Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really enjoy leveling through the quests for the first time on my main I will only do the leveling dungeons one time each, now when it comes time to repeat all the quests on alts yeah it can become a little boring but you can do more dungeon ques to break it up and switch things up or stick purely to the main quest chain. With the new way they are doing quests they make it easier for you to just follow the main quest chain it should be a breeze for those of you who really do not like questing at all.
    Like many others have said, don't speak for everyone else, you can give your opinion but be mindful of what words you choose so you don't end up speaking for everyone.

There are very few things that would make me quit the game and this would be one of them, questing/ leveling fleshes the game out I have no interest to play a game that lacks something essential as this.

I care about levelling. Don't tell me no one does. I currently have 15 level 90s, a level 80, a level 76, and a level 55. I love levelling, particularly after the Cata redo.

I'll admit that Cata screwed the pooch on end-game content because they basically re-did the entire vanilla game, but saying no one likes levelling and should be removed because YOU personally don't like it? Beyond stupid.
    Last edited by raviadso; 2014-06-19 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    SNIP...

Anyway, lets not turn this into another paid 90 boost thread.
    Agreed but if your going to discuss not leveling and how it's hated, it's hard to not mention not leveling for 90 level and only doing the last 10.

Can you please show your evidence that no-one cares about leveling? It's the thing I look forward to most with a new expansion.

I love leveling and questing.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    You claim "nobody cares".
    I state that I do care.

Your statement is false, your argument invalid, your thread useless.

Questing through the levels is the best part of the game. I love leveling. I actually hate it when I hit level cap before I finish questing through all the zones. I like to get the complete experience of every quest series in the new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Wrong forum to bring up Blizzard criticism All of a sudden everyone loves leveling.
    I loved leveling in LotRO.
    I loved leveling in GW2.
    I loved leveling in WoW.
    I loved leveling in SWTOR.

Some of us enjoy the journey and watching our characters grow. /shrug
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

New account with few posts makes inflammatory generalization thread and then hasn't replied once?

We're not allowed to call out people for certain behavior, but I'm calling out certain behavior.

I used to love leveling. One of my more favorite parts of the game. And then Cataclysm happened, and it fucked leveling in the ass, shit all over it, ran it through a blender, and then pissed on it and flushed it down the toilet. Now, I cannot stand to level another character. 1-60 is a trainwreck, as is 80-85. 85-90 isn't too bad. I never thought I would ever hear myself say that I look forward to questing in Outland, just to be the hell out of this new shitty 1-60.

But to say that "nobody cares about leveling" is a bit conceited. 58-80 is now my favorite part of the game. I don't have high hopes for 90-100, but I don't think it could be as bad as 80-85 and the new 1-60.

just because gameplay comes before lore doesnt mean blizzard doesnt like lore. questing gives them an excuse to dish out a large chunk of lore and explore places of lore that just wouldnt fit within a raid or a dungeon.

also just because you dont like leveling doesnt mean other people dont. most people like to level up, its an obvious progression of character much more than getting a new piece of loot, leveling makes people feel good it makes them feel stronger and bigger.

its not like blizzard is asking people to level 1 to 60 vanilla style again. 10 levels after years of being 90 isnt bad its good, its refreshing and even if you dont like it you can rush through it if you really want to.

so stfu and just do dungeons
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I love leveling and questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    New account with few posts makes inflammatory generalization thread and then hasn't replied once?

We're not allowed to call out people for certain behavior, but I'm calling out certain behavior.
    I wonder what race/class combo he plays.

I assume he plays horde and like a class with bad posture and possibly fewer than five toes.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Can you support proof that "nobody cares for levelling".
    I agree with the OP, so their statement must be true and I'm pretty sure anyone else that says they like leveling is just a liar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    I agree with the OP, so their statement must be true and I'm pretty sure anyone else that says they like leveling is just a liar.
    No True Scotsman fallacy. If you want to discuss what little there is to actually discuss on this topic then it's best to not make heavily sweeping statements concerning other people.

Deleted
    Just love these people who believe their opinions on certain aspects of anything MUST be shared by the rest of humanity.

I love end game raiding etc, but quite frankly i get quite pissed off at the beginning of xpacs because so many guildies want everybody to level at the speed of light just to get into the raids asap. It makes the game a chore instead of a fun experience. I like the relaxed easygoing rhythm of levelling and at xpac start it's nice to take it easy and absorb the new environments at a leisurely pace before the REAL grind of progression raiding begins.

Leveling and questing is my favorite part of the game, actually.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's tough to directly compare leveling since it's so different from endgame content, so let's just leave it at: I like leveling very, very much. I feel more accomplished raiding, but I feel more engaged and entertained leveling. Endgame content keeps me playing, but leveling is why I play in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard made the mistake of only focusing their efforts on what "most people did" that turned out well
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.