Thread: Stupid question

10+ Year Old Account

Stupid question

If I went into ToT LFR 4 and got Secrets of the Empire, can I go back in the same week and get Titan Runestones?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

No.

One chance at a legendary per boss per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    No.

One chance at a legendary per boss per week.
    Ok and is it the last 2 wings in ToT and first 2 wings of SoO? Sorry for these questions it's been a while and I am old lol
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

7+ Year Old Account
    Secrets are all of ToT and first 2 wings of SoO, Runestones are last two of ToT and first two of SoO

btw its not a stupid question I am pretty sure we all asked this at one point or another
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    Secrets are all of ToT and first 2 wings of SoO, Runestones are last two of ToT and first two of SoO
    Thank you much

10+ Year Old Account
    The only 'exception' to this.. is you can get a Titan Runestone from Lei Shen, and if you finish the quest that week, can go back and get the Heart of Lei Shen from him, since the heart is considered a 'quest drop' and Secrets/Runestones are considered 'loot' drops
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Each part of the quest is independent. You can run them again for a chance at Runestones so long as you didn't kill them while on the quest for that specific part. The only caveat is that you won't get the guaranteed drops from the specific bosses (that eligibility only happens on the first kill of the week regardless if you are on the quest).

June 7:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I have a question about the Titan Runestone drops. I completed the quest this week for the 20 Secrets of the Empire by running LFR bosses. Now I have my metagem and I am on the quest for the Runestones. When I run the last six bosses on normal this weekend, will I have a chance for the Runestones to drop even though I got Secrets from some of the bosses on LFR?
    Thanks.

If you're on a completely different step of the Legendary quest line you should be eligible for a chance to drop. But, a minor disclaimer. This hotfix isn't in effect yet so you aren't guaranteed to get a Titan Runestone from Lei Shen. (Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The first time you kill Lei Shen in a week (regardless of difficulty) is the only time that you're eligible for the guaranteed Secrets of the Empire or Titan Runestone.

[Edited for correction.] (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-06-19 at 12:58 AM.

Thats pretty nice to know, ty Aquamonkey!

I finished the secrets bit yesterday, don't know if I have the stomach for the same LFR 2x in a week though (the thought made me puke a bit!)