Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ever think that's the persona he plays, and not how he really acts? I mean, if I could be raking in even 6 figures by acting like a retarded spaz while streaming/recording myself playing games, you be your ass I would.

I'm at least assuming that he actually acts differently in real life. No clue, as I can't be bothered to watch any more of his vids (watched one...once, was more than enough for me).
    Watch his non-gameplay videos or his "thank you" videos. He's very smart and caring (he also donated the first big amount of money he ever made to Save the Whales foundation)

Yeah, its definitely an act he plays. He became famous for his rambunctious, silly, sophomoric humor, so he sticks with it each episode.

Like Larry the Cable Guy who acts opposite of a redneck IRL, or Honey Boo Boo's mom who acts NOTHING like the character she portrays on TV. Comedians assume fake identities to make people laugh, and Pewds does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Watch his non-gameplay videos or his "thank you" videos. He's very smart and caring (he also donated the first big amount of money he ever made to Save the Whales foundation)

Yeah, its definitely an act he plays. He became famous for his rambunctious, silly, sophomoric humor, so he sticks with it each episode.

Like Larry the Cable Guy who acts opposite of a redneck IRL, or Honey Boo Boo's mom who acts NOTHING like the character she portrays on TV. Comedians assume fake identities to make people laugh, and Pewds does the same.
    Thought so. I like what he does with his charity work and all, I just can't stand his persona he plays for more than a second. Find it completely odious. But others dig it and it's both created a great life for him and allowed him to do a lot of good for some charities, so I'll just continue avoiding his videos and being thankful for the work/donations he does for charities.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Not a big fan on pewdiepie, makes me sad he has 27mil subs but someone awesome like Jon tron only has 1mil

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see the appeal of Let's Players and this Twitch.. I used to hate watching my brothers and friends play games while I just had to sit there and I hate doing the same on Youtube...

Really seems I'm a minority on this though, but I'm genuine interested in what attracts people to watching someone else play instead of doing it themselves.

Lets plays are fun enough, if you just finished or rage quitted a video game, and are curious to see how other people deal with the situation. I personally can't stand PewDiePie. I think he's fucking annoying. TheRadBrad gets my vote. He seems like a nice and friendly guy, who it could be fun to chill and play a game with.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Well, they did and here too and 11 million for slender i could go on and on.

The rest of your post is conjecture so I wont delve in to that.
    I could go on too of old videos that have had months to get 8mil or more views. The slender man is several years old. The point remains that 1 guy did not bring in 8mil views Right away on these games. How influential he is is nothing but a guess by anyone. And how is the rest nothing but conjecture? Facebook is a good way to get seen and as a gamer, Im sure you can understand that if a game is good, It will be known by the gaming community who will then tell friends and family and try to get them in on it. Saying this simple fact is conjecture leads me to believe you may not be as up to date on what gamers do as I thought.

Not to mention I wouldn't say my post is nothing but conjecture. Its all pretty well known facts that you want big name guys who can attract people with the money to spend on it. A child, has no money to spend on it. If their parents are any good they wont give in to most whims anyway. Not to mention they really do need to figure out more ways to advertise other then a guy on youtube who annoys a lot of adults and gives no information on the gameplay, story, or mechanics but just instead screams and yells like any hyper active kid does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post

Not a big fan on pewdiepie, makes me sad he has 27mil subs but someone awesome like Jon tron only has 1mil
    Like I said, there are a ton of really talented artists and singers on youtube who could really get a nice start in the industry if they had half the subs he has for doing what any kid can do.

Being the top subscribed user on YouTube, he indirectly markets games for free... Game Companies love people like this.

Personally, I ain't a fan of his videos... but how he connects with the audience of the young gamer crowd is quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    I really don't see the appeal of Let's Players and this Twitch.. I used to hate watching my brothers and friends play games while I just had to sit there and I hate doing the same on Youtube...

Really seems I'm a minority on this though, but I'm genuine interested in what attracts people to watching someone else play instead of doing it themselves.
    I actually think watching people enjoy a game is a better way to shop games, as opposed to "reviews" or trailers.

I like most of his videos. I don't care about Happy Wheels and other crap games. Neither do I like Q&A vids.
    Watching him play Horror Games throught the Occulus Rift is highly amusing though. I like Let's plays aswell. Don't know why.

- - - Updated - - -

I like most of his videos. I don't care about Happy Wheels and other crap games. Neither do I like Q&A vids.
    Watching him play Horror Games throught the Occulus Rift is highly amusing though. I like Let's plays aswell. Don't know why.