No porting in during combat:

I just don't understand this. I can understand no porting out in combat due to trolls and gripes with people, but why no porting in?
    This will be my third LFR this week where I get the dungeon pop, and I can't zone in due to the encounter having been already started which means I have to reque to get the boss I missed. Or even worse, I died and when I ran back, the encounter was started and I miss out on the last boss. It just turns into a huge waste of time for me overall.

Thoughts/Opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, from an overall perspective I understand why that's how it works. If you could have people zone in or port in during combat it could be used for exploiting encounters, making certain mechanics easier, maybe getting around the # of battle rezzes, etc.

For the reasons you just mentioned though, it would be nice if those rules weren't in place for LFR - but my guess is that making those changes under the hood is probably a lot more work than its worth though.

I actually had a small giggle to myself irl contemplating the insane numbers of exploits you could abuse by allowing this.

"Ok listen up guys, whoever gets Malice is just going to hearth out the raid and run back in"

"Ok, the debuffs have gone out, everyone run in"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I actually had a small giggle to myself irl contemplating the insane numbers of exploits you could abuse by allowing this.

"Ok listen up guys, whoever gets Malice is just going to hearth out the raid and run back in"

"Ok, the debuffs have gone out, everyone run in"
    Or the havoc of someone with Malice porting out to Shrine or whatever - like when that debuff could be spread to people in cities ... I can't remember where that was from though; ZG? MC? I just remember it wiped out full cities of people haha

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Or the havoc of someone with Malice porting out to Shrine or whatever - like when that debuff could be spread to people in cities ... I can't remember where that was from though; ZG? MC? I just remember it wiped out full cities of people haha
    ZG debuff on pet, dismiss, hearthstone and resummon.

OT: One solution could be that people who just joined still get teleported in. It sucks to only need an item from x boss and nothing else from the wing, but that boss is already pulled when you get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

It's fun when you get into a LFR group on the last boss and can't port in, and if you leave you get the deserter debuff. Always a pleasure to have to wait 15 minutes for a group to kill Garrosh before I can go on questing, farming lesser charms, queuing for another instance or whatever else I can't do while in a raid group.

LFR used to allow people to port in during combat, which was usually instant confusion and death when it happened.

Still, that was WAY less annoying than accepting LFR and then before you can teleport in someone pulls a boss and you are stuck outside for 5-10 minutes IN A RAID GROUP (can't quest anymore).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    It's fun when you get into a LFR group on the last boss and can't port in, and if you leave you get the deserter debuff. Always a pleasure to have to wait 15 minutes for a group to kill Garrosh before I can go on questing, farming lesser charms, queuing for another instance or whatever else I can't do while in a raid group.
    LOL exactly what you said.

Its sad, its standard practice these days to Rage kick somebody and instantly pull, fucking the new person

Oh look, LFR's queue system is broken, just like everything else about LFR. Imagine that.

Fear not, for Mythic shall fix it! Okay, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowserkills7 View Post
    I just don't understand this. I can understand no porting out in combat due to trolls and gripes with people, but why no porting in?
    This will be my third LFR this week where I get the dungeon pop, and I can't zone in due to the encounter having been already started which means I have to reque to get the boss I missed. Or even worse, I died and when I ran back, the encounter was started and I miss out on the last boss. It just turns into a huge waste of time for me overall.

Thoughts/Opinions?
    The reason you can't zone isn't an LFR only issue. During normal or heroic raids you also can't zone in when an encounter is in progress. This is to prevent exploiting by having people who died just run back in, or other possible exploits.