Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    While I like the game I really do have issues with the amount that the skins/champions cost. It's a bit hard to justify for me personally...

That said, they do give you the free skin tints (recolors) just by playing the champion a lot, which is fairly nice for some light customization. I think the champion prices are pretty good when it comes down to the gold costs (in game currency) but sometimes the real money option feels...just slightly too high. Murky, Abathur, and Nova to name a few all cost about 10 dollars each.
    I think that the prices are a bit too high myself. But as long as the champions can be obtained by playing I don't care too much. Cosmetics can be as high as they want this means only that the quality threshold to which the purchase will be worth it is higher, meaning one will buy less stuff.

I kinda "welcome" high prices for skins in a sense, if they were lower I would probably end up spending MUCH more that I would spend with higher prices
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-07-06 at 10:28 PM.

I'm enjoying the simplicity of it.

I played dota a few times and I always spent half the game sitting there looking at the item shop D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycakes View Post
    I'm enjoying the simplicity of it.

I played dota a few times and I always spent half the game sitting there looking at the item shop D:
    I enjoy this game MUCH more with a team, I was playing tonight with a full 5 man and it is amazing how much that changes the dynamic. With all of the different objectives and styles of play it really opens up a bunch of options. My personal favorite is where my friends destroy every jungle on the map and keep pressure on the objectives while I (as Sgt. Hammer) sneakily push my way to the core, and of course I'll rotate in behind the team in order to snipe the enemies at any crucial objectives. It's surprisingly effective considering how quickly I can react when I can stop worrying about what else is going on and just bombard the heck out of anything in my way.

I actually had 2 siege camps pushing with me earlier today and I was only playing with a single friend, he started mentioning how we could start to apply pressure in the top lane and grabbing some coins to bombard their forts. I told him to check out bottom lane as I had pushed from the first camp all the way to the core and was bombarding its shields down as he spoke. We won shortly after and he has never questioned it since when I pull out the Hammer.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2014-07-07 at 06:40 AM.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Tbh, all the fuss around skins and such obtainable only through real money is a turn down for me; i'm not saying the came is bad, i'm having fun and all, but i know that once i managed to farm my heroes (probably all of them) i'd lose the interest in the game once for all.

I like collectibles, and i'd really like a way to farm them in game. Though my point is biased and probably the idea is completely off. Since i can play the game perfectly even without the skins, it's good; though the proces are just too high in my opinion (if i manage to stay interested, it's very likely i'll spend some money on it; though the current amount of money for a purely cosmetic feature for me is simply not worth).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Tbh, all the fuss around skins and such obtainable only through real money is a turn down for me; i'm not saying the came is bad, i'm having fun and all, but i know that once i managed to farm my heroes (probably all of them) i'd lose the interest in the game once for all.

I like collectibles, and i'd really like a way to farm them in game. Though my point is biased and probably the idea is completely off. Since i can play the game perfectly even without the skins, it's good; though the proces are just too high in my opinion (if i manage to stay interested, it's very likely i'll spend some money on it; though the current amount of money for a purely cosmetic feature for me is simply not worth).
    They're going to continue releasing heroes, so farming them all with coins is going to take you quite a while.

Mounts don't seem to serve any good purpose aside from giving them something else to sell (or use in promotions, like in a Blizzcon goodie bag). Some of the prices seem kind of poor compared to the LoL alternatives. The skin department is absolutely terrible right now.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I think anything is worth the price if you truly want it.

The game is fun. As others have said, all characters can be bought with in game gold that you earn through quests and the XP system. That said, skins and mounts are only real money. I think the skins and mounts should be adjusted, especially the skins that don't change much. Arthas has two skins, one that is his paladin outfit, and the other is his default Lich King outfit with the helmet removed. Both are the same price. I think the removed helmet should be either way cheaper, or buyable with gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They're going to continue releasing heroes, so farming them all with coins is going to take you quite a while.
    It's the hope i have the more it keeps me entertained, the better

EDIT: i think a "meeting half the way" isn't that bad; as someone said, one or two skins that don't change the model much could be also avilable for gold. Obviously more detailed/changing skins should be real money only. Just to give more to everyone.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I don't care much about the heroes prices (with real money) as long as it's obtainable through golds (even if right now there aren't many options to earn some). But there is no reason why heroes goes from 3.99$ to 10$. I mean what's the reason behind it apart from being greedy ?

Also, I do find ridiculous the skins/mount prices. Some ARE seriously overpriced. Anything over 10 bucks in a F2P game feels too much.
    15 bucks for a skin is a slap in the face. Seriously, no new animations, no new spell effects, no new voices... WHAT ??
    I know at some point I'll spend those 15 bucks. But in order to to so I'll need to get a good value out it. Right now, there isn't, even with there crappy bundles.

The game is fun, I'm having a wonderful time. But their business model sucks big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    I don't care much about the heroes prices (with real money) as long as it's obtainable through golds (even if right now there aren't many options to earn some). But there is no reason why heroes goes from 3.99$ to 10$. I mean what's the reason behind it apart from being greedy ?

Also, I do find ridiculous the skins/mount prices. Some ARE seriously overpriced. Anything over 10 bucks in a F2P game feels too much.
    15 bucks for a skin is a slap in the face. Seriously, no new animations, no new spell effects, no new voices... WHAT ??
    I know at some point I'll spend those 15 bucks. But in order to to so I'll need to get a good value out it. Right now, there isn't, even with there crappy bundles.

The game is fun, I'm having a wonderful time. But their business model sucks big time.
    I very much agree with this, Candy King Muradin who just came out is FIFTEEN dollars...that is just ridiculous. Exactly who is buying a skin that costs 15 dollars? I'll spend about 8 on a skin in Smite but those come with full new audio packs, new animations, and overall they completely justify that cost. Candy King Muradin? Not a chance...
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”