Reviving an old warrior.

I leveled a warrior to 90 around the time timeless isle came out and never touched him or WoW in general for that matter, now I'm feeling like reviving him and while I really did enjoy tanking dungeons and stuff I don't have the time or patience to take on the responsibility of being a raid tank. With that in mind I'm curious for dps should I go fury right away or start as arms until I work some gear up. Any other tips for a newbie warrior would be great too. Thanks!

Read the guides sticked at the top of the forum. Seriously.

Arms rotation is more sustainable with less gear. If you enjoy it stick with it, or try out Fury once you get around 30% unbuffed Crit. Prior to that amount, the rotation is a bit too random and not very fluid.
    Otherwise, farm the Isle if you need gear; or try out Flex - Normal modes via openraid.us

I did look through them and I saw nothing along the lines of "New Warriors Look Here" Just guides on the specs. So you can take your attitude somewhere else. Seriously.

Thanks for the advice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granda View Post
    I did look through them and I saw nothing along the lines of "New Warriors Look Here" Just guides on the specs. So you can take your attitude somewhere else. Seriously.

...Seriously? It wasn't attitude.
    Your question was extremely open ended, you asked for general advice. I pointed to the guides because 99% of the people who open threads never bother to read them, because they want a quick answer. They are very well written and will teach you how to gear/gem/enchant, how to talent/glyph and how to perform the current rotations.

I also advised you to of the spec you should play to start and when to swap to the other, and where to look to get into some content for a returning player.

I answered your question and then some, so congratulations for being an ass to someone who was in fact just trying to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Granda View Post

Umm.. The stickies contain all the information you need to play any warrior spec at a relatively high level.

What kind of tips are you looking for if the stickies aren't good enough?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it´s about holding hands.
    Alright, I can hold your hand!
    Go to the timeless isle. Kill what you can, aquire timeless gear, tiersets from the world bosses and start working on your cloak. Once you reach Itemlvl ~ 500 queue for lfr!
    Oh, you did already know how to gear? Sorry, your question was just a bit to vague.
    Arms or Fury? Arms until you reach high crit levels. Later on, Arms for cleave heavy fights, Fury for single target. You knew that already? I guess you must have read it in the stickies.
    Regarding the stickies, they cover Rotation, Talentchoices, Glyphs and Statchoices. So just consult them for those matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Warriors use plate
    plate is the stuff that paladins wear
    but paladins use mana
    whereas warriors use rage

ash knowledge™

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what are you looking for that hasn't been covered in the stickies/remarks here? I think they hit the nail on the head, but to really drive it home:
    Grind gear till ilvel 500, then LFR
    Arms>Fury until 560 ilevel with a lot of crit, then start dabbling in fury
    Always go for crit gear, unless their is a huge ilevel descrepency
    The guides are stickied to cover any other information about the given specs, so not sure what else you could need to know that hasn't been covered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Warriors use plate
    plate is the stuff that paladins wear
    but paladins use mana
    whereas warriors use rage

ash knowledge™
    EDIT: Warriors are also melee

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    EDIT: Warriors are also melee
    Not if you use throw weapon! If you combine it with your throw ability, Stormbolt and the DD Meta you become a wielder of lightning and thunder! Just like a ele shammy without that stupid mana.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

After years of lurking I have finally registered just to tell the lot of you replying here you're stuck up <expletive>s.

Give the guy a break, please point me to the sticky which gives advice on which spec is best with low gear levels / is easy to get into. I see guides for each spec once you have chosen it, I see a "fix my DPS" thread, a video thread and one with links; none of which answer his question or give advice. I don't see anything about which one to choose or anything to point newbies in the right direction.

Yes, if you're always around here or know warriors well you can answer his question in a heartbeat, but to someone new it certainly isn't obvious where to start. And yes, similar questions very frequently come up, but like I said, the reason this keeps coming up is that the information is not clearly available to give new players a push in the right direction. People answer it a lot in individual threads and then it gets buried; this always happens.

If you aren't going to be helpful, or are going to be snotty (first replier, snotty and condescending as hell, don't blame OP for his reaction to this) - then don't sodding reply, just leave it. You're not helping anyone, you're discouraging people and you would feel a lot better about yourself if you just put effort into helping instead of balancing on your pedestal, <expletive> <expletive>s.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Arms rotation is more sustainable with less gear. If you enjoy it stick with it, or try out Fury once you get around 30% unbuffed Crit. Prior to that amount, the rotation is a bit too random and not very fluid.
    Otherwise, farm the Isle if you need gear; or try out Flex - Normal modes via openraid.us
    Quoting myself, as the first replier. I answered exactly what he asked for and even went beyond telling him where he should go for gear and how to easily get into group content using another resource.

"Read the guides" is a completely logical thing to tell him because it does include tips. The Arms guide even has a section on what items to upgrade first, what rotation you should use, how the 2p affects your rotation, alternate rotations, what trinkets you should go for first; not to mention the normal "what spells, talents, glyphs, enchants should I use". I know, because I wrote it.

We get one of these threads once a week from people who skip right over the guides. Likely because most class guides on MMO-C are not very good. Maybe he thought I was being condescending, I'd apologize but I was in fact trying to be being helpful and gave him the exact info he asked for.
    Look at once of the other threads exactly like this one, there is one right here on the front page with a back and forth between a new player looking for help and my answers, about 8 replies worth or so.

Anyways, welcome to MMO-C, enjoy your stay.

Again, why would he go into the Arms guide (and even if he did it doesn't answer this), when his primary and first question is about which spec?

And your helpful information was given with attitude and snottiness, e.g. the "Seriously."

And again, the reason there is a multitude of these threads is that you all pull this <expletive> in individual threads, but there isn't just a sticky with "New players come here, this is how it is and what you should be doing to begin with"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGoosen View Post
    After years of lurking I have finally registered just to tell the lot of you replying here you're stuck up <expletive>s.

Give the guy a break, please point me to the sticky which gives advice on which spec is best with low gear levels / is easy to get into. I see guides for each spec once you have chosen it, I see a "fix my DPS" thread, a video thread and one with links; none of which answer his question or give advice. I don't see anything about which one to choose or anything to point newbies in the right direction.

Yes, if you're always around here or know warriors well you can answer his question in a heartbeat, but to someone new it certainly isn't obvious where to start. And yes, similar questions very frequently come up, but like I said, the reason this keeps coming up is that the information is not clearly available to give new players a push in the right direction. People answer it a lot in individual threads and then it gets buried; this always happens.

If you aren't going to be helpful, or are going to be snotty (first replier, snotty and condescending as hell, don't blame OP for his reaction to this) - then don't sodding reply, just leave it. You're not helping anyone, you're discouraging people and you would feel a lot better about yourself if you just put effort into helping instead of balancing on your pedestal, <expletive> <expletive>s.

So... You registered to necro a fairly done thread and almost-shitpost eleven lines of self-expunged insults?
    Welcome, you will be a healthy addition to the <expletive> community of <expletive> warriors.

Also, you should try to adress what OP or at least someone else suggested instead of only flailing complaints around. Let me show you how you do that by adressing your shi... shiny post.
    So, if you really want to get into warriors (at least enough to make a thread about it) and have already decided that you want to deal damage you are expected to read both stickies necessairy. Fury and Arms. Even without knowing, that later on you will need both speccs anyway to excell at each boss, reading both stickies might give you a first grasp of what awaits you. While you are reading the Fury guide you, as a vigilant reader, will notice its high crit dependancy. And as a small, sorry, smart player you will discard Fury as an option for the start. Thus, redirecting a player to said guides is far from snotty. Snotty would be registering just to complain about something one-self isn´t doing better in any kind cause his first and only post consisted of criticism instead of advice for the OP in question... but seriously, who would EVER do something like that?

Again, why would he go into the Arms guide (and even if he did it doesn't answer this), when his primary and first question is about which spec?

And your helpful information was given with attitude and snottiness, e.g. the "Seriously."

And again, the reason there is a multitude of these threads is that you all pull this <expletive> in individual threads, but there isn't just a sticky with "New players come here, this is how it is and what you should be doing to begin with"
    I assume you are one of those players, who ask for things like "What faction to farm and where to find it to make the mammoth in dalaran cheaper" instead of googling "mammoth dalaran faction". No shit. You expect people to not only hold hands but a new player´s genitalia while he is peeing. And I do not believe, that that is healthy since playing Arms or Fury good requires a level of intelligence that at least enables you to find out yourself, that Fury is clunky at low crit levels.
    Last edited by Valech; 2014-06-25 at 11:15 AM.

Because his question was "I'm curious for dps should I go fury right away or start as arms until I work some gear up."

And to answer I suggested going Arms first until he had 30% crit? It was the first sentence quoted above.
    Generally if you didn't know what spec to go, you might read a guide to get an understanding of how they play and what is required of them.

You are welcome to write a "new players come here" sticky if you feel it is that important. I think there are a multitude of them already around MMO-C and WoWhead has some particularly good ones, but insofar as Warrior is concerned, the information is already listed.

I can understand if my meaning was taken harshly, wasn't intended that way but I'm used to being misunderstood, so no hair off my back; but you bringing it up again when it was already hashed out isn't necessary, nor are your "expletives". Not much better at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to close this here.

One, there are guides and sticky threads. Two, offensive/derailing posting isn't tolerated.