Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    I'm glad to see people are getting the withdrawls, as for me I'm having the opposite issue. wow is just not doing it for me, gameplay wise. I am tired of MoP and no new content it's just...painful it's like after 5...6? years of a relationship just can't get the hype up to actually stay and be happy. oh well i'll be back and fully loyal when WoD comes till then might aswell try some of these free mmos, Tera looks interesting and I've always liked GW2 graphics.
    Have you tried GW2? It's so fun I don't play it no more but I enjoyed it so much when I played

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Been unsubbed since last september...now i'm getting the withdrawals to play again!

anyone else who's been unsubbed as long as i have been (or close to) starting to feel the same way again???!
    Rarely these days, but when it happens I remind myself of what WoW is in 2014 and then the urge goes away. You should try other MMO's, there's plenty to choose from these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I froze my account in February, and I have seven other games on my computer right now and I'm still getting the urge to play WoW again lately. Have been strongly considering resubbing but I can't really afford to right now...

Then this morning I find a "Return for 7 days" email in my inbox from Blizzard. It's like they knew! o.O

It's good until the 30th, I suspect I'll take advantage of it at some point in the next 10 days to see if it's worth returning before WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Snail23 View Post
    I never understood why a lot of people on here that haven't played the game in years still make posts and talk about the game.
    I never understood why you kind of people always come out to say shit like this. You're statement could apply to anything nostalgic, why do all those old guys gather and talk about war but never fight it?

OT: I had the craving, after a 14 month break. I recently re-upped my sub, and am having a blast leveling a new warlock. Haven't even touched my old 90s.

Been unsubbed for 6 or 7 months now, no incentive to come back since nothings changed and its just a videogame dude. There are others to spend your time playing y'know. I played wow since the beginning and i've had a lto of good times, but that doesnt mean i get the shakes like a drug addict when i think of the good times i used to have.

Go play dark souls or minecraft or something, a game is just a game and theres thousands to choose from. If the only thing thats changed in half a year is you and not the game? then why is the game suddenly worth your money if it wasnt a week ago?

Go to the steam sale, spend a few quid/bucks and find something you enjoy instead of wasting a months sub to find that the reason you stopped playing hasnt changed and you just blew money you could blow on another game you would get enjoyment out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    This proves my entire point, if helping a generic lesser quality game is needed to trim down your need for WoW then you are bored and just playing MMORPG's for the sake of time sinking rather then actually having fun.

If your addicted to games but have fun then by all means, if you are playing them just because you got nothing better to do I suggest you need to find a new hobby.
    Er... no. I get where you're coming from, but that's completely opposite to my point. You can have fun with multiple different games. I phrased my post in an accommodating way so that I didn't come off as a "WoW hater" because *shock* I think and mentioned that there are MMOs that are better then WoW while posting on MMO-C.

The OP seemed to be saying "I like WoW and feel like playing, but there's nothing to do until WoD hits because of the content draught". So I suggested playing other games in the genre, since they're just as good and he'll enjoy his time doing so. Then when WoD hits, he can play that too.

In a harsher tone, you could read my post as "get over it and try other games, they're better then WoW anyways, so stop drowning in your nostalgia".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Er... no. I get where you're coming from, but that's completely opposite to my point. You can have fun with multiple different games. I phrased my post in an accommodating way so that I didn't come off as a "WoW hater" because *shock* I think and mentioned that there are MMOs that are better then WoW while posting on MMO-C.

The OP seemed to be saying "I like WoW and feel like playing, but there's nothing to do until WoD hits because of the content draught". So I suggested playing other games in the genre, since they're just as good and he'll enjoy his time doing so. Then when WoD hits, he can play that too.

In a harsher tone, you could read my post as "get over it and try other games, they're better then WoW anyways, so stop drowning in your nostalgia".
    OP here, i understood what you were saying : ), i just don't feel like dropping money on another MMO when i know ill be going back to WoD when it comes out and with all the time invested in my characters, i don't feel like i want to invest again on another MMO.

I have the withdrawls as well. Withdrawls from new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been unsubbed since last september...now i'm getting the withdrawals to play again!

anyone else who's been unsubbed as long as i have been (or close to) starting to feel the same way again???!
    I've been unsubbed since last month, and barely wanted it. Before that, it took me 2-3 years before I wanted to play again.

Hopefully yall know there are other games out there.

Unsubbed at the begining of the new year because my computer broke, no way to contact my raid team for 2 weeks. SoO was getting really boring, and we were cruising through bosses.

I miss Wrath and Cata. Leveling and the ongoing lore from them was great. Zones like Howling Fjord and Grizly Hills, maybe Icecrown. And ALL the cata zones. Really enjoyed those. Didn't pick up MoP until late enough that I wanted to blast through content, I'd probably enjoy the MoP story as well. I'll probably enjoy the free week, then resub for the challenge mode gear before it goes away.

After being unsubbed from WoW for 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by tawoko View Post
    I never understood why you kind of people always come out to say shit like this. You're statement could apply to anything nostalgic, why do all those old guys gather and talk about war but never fight it?

OT: I had the craving, after a 14 month break. I recently re-upped my sub, and am having a blast leveling a new warlock. Haven't even touched my old 90s.
    If you're going to insult me based on nothing, at least learn the difference between you're and your.

Quote Originally Posted by prudhvirazz View Post
    Haven't played since Nov 2012. Waiting for WOD.

I didn't like MOP so I quit. WOD looks promising so I am itching to play. Simple. Why we still hang on to wow? We love the game even though we hate a lot of things in wow.
    Wat.

Deleted
    It always draws me back in. Be it a 1 month break or a 1 year break.

wow, i luf u

Deleted

actually no. Today is when I think I finally admitted I will never again play wow. I've had breaks, I've always planned to go back, but today, with midsummer and my annual rituals to the RNG gods ready to try to get the damm frostscythe on my shadowpriest....I just could not bring myself to resub. Sat there looking at the payment screen and had to alt-F4....oh well, many memories, just nothing really excites or interests me about WoD.