Deleted

Gemming and reforging kinda need some help :\

Well I've been told by my raid leader (who spoke to sparkuggz) that I'm reforged and gemmed wrong and I'm kinda at a loss of where to start, so can anyone give me like a swift kick in the A** to the right direction because I'm always wanting to improve (even tho I thought I was doing it right).

Much appreciated, not sure how to link my armoury but this might work.

just tried to post but I can't post links until I've posted a few times ¬__¬.

My character is : Hokusai , Twisting Nether , EU
    Last edited by mmoc383c75bc3d; 2014-06-20 at 05:38 PM.

I have no idea if ask mr robot is still considered valid for all the gem / forging stuff but from what it tells you are only slightly off.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...nether/hokusai

When you hit optimized that should be it. No idea if thats what your GM was using for reference or not.

Deleted
    thanks for your reply, I thought I was totally reforged and gemmed wrong I can deal with being slightly off. when hitting optimized tells me to gem for hit gems and expertise. Even though my raid leader made a point about being gemmed according to his talk with sparkz. i'll let him know and see what he says.

Thanks for helping out much appreciated.

Hello,

Looking at your gear hurts my eyes so much wow effect. Firstly lets address your stat set personally idk How you chose to pri your stats but for this example i will use the Hit 5100>Mastery>Haste 10,124>Int>Crit>Haste setup (This is simply a common setup, gear however you would like). First thing that jumps at me is the missed socket bonus in your shoulder 160 hit- 160 mast is the same thing as 160 exp - 160 mast so that's a huge blunder. It's one thing to be way over hit and not able to make the socket bonus without wasting 160 of a stat another to just pop w/e gem you have on hand in your gear. Also on a side note if you were gonna break the socket bonus it would be for 320 mast. The second is your use of JC gem its a 320 stat gain reguardless if you use 2 mast or 2 int and for 99.99999% warlock players 320int is stronger then 320mast. I strongly suggest you hit up one of my most used reforge sites w w w.Askmrrobot.com and follow the really simple prompts. Default guide should work for now till you get more savy with the site and simcrafting/theorycrafting. Overall it really looks to me your not doing your research everything i listed here could be found in any of the sticky spec guides. Set a hour or so aside and research your class judging by your gear it will do wonders to your dps. Knowledge is Power!

Dutch
    Last edited by Dutchlock; 2014-06-20 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for your reply i'll change the socket bonus on the shoulders sorry that was a rookie mistake on my part.
    As for stats I go hit>mastery and balance haste/crit give or take.
    Thanks for your wisdom taken on board

You are skipping Int socket bonuses on those blue sockets for Int/Mastery gems then reforging into hit, instead of using hit/mastery gems and getting that free socket bonus.

Using Exp/Mastery gems will give you more secondaries to work with by being able to reforge hit on items to a stat you want, but the overall gain vs an int/mastery gem is not huge.

Mastery > Crit > Haste, Mastery > Haste > Crit, and Mastery > Crit = Haste are are roughly equal.

IMO Mastery > Haste > Crit works best for offspecs and both Aff and Demo make better use of Haste than they do Crit.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2014-06-20 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    IMO Mastery > Haste > Crit works best for offspecs and both Aff and Demo make better use of Haste than they do Crit.
    Pretty much this. And haste beats crit on multi target fights.

Haste will generally beat crit 100% of the time in my experience as destro even on single target I've noticed haste performing much better.

Pretty much what they are saying up top with the shoulders is true, also JC gems should be used with the intel versions because the JC gems aren't double with secondaries only like 1.5x where as intel ones are 2x. You are missing a socket bonus on your weapon which is kinda pointless to be honest especially since you are using a red(question mark?) instead of a yellow I'd use a green here, you are reforging INTO hit despite having gems with intel mastery over expertise mastery. I have an extremely high single target sim with haste over crit completely so no point in balancing crit and haste imo since haste will win out over crit multi target and apparently with single target too now.

Also there is no realistic haste cap to go for as destro don't even worry about it a simple reforgelite set up will do just fine I usually set my hit cap to 5050 or 5075 instead of 5100 because if you set it to 5100 it will usually go over 15% by a large margin rather than stopping at like 14.96% it'll waste stats forcing that hit cap.

Askmrrobot is a perfectly fine site to use assuming you manually set the stat weights don't just follow the default set ups at all, Sparkuggz.com is an excellent site for all things warlock including a nice video involving askmrrobot.
    Last edited by Durantye; 2014-06-20 at 10:58 PM.