Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    1 of them completely bailed out of the project before it was released on Steam I believe, the other 2 from the sound of it, are still providing feedback and whatnot to this version, but that’s how far it goes, I think.
    I guess they other two are there to provide tons and tons of 'lore'.

Shit, mofo didn't even bother changing the name of the screen shot... hey Connor (@mmofallout) if ya going to copy my homework , at least throw me a thanks, will ya.
    How fucked up is that? I've never heard of the website but you could likely report the douche to the site admins maybe?

It's just really weird, honestly wouldn’t really mind it if they at least sourced the shit.

Either way, I poked them a bit on twitter about it, to see what comes out of it:

https://twitter.com/mmofallout/statu...05392557936640
    Fuck that, you did the work you should get the credit if someone is going to just steal your work and put it out there as work they did they don't deserve to be getting their 'work' put on websites and linked places.

Should just tell their "PR Firm" to bloody hire me at this point.
    Like someone that small time has a PR firm. Just like in the early days of this thread with Forged Chaos having multiple members in a social media 'team'.

Well, to be fair! Their "social media team" were the pretty much the only team in the project doing it's job!
    Hahah no kidding. The social media team must have doubled as the 'make tons of fake posts on their forums' team too. Those were the days.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. That's skeezy as fuck.
    BAD WOLF

oh they're back, what a surprise, lmao!

Also, the forums are gone. So you can't check out the fanboys there anymore. The team is gone, I can't see who's working on this ''game'' right now. And their discord is (I assume) private? I don't dare to try and join it. I would feel ashamed too much, but on the other hand I miss out on a lot of lols.

AND the best part... THE MAP IS BACK!

https://trialsofascension.com/map

I think they had this as a mouse pad a while ago. Good stuff, we're back!

Wait...Trials of Ascension AND Ashes of Creation are 2 different games?

There is some drama with Ashes of Creation also its becoming a Battle Royale instead of a MMO.

Im confused by this 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackiera View Post
    One person who supported ToA to the bitter end in a Discord I'm in is also viciously supporting Day of Dragons to the bitter end and fighting the healthy skepticism people are bringing up. People really don't learn...
    I'm guessing that person is that one spazcake who was really, REALLY into dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit, ToA Team, just hire this mofo already: https://twitter.com/mmofallout/statu...45715389014016

God damn Croats dude! Even worse than the Russian hackers.

Edited: Roflmao, the guy just deleted his tweets and marked my comment on the article linking to my post in this thread as "spam".
    Yeah, when there's a question about plagiarism and possible legal ramifications, the marketing team is the group to ask.

I'd suggest everyone take another look at Day of Dragons. It looked bad in the beginning but the developer hasn't run off with the money, big names have been hired (Jia Hao for models, Simon Chylinski for sounds, Rey Fernandez jr for music). The "truth about dod" video purposely misrepresented a lot of things, for example when he states that most dragons are planned to be paid dlc, he pulls from two different quotes that say the opposite. That was never the plan. The two years in development wasn't two years of coding, it was conceptualizing with some friends who later left, and switching engines twice.

Even if DoD flops it won't be because Jao, the dev, is a scammer, it will have because he's too ambitious. but at least he knows how to code. lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Cat View Post
    I'd suggest everyone take another look at Day of Dragons. It looked bad in the beginning but the developer hasn't run off with the money, big names have been hired (Jia Hao for models, Simon Chylinski for sounds, Rey Fernandez jr for music). The "truth about dod" video purposely misrepresented a lot of things, for example when he states that most dragons are planned to be paid dlc, he pulls from two different quotes that say the opposite. That was never the plan. The two years in development wasn't two years of coding, it was conceptualizing with some friends who later left, and switching engines twice.

Even if DoD flops it won't be because Jao, the dev, is a scammer, it will have because he's too ambitious. but at least he knows how to code. lmao.
    Seems legit. Thank you mystery fan, I'm gonna buy three copies now!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Holy shit that thing already got over 100 negative reviews on its first day.

From the streaming it was so bad that the devs had to log in just to commit suicide so players had something to eat to stay alive, and even that was bugged and would often just not work, which is hilarious considering that's pretty much what's there to do in the game right now.

A few players can't even try to do that, because they are stuck in the egg form every time they log in
    Geez, I am shocked, SHOCKED this game has been worked on for 2 years by super secretive dev-kun is just a pathetic asset flip game. Jokes on me though as that guy probably took home a nice amount of cash to the bank as he 'worked' on it.

Oh brother. Just reading this quote "the initial founders of the project turning over the IP to me with heavy hearts and feeling as though they had failed to accomplish the dreams of not only their backers and supporters but themselves as well." made me roll my eyes so hard they almost popped out of my head and rolled under my desk. Yeah the initial founders that couldn't code, had a make believe studio 10+ years ago refused to compromise to supposed interested game companies, blah blah blah sad story. So they come back to scam people out of their money and when that fails they scratch together more money to release a shitty demo.

Why exactly would anyone want this IP and try to do something with it is beyond me. I'll enjoy watching this continue to burn.

Wicked Cat, thank you for taking your time making an account here just to suggest us to take a good look on Day of Dragons, it’s proving to be quite a fucking show. I don’t know if the developer is a “criminal scum” or not, but his certainly a bloody walking and breathing PR disaster, and I just wonder how much of that sweet Kickstarter money his willing to throw at lawyer to go after “dem haters”… what an incompetent fool.
    I never condoned the banning of IGP or icy. I actually disagree with it completely. But, as far as I knew Jao was in the right. I tried to argue in good faith. You did a good job clearing that up though. I really don’t know what this guy is thinking. I hope he reverses his tos breaks asap.

This game really does need to be taken off steam if they are pulling all of this shady shit. Either way this Jao guy is laughing all the way to the bank as he's ripped off countless people already.

Oh my. Here we go again!

That was a very good video. How can Jao defend any of this is beyond me.
    Last edited by CarlingBlackLabel; 2019-12-21 at 03:02 PM. Reason: adding comments
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Long ass vid. that sums DoD pretty nicely.

This is fascinating. I know this topic is dead and I'm not even sure how I got here. But this is absolutely fantastic YouTube content. Thanks for sharing this.

I really don't understand how anyone can, with a straight face, offer the "it's just one guy" excuse when addressing why something that has been offered to the public is fundamentally shitty and/or broken. Either hire more help or scale back your wish list of features until you can reasonably accommodate them in the product; anything less is a tacit expression of sheer incompetence.

This thread is never dead =P

You should check that dude's channel, apparently he does a lot of videos like that.
    There'll always be more bad games and schemes to see.