6 Minute Galakras Kill?

So I've seen it and heard about it but still confused on the strategy for it, I know that the group goes up and clears out before the demolisher gets there and all that fine stuff, but really does clearing it like that truly save 3-4 minutes??? Is there a special way to deal with the grunt or a way to speed up the towers? We CC'd it the entire time when we tried it but apparently it didn't even do that much for us.
    Last edited by Durantye; 2014-06-18 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

Just do DMG? Both Tower guardians died.
    We literally kept the grunts CCed the entire time and I'm pretty sure our dmg on the adds that literally have a high down time isn't going to help. Yet not even remotely close to a kill like that.

Deleted
    Go see if Devai have a stream VoD of their Galakras kill since his guild (Paragons) have the fastest galakras kill recorded on WCL.

I may be wrong but I think the key is void tendrils

Getting the 6-7 minute kills by doing it the method you are describing is exactly how you do it for 25H (along with not letting the grunt ever get a single melee hit on the add as you said since it will stop the build time). Shoot down galakras the immediate second that the 2nd tower is cleared + make sure raid is saving full dps cds etc for galakras so its melts. Also underheal it.

You'll see low end 5 minute kills on 10H man which is a bit more surprising to me. I am not sure how you do that. I am too lazy to see those logs, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardiff View Post
    Getting the 6-7 minute kills by doing it the method you are describing is exactly how you do it for 25H (along with not letting the grunt ever get a single melee hit on the add as you said since it will stop the build time). Shoot down galakras the immediate second that the 2nd tower is cleared + make sure raid is saving full dps cds etc for galakras so its melts. Also underheal it.

You'll see low end 5 minute kills on 10H man which is a bit more surprising to me. I am not sure how you do that. I am too lazy to see those logs, however.
    It's very hard to "underheal" galakras . The entire healing requirement for the fight came from the extended amount galakras was alive. When he dies inside a bloodlust, that's no longer the case. We have found it 100% impossible to rank as healers on the fight, despite 2-3 healing it, because not enough damage goes out (as an example, tonight we had: 170K from disc - 150K from r sham - 140K from hpally, which landed me as the disc priest at roughly rank 2000 out of 4600).

That said, the easy steps to a quick galakras kill:
    Never let the grunt hit the door-goblins (that includes killing the grunts on the second tower whenever you see them, despite the first tower not being "done" yet).
    Void tendril the demolisher and have the entire raid zerg through the towers.
    Zerg galakras.
    GG.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't rank on galk, only fight I can't. Burns me inside, need to solo heal or bring 10 buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's very hard to "underheal" galakras . The entire healing requirement for the fight came from the extended amount galakras was alive. When he dies inside a bloodlust, that's no longer the case. We have found it 100% impossible to rank as healers on the fight, despite 2-3 healing it, because not enough damage goes out (as an example, tonight we had: 170K from disc - 150K from r sham - 140K from hpally, which landed me as the disc priest at roughly rank 2000 out of 4600).

That said, the easy steps to a quick galakras kill:
    Never let the grunt hit the door-goblins (that includes killing the grunts on the second tower whenever you see them, despite the first tower not being "done" yet).
    Void tendril the demolisher and have the entire raid zerg through the towers.
    Zerg galakras.
    GG.
    ya the damage is so light with how fast phase 2 ends, and I realize that. When I solo healed a few months ago (on 10), its still incredibly difficult to rank because of how fast p2 goes etc.

But OP's guild still routinely 5-6 heals the fight which is a problem if you are trying for speed. That is what I was more getting at

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I can't rank on galk, only fight I can't. Burns me inside, need to solo heal or bring 10 buyers.
    Easier way to do this, keep one grunt up for the whole duration of the fight... the only way to rank on that fight is to make sure the NPCs take a beating so you can pad on them.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

If you want to rank just stack in front of the boss or something :P

Send 15-18 people on first tower and 19-21 on 2nd tower and shoot the boss down instantly when tower 2 finishes doesn't matter if shit is alive(if you do it right nothing is though)

You can look at the replay and you can see that they are sending nearly the whole raid up the tower.

We gave a 6:32 kill of him. We send all ranged dps and rogues up the first tower, after demo dies. We leave one rootable ranged down, moonkin/spriest, to keep the other grunt off the tower guys tho. Second tower, we send up all dps right as it opens. We have the boss person dead before the demo gets there and most of the random crap. We do kill all the adds when we get down though before going on Galakras which is why we are slower than some on the fight as most just burn her down and offtank the adds.