Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrosh heirlooms and the new WoD heirloom UI

According to what was posted by Blizzard last November, there will be a heirloom UI in WoD like the current mount and battle pet UIs. As such, there will be one of each heirloom that you own showing up in the menu and any toon on the account (that can equip the item) will be able to equip it. That being the case, what is the point of farming multiple Garrosh heirlooms? Shouldn't we be able to just get a set of one each and be done getting all we need?

People aren't farming to get 2 of the same Heirloom, trust me. They're trying to get them all, but it's a random chance and you can get multiple copies of the same one.

I wanna get more information on the heirloom stuff ASAP because most people are unsure about how it will work... It's either "Unlock one" get infinite of them or get one spend one.

Back in November Blizzard said with regard to WoD:

Heirlooms

heirloom collection
    Heirlooms are now truly cross-realm and account-bound. All characters on the account (new and old) will be able to summon the heirlooms that have been unlocked straight into their inventories!"
    That seems to mean it's like mounts. Any toon on an account can access any mount (that he's able to use.)

Also Bashiok said:

It’s a new UI of (essentially) buttons that will “light up” when you obtain one (or have obtained one) of the heirlooms. Click the button and an item of that type will be generated and put into your bags.
    Last edited by Stellan; 2014-06-14 at 02:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in January I ask Owen Landgren, the UI guru at Blizzard, and he said about the Heirlooms

https://twitter.com/olandgren/status/425457616077070338

It'll show unlocked heirlooms (a la mount) at highest level you've unlocked them, along with sources for upgrades.
    Also Bay of Final Boss found out yesterday, found out that you cannot delete a toon if they have an heirloom in their bags.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2014-06-14 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Also Bay of Final Boss found out yesterday, found out that you cannot delete a toon if they have an heirloom in their bags.
    That's been the case on live servers for a long, long, long time.

I'd love to see what happens to my two flex Garrosh two handers, one which went to my death knight, and has a rune on it, and one which went to my warrior and has a standard enchant on it. In WoD, will I be able to pick that heirloom, and what enchant I want on it, based on what enchants it had on it? Will I have to apply an enchant every time I copy one? Cause that'd blow, especially if I already had the enchant on it. Plus, the heirloom Garrosh weapons have gem slots, do you lose the gems? Can you upgrade the gems, and "put it back in," IE, update your heirloom page with the new gems?

These questions matter (to me).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what will happen AFTER 6.0, but according to Jonathan LeCraft; Item dev at Blizzard; we will no longer be able to put Enchants onto our Off-hands for 2 one-handers.

https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/sta...64619142873088

So that may help. But as for your question I do believe you are correct in that you will have to enchant at least each heirloom. It is my understanding that each character creates a new heirloom when they take it out of the UI tab. You most likely cannot put an item back in with X enchant and pull that item with said enchant back out on another toon.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    In WoD, will I be able to pick that heirloom, and what enchant I want on it, based on what enchants it had on it? Will I have to apply an enchant every time I copy one? Cause that'd blow, especially if I already had the enchant on it. Plus, the heirloom Garrosh weapons have gem slots, do you lose the gems? Can you upgrade the gems, and "put it back in," IE, update your heirloom page with the new gems?
    My guess is that the heirloom copies in your bags will still function exactly as heirlooms do today... in other words, you'll still be able to send them among your different characters and they'll retain any enchants you've put on them. The new UI is basically a storage that allows you to delete the one in your bags at some point in the future, and then it will probably lose any enchants/gems you've placed on it. You'd only do this once you've finished using the heirloom for the foreseeable future. IMO that would be the simplest way for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I'm not sure what will happen AFTER 6.0, but according to Jonathan LeCraft; Item dev at Blizzard; we will no longer be able to put Enchants onto our Off-hands for 2 one-handers.

https://twitter.com/TheCrafticus/sta...64619142873088

So that may help. But as for your question I do believe you are correct in that you will have to enchant at least each heirloom. It is my understanding that each character creates a new heirloom when they take it out of the UI tab. You most likely cannot put an item back in with X enchant and pull that item with said enchant back out on another toon.
    They're talking about caster offhands, not offhand weapons. Seeing how they got rid of offhand classified weapons, it's kinda hard to prevent people from enchanting a weapon they'll use in their offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    My guess is that the heirloom copies in your bags will still function exactly as heirlooms do today... in other words, you'll still be able to send them among your different characters and they'll retain any enchants you've put on them. The new UI is basically a storage that allows you to delete the one in your bags at some point in the future, and then it will probably lose any enchants/gems you've placed on it. You'd only do this once you've finished using the heirloom for the foreseeable future. IMO that would be the simplest way for it to work.
    Once 6.0 drops, I would assume all heirlooms would move to the new menu UI like mounts and battle pets and then you have to re-equip them for a first time (and thereafter if you want to swap one out). Some of the enchants are going away. So maybe they get wiped as well with the drop of 6.0.

I think the the Garrosh weapons are the only heirlooms with gem slots. Not sure what happens to the gems in those weapons although I guess you have to change it with each different spec.

The reason this whole topic came to mind with me is that I was thinking about the change that Blizzard announced that there would be a 100 percent drop rate for the first Garrosh heirloom weapon in 6.0. But then, I thought, so what? It wouldn't help my disc priest that she gets a 100 percent drop of the Garrosh War Staff since my resto druid already has it. There's a one hand priest war mace but I see no way to make that the 100 percent choice for my priest. Casters, in general, have a one hand/off hand or staff option. How are they going to be effected by the 100 percent drop rate feature?

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be in the new UI for sure, don't think they wouldn't add them there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    The reason this whole topic came to mind with me is that I was thinking about the change that Blizzard announced that there would be a 100 percent drop rate for the first Garrosh heirloom weapon in 6.0. But then, I thought, so what? It wouldn't help my disc priest that she gets a 100 percent drop of the Garrosh War Staff since my resto druid already has it. There's a one hand priest war mace but I see no way to make that the 100 percent choice for my priest. Casters, in general, have a one hand/off hand or staff option. How are they going to be effected by the 100 percent drop rate feature?
    A staff is generally more convenient for leveling, and the only real issue left then is dual-wielders. I imagine the menu will just store duplicates, as people already tend to get duplicate trinket even for non-dual wielders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I am wondering if you can make multiple copies of the Heirlooms. An example would be say having Bloodied Arcanite Reaper and gave it to my DK then also wanted to have one for my Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by w4rl0 View Post
    I am wondering if you can make multiple copies of the Heirlooms. An example would be say having Bloodied Arcanite Reaper and gave it to my DK then also wanted to have one for my Pally.
    That's the point of this discussion. Once WoD drops, heirlooms will be in a UI menu like mounts and battle pets. Any toon (who can equip them) will be able to get the heirloom from the menu. Therefore, you could have as many of one item equipped on different toons as you want.

The other question is since gear will change stats based on what spec you have, will heirlooms do the same? This would render the different stat type heirlooms, e.g. leather intel chest piece and leather agility chest piece, redundant. So are they going to eliminate some of the heirlooms and just have one piece per armor type?

One final minor note. This will certainly be a boon to holy paladin's who have never had a complete set of intel plate for reasons only Blizzard could rationalize.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'd love to see what happens to my two flex Garrosh two handers, one which went to my death knight, and has a rune on it, and one which went to my warrior and has a standard enchant on it. In WoD, will I be able to pick that heirloom, and what enchant I want on it, based on what enchants it had on it? Will I have to apply an enchant every time I copy one? Cause that'd blow, especially if I already had the enchant on it. Plus, the heirloom Garrosh weapons have gem slots, do you lose the gems? Can you upgrade the gems, and "put it back in," IE, update your heirloom page with the new gems?

These questions matter (to me).
    I suspect that a new "blank" copy of the heirloom would appear in the inventory of the other character, and so would need enchanted/gemmed as if it were one that dropped.
    However I see no reason for the removal of the current mailing between characters, so you may still be able to avoid having to re-enchant if you re-use the existing one.
    There are bind to account items that aren't equipment which still have that need to be mailed between characters, so no reason for that capability to be adjusted or removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    i want to know about the "tabards tab" too as well as more about the toy box and the heirloom page, the bag/bank space i will have once all these go live will be insane, looking forward to the professions (reagents) tab and the extra void storage xD

Oh and so my resto druid got the Hellscream War Staff. Will its stats convert automatically to agility when I switch my druid to feral?
    Last edited by Stellan; 2014-06-14 at 08:09 PM.

Deleted
    Any info yet about garrosh heirlooms. Are a Heroic Garrosh bow gonna be better then a Garrosh LFR bow when you hit 91+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    The other question is since gear will change stats based on what spec you have, will heirlooms do the same? This would render the different stat type heirlooms, e.g. leather intel chest piece and leather agility chest piece, redundant. So are they going to eliminate some of the heirlooms and just have one piece per armor type?
    AFAIK, the whole "gear changes specs with you thing" is currently exclusive to WoD items and beyond. There's no mention of back-populating gear with dual-stats.