Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Brightwing and Rehgar finished

Been busy lately so not too many updates!

Sonya, Tyrael, and Abathur done!

I made a post in the forums here for 3 different guides for Tassadar, Sonya, and Arthas, that my friends and I each made.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't forgotten about this. I've just been really busy with a lot of stuff (I moved too!). Since we're so close to the end of the alpha I'm holding off on updating anything until we see what the transition patch brings us. I'm still not totally sure which direction I should take this archive or if it's been useful on the scale I had hoped it would be. Big things are in the future for Heroes, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    I haven't forgotten about this. I've just been really busy with a lot of stuff (I moved too!). Since we're so close to the end of the alpha I'm holding off on updating anything until we see what the transition patch brings us. I'm still not totally sure which direction I should take this archive or if it's been useful on the scale I had hoped it would be. Big things are in the future for Heroes, that's for sure.
    Yeah, I have played each ehro over level 5, so if anyone has any questions I am glad to answer them, what builds are good and etc.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm unsure what to do with this thread. As the game has grown and evolved there are becoming less and less "wrong/trap" choices to pick and there are more and more different builds that can be quite successful. Ultimately there are other sites with better formats that can help people learn the proper playstyles and some cookie cutter setups for heroes that are new to them. I don't know if a guide archive is worth organizing and maintaining while dedicated HotS sites exist. While both fun and helpful to myself and others, I think this project has grown too large to be easily contained here.
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    The fact that he's chirping means he's a male, and he's chirping because he wants sexy times, which he's obviously not going to get.

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm unsure what to do with this thread. As the game has grown and evolved there are becoming less and less "wrong/trap" choices to pick and there are more and more different builds that can be quite successful. Ultimately there are other sites with better formats that can help people learn the proper playstyles and some cookie cutter setups for heroes that are new to them. I don't know if a guide archive is worth organizing and maintaining while dedicated HotS sites exist. While both fun and helpful to myself and others, I think this project has grown too large to be easily contained here.

Yous could transform it into a ask/advice thread. And maybe have a list of the guide build websites(and other helpful hots websties) at the beginning of it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

After a looooong Hiatus I'm making Guides again!

Newest one is Tyrande:

And I think that I forgot to add my Falstad Guide:

15+ Year Old Account
    Threw up a Rehgar Healing guide on Heroes Nexus a few weeks ago, updated today. Text guide detailing spell usage and what situations to take the non-mandatory talents.

http://www.heroesnexus.com/forums/he...ore-like-0-100
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    So the community has evolved around this game. When this thread was created there were no sites that had information about how to play the different heroes, now we have many thriving sites with more detail than this thread could have ever hoped to house. I believe I asked this before, but I'll ask it again; what should this thread be now, or should it even exist? A crash course introduction to the game for newbies? A 'help me with X hero' thread? A social thread for just chatting?

Gonna post my earlier Butcher + Abathur comp guide here.

Me and my friend have been playing an Abathur (me) + Butcher combo (my friend)...

It is utterly, utterly terrifying. So much so to the point that once the Butcher shows up at a team fight with me hatting him, our foes immediately retreated almost all the time.

What you want:

Butcher Talents: 1. Victals (for battlefield sustainability), 4. Cheap Shot, 7. Abattoir, 13. Crave Flesh, 16. Blood Frenzy, and 20. Nexus Blades (if you feel like you need escape go Bolt of the Storm).

Abathur Talents: 1. Pressurized Glands, 4. Adrenal Overload (Combined with 35 stacks of Blood Frenzy and Nexus Blades, allows for incredible basic attack DPS and can fully heal Butcher from critical levels to 100% when used during the Butcher's Brand heal window), 7. Needlespine (to get those who do escape and prevent them from mounting, also slight DPS boost), 13. Soma Transference (Combined with Pressurized glands allows for additional sustain, especially in close combat team fights at Tribute Spawns and Immortal fights), and 16. Envenomed Spines (to make Butcher's Cheap shot more powerful). Do not take Adrenaline Boost for escape; let Butcher take Bolt of the Storm for that as it is far more effective.

Ultimate abilities are up to you, though as Abathur you may want to take Ultimate Evolution plus Evolutionary Link to clone Butcher in case he needs serious backup or to chase down weaklings running from a teamfight while your buddy cleans up the main party.

How to Play:

Roaming build. Bushes are your friend! Get Butcher to max stacks ASAP, then immediately run into jungle and hide in bushes near lanes. Charge enemies (as Butcher) to initiate, then follow up with Hamstring to get Cheap Shot's double dmg bonus. Brand target and auto attack away. Your 30% movement speed plus your slow from Hamstring and Abathur's Spike Burst will mean that you should always be within melee range of the target, and unless they have a hard escape they will not get away. If Butcher needs health, just run into a lane start picking up blood. You should not have to withdraw from a fight (even during a 1v2 and sometimes a 1v3 ) unless your being completely focused down by the enemy team, as the immense basic attack DPS during Butcher's Brand and Abathur's Spike Burst healing should be more than enough. Use good judgement before engaging, and prepare to get a "Hero of the Storm!" voiceover from the announcer every match!

As for support, Tyrande and Uther are great because of their hard stuns. Note that Uther is melee so that can hinder movement during close quarters combat, but he makes up for it with an AOE stun ultimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Illidan... your glory days of being hatted are over. Butcher is his new favorite!

Deleted
    So the community has evolved around this game. When this thread was created there were no sites that had information about how to play the different heroes, now we have many thriving sites with more detail than this thread could have ever hoped to house. I believe I asked this before, but I'll ask it again; what should this thread be now, or should it even exist? A crash course introduction to the game for newbies? A 'help me with X hero' thread? A social thread for just chatting?
    I would say just continue to update your first post with all the guides that are posted here by the community . And make it a platform where people can request guides/certain builds for tipical situations.

Keep up the good work I would say

Here are some guides that I made with the more recent patches.

Nova maximum damage guide:

Nova sustained damage:

Valla auto attack damage:

10+ Year Old Account
    In the coming days I'll go through a purge all the defunct guides and restructure the OP. I've been busy lately working on getting myself set up for streaming and recording, so once I'm situated I should be able to produce a steady pace of content on my own, never fear though; any guide is welcome in the Hall of Storms.

Learn how to choose heroes in draft mode wisely, what to ask yourself before you choose a hero and how to contribute the most.

http://boostingfactory.com/heroes-of...pt-3-drafting/

Gazlowe guide with the latest patch (Jul 2015)
    Wreck-mode is on!

Gazlowe guide for pure team play.
    Done with the latest patch (aug 2015)

Hey Guys I am back making updated guide videos again. Here are my latest three.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a long break, I've updated the original post to reflect the newly submitted guides. I'm going to make an effort to be more on top of things from now on as well as (hopefully) start production of my own guides.

Special reminder to everyone who reads this post before the event... don't forget to tune into BlizzHeroes at 11 a.m. PST on the 9th of September where our very own TheBlinks (that's right, I'm claiming him as ours, despite his other affiliations) will be slugging it out with The Blues.