Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Heroic] Spoils of Pandaria - Tips/Tricks

Greetings, first off much appreciation for viewing the thread. I'm currently looking in desperation for some tips and tricks for various classes on this boss that may make it just that little bit easier to manage. Any abilities which specific classes should be speccing into? Is there any talents any specific classes can use for a monumental DPS gain? Specifically Windwalker monk if anybody has anything to say about them.

I'm finding it increasingly easier to believe my guild is doing something monumentally wrong, as we're all 580ish item level, and are constantly hitting the beserk on first rooms (despite popping heroism) any specifically two people are taking damage that is disproportunate to everyone else (I.E standing in stuff, or perhaps those specific classes are bad for spoils?) These are a Fire Mage and Frost DK.

I'll throw a link to our guild armory, however won't have any logs to show until Sunday. Which I will post back in to this thread, any help, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. In our armory, (linked below) our raiders are:

-Shadowmoses
    -Amaranthiné
    -Amáranthine
    -Undertaker
    -Kiaraen
    -Xaos
    -Nolaws
    -Imituid
    -Ineluke
    -Shocolate

I'm curious as whether any of the above can tinker talents, or glyphs to help aid a kill in this encounter (They've all logged out in the spec/glyphs that they use for this boss)

Cheers, Amaranthiné

eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/silvermoon/Eternal_Vision/

You are most likely wiping because your tanks are opening to slow (we have ranging times from 40 seconds left to barely making it depending on who is tanking aswell..)

Another huge tip that will help a lot : Mogu side opens bigs first (big+small, big+small, medium +small, medium + small , medium medium....) , while klaxxi does medium/small first (all medium +4 small) and then goes for the 2 bosses. On klaxxi you can easily do 2xmedium together, on mogu you avoid this because of double gollem.

NOBODY in your raid should pick aoe talents, always go for highest single target.
    Healers should always face themselves so that the blue wave hits all the mobs. Bigs should be tanked center to cleave on spawning orbs

The problem might be the speed in which you guys open the crates. At 580ilvl you can basically open at a much faster rate. For example, when my guild first killed spoils, we were probably ~568ilvl and we were finishing the first rooms with about 10-15 secs to spare. Now we just open like crazy and cleave which actually gives us like 1min+ to spare on berserk.

Its more easy if you list the class and spec of the raid team.

1 tank and 1 healer in each side. The secret its the tank need to keep a flow of boxes, the big box is at 20%? start to opening a med box, the med box is at 30%? open the next one. Assign one range dps to prioritize the spark, other ranged dps can help too with dots, tank the big boxs in the middle so the healers and dps can cleave the spark and the statues. Abuse the tank buff, open like a mad man if you have it (ask for cd in klaxxi side)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Its more easy if you list the class and spec of the raid team.

1 tank and 1 healer in each side. The secret its the tank need to keep a flow of boxes, the big box is at 20%? start to opening a med box, the med box is at 30%? open the next one. Assign one range dps to prioritize the spark, other ranged dps can help too with dots, tank the big boxs in the middle so the healers and dps can cleave the spark and the statues. Abuse the tank buff, open like a mad man if you have it (ask for cd in klaxxi side)

Klaxxi Side

Protection Warrior - Undertaker
    Elemental Shaman - Shocolate
    Windwalker Monk - (Myself) Amaranthiné
    Restoration Druid - Imituid
    Hunter Survival - Xaos

Mogu Side

Protection Paladin (OR) Blood DK - Nolaws or Axelía
    Discipline Priest - Amáranthine
    Frost DK - Kiaraen
    Shadow Priest - Shadowmóses
    Fire Mage - Ineluke

Is our current setup

Cheers,

Kieran

An easy way to plan 10H Spoils is to have your tanks open boxes and stick to a set timer on the countdown like so:

1) Each Tank Group runs into their room, opens and kills Pandas.
    2) At 240 seconds on the countdown:
    Tank A Group opens 2 mediums and 5 smalls at a pace that won't overwhelm them.
    Tank B Group opens 1 Large and tanks in middle of the room so everyone can cleave sparks.
    3) At 180 seconds on the countdown:
    Tank A Group opens 1 Large and tanks in middle of the room so everyone can cleave sparks.
    Tank B Group opens 2 mediums and 5 smalls at a pace that won't overwhelm them.
    4) At 120 seconds, repeat step 2)
    5) At 60 seconds, repeat step 3)

Good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chuachua View Post
    The problem might be the speed in which you guys open the crates. At 580ilvl you can basically open at a much faster rate. For example, when my guild first killed spoils, we were probably ~568ilvl and we were finishing the first rooms with about 10-15 secs to spare. Now we just open like crazy and cleave which actually gives us like 1min+ to spare on berserk.
    - Did you just have all your mobs stacked in the middle of the raid, and cleaved onto sparks?

Cheers!

Get your tanks to wear DPS cloaks, use DPS trinkets, and STR flasks. That is a lot of damage that can help a lot on this fight, especially since tank damage is low here.

Log fights. What advice do you actually expect if you don't link logs?

All we can do is give you the generic "open boxes faster" kind of rubbish without logs.

Swap sides with WW monk and frost dk then make Elemental and shadow swap sides (they both have spell haste so it's Okay)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovius View Post
    Get your tanks to wear DPS cloaks, use DPS trinkets, and STR flasks. That is a lot of damage that can help a lot on this fight, especially since tank damage is low here.
    Not recommended, that severally hurts their survivalbility and there is too much unavoidable damage going on for your healers to keep up sometimes during progression (especially when chain opening boxes in order to make enrage timer). If you ever have an attempt where a tank dies first then that's enough proof for you
    Last edited by Jacob Sweets; 2014-06-20 at 12:39 AM.

It's fine to wear a dps cloak as tank. Tank damage is trivial apart from the rage of the empress buff which should be dispelled / stun add / pop CD. Tanks sustain themselves very well on the fight. Raid damage can be high but tank damage taken should have little bearing on that.

Make sure your DK is glyphed into Dark Simulacrum, you can steal Residue on the Mantid side which makes healing a bit easier.

frost dk is GREAT for h spoils. it's probably your tanks just opening the boxes too slowly.

Without logs it is hard to say what is going wrong..

But make sure you always got two target to dps, big+small or two medium(unless it is the golems on mogu side), make sure to always open a new one before the old one dies. And as ppl said dps cloak on the tanks is a good dps increase on this fight.
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    I'll test a few things been thrown down here! and if still no joy I'll throw up some logs on our sundays run!

Greatly appreciated for the help so far guys!

Thanks!

Deleted
    The most efficient way I found is:

- Open panda box + 2 smalls next to it, then when the panda is ~midlife, do the same with the second one
    - Open the first big one
    - Open one medium, then open another when the first is ~midlife, and repeat till there no medium left
    - Open the last big guy

You never have to be in a situation with no box opened, so tell your tank to anticipate and find a proper opening rotation.

And as stated before, tanking near the middle on the room as much as possible is really really good, every cleave situation is nice to take. Do not hesitate to ask a range helping on triggering boxes. On 10 man, the healer buff is really important , they barely can solo every sparks with it so try to use it a lot.

Good luck !

get rid of that xuen get RJW and keep 2 clones constantly on that fight - this alone should fix your timer on klaxi side.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-06-20 at 11:07 AM.

always open panda boxes first. if its healer and tank ones.. u will have no trouble with sparks and you'll do great. if u get the WW monk, your healer might need some help downing sparks. as for box order,, we always do monks and then the big one first on klaxxi side, pop cds and whatever. then when hes at 20% or less start opening more.. loads more.. when adds are about to die its always time to open more. this helps out locks and people with executions that gain loads of dps from chaining.

when ur done first room on both sides we usually wait out the zerk timer till 10 sec left so peoples cds reset, and healers can regain mana. sparks will still spawn though so dps need to keep an eye on that. for 2nd side open monks again then a big one, pop hero right away and destroy that add. healers need to use cds on the Mogu side. well loads more. anyway. then just work on golems and other stuff. never open 2 golems at once.

During progression I actually felt it worse to open more than one box with the Large. We did Pandas then both Large. IMO having people needing to constantly focus on cleaving Sparks takes away the single target you want to nuke them big guys down faster. once the larges are out you can AoE more aggressively without fucking the opposite side. Its not as common of a strat though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    You are most likely wiping because your tanks are opening to slow (we have ranging times from 40 seconds left to barely making it depending on who is tanking aswell..)

Another huge tip that will help a lot : Mogu side opens bigs first (big+small, big+small, medium +small, medium + small , medium medium....) , while klaxxi does medium/small first (all medium +4 small) and then goes for the 2 bosses. On klaxxi you can easily do 2xmedium together, on mogu you avoid this because of double gollem.

NOBODY in your raid should pick aoe talents, always go for highest single target.
    Healers should always face themselves so that the blue wave hits all the mobs. Bigs should be tanked center to cleave on spawning orbs
    Your first part is 100% correct, its all about tanks and how efficient they are, nothing else matters.
    Your "huge tip" is actually quite bad and should be ignored... you never take 2 big in a row.

You wont have cd's for it and will make everything more difficult ontop of slowing down overall opening speed.

On both sides you do 2 mediums, if you get a gollem, stop, if you dont open more ?

During progress i did this: 2x green, 1 big+4 small (3min cd's)(2x2 smalls) 2x medium and always have 2 mediums up, clear them all. Finish last big.(3 min cd's)
    Hero the 2nd rooms first big. 3 min cd's + pots on last big.

Why should nobody pick aoe talents ? Its an aoe fight...If your tanks do it properly you'll have 2 adds + sparks.
    If the prot warrior takes dragon roar over bladestorm he's doing it wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-06-21 at 03:57 AM.