Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Free week of WoW?

I haven't been subbed to WoW for a while, but I just got an email saying that I could get a free week of WoW to try out the new Gaze of the Black Prince buff.

"<My name>,

To become a legendary hero, one must first obtain a truly legendary cloak. Return free today with 7 days of game time, and the Black Prince will help you on your quest to earn yours. For a limited time, the Gaze of the Black Prince buff will give you a 100% increase to Black Prince reputation and increase the legendary quest item drop rate. Click here to learn more.

Claim your game time to earn your place alongside the legendary heroes of Warcraft! Simply click the button below—or just log in to Battle.net®, select your game account <Account name>, and click Referrals & Rewards > Free Game Time.

Hurry, this offer expires June 30, 2014!"

Did anyone else get this? Why is Blizz doing this? The only other time I can recall where I was given a free week of WoW time was with the launch of SoO. Also, does this mean I'll be able to use it on June 29th and still get a free week? What do you guys think?

Edit: There is also a pic of the box art for the expansion in the email. Not sure if it's been shown around before, but it is of Grom screaming/posing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    screenshot this mail pls

btw. My friend account is frozen since half a year, but He didn't get this email for free 7 days. (EU)

Assuming it's a code and not a link, try it out! Could be legit.

If it's a link (or in this case, a button) and you're stupid enough to click it, enjoy having your account stolen.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I received the same email today

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Assuming it's a code and not a link, try it out! Could be legit.

If it's a link (or in this case, a button) and you're stupid enough to click it, enjoy having your account stolen.
    It seems like it also has an option just to go and log in on Battle.net and go to Referrals and Rewards.

"or just log in to Battle.net®, select your game account <Account name>, and click Referrals & Rewards > Free Game Time. "

Do that one I'd say OP, the worst that could happen is nothing is there under Referrals & Rewards.

Unless Battle.net was hacked, in which that case we're all doomed anyway!

Deleted
    yeah its true, if you account is frozen there is an option here:

Last edited by mmoccb9aab8f31; 2014-06-20 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I also got the email this morning. Been frozen since end of February.

Quote Originally Posted by nydas3k View Post
    screenshot this mail pls

btw. My friend account is frozen since half a year, but He didn't get this email for free 7 days. (EU)
    Maybe he isn't subscribed to get newsletters/offers from Blizz? Also, it links to us.battle.net. So I'm sure it is legit.

So why is Blizzard doing these free week of WoW offers?
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    Maybe he isn't subscribed to get newsletters/offers from Blizz? Also, it links to us.battle.net. So I'm sure it is legit.

To get people to play again isn't that obvious?

Because they want to try bring people back to game probably? Give people a free week and atleast some of them will probably resub.

10+ Year Old Account
    With this raid patch dragging on as long as it has, and no word of a closed beta/open beta/launch date yet, I'm very sure that WoW has lost a lot of subscribers for the time being (at least until WoD launches). If you read forums you know a lot of people are currently unsubbed and waiting, planning to resub when the expansion launches.

This happens at the end of every expansion, I'm pretty sure.

They figure if they can get people to come play again for a week, maybe they will enjoy it and will resub before the expansion.

But they did this twice...during the same patch period. 1st right at the beginning of SoO, and 2nd right now (still SoO).

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    To get people to play again isn't that obvious?
    Yep, get people wanting to get that cloak that will get them to sub for months.

Deleted

doesnt work atm :<

(EU)
    Last edited by mmoccb9aab8f31; 2014-06-20 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nydas3k View Post

doesnt work atm :<

(EU)
    Probably gonna take a bit to get to EU, usually with things like this don't they also post a blue post about it, so people know it's 100% legit? Might need to wait til then.

I got nothing in mail but then again i got account frozen for like 4 months. How long do you need to be unsubscribed to be eligible for 7 free days anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I got nothing in mail but then again i got account frozen for like 4 months. How long do you need to be unsubscribed to be eligible for 7 free days anyway ?
    I have no idea. Check under referrals and rewards. Maybe all frozen accounts are eligible, but only those who are subbed to the newsletter get the info.

Is it really only 7 days? The previous ones have given 10 days. I might be able to create a sky golem if it were 10.

I have no idea. Check under referrals and rewards. Maybe all frozen accounts are eligible, but only those who are subbed to the newsletter get the info.
    My account is frozen for like ~3months and I didn't get it T_T. So yea, nothing on my email or on referrals and rewards.

Says i can have 7 free days but i get 404 error when i try.
    Do you hear the voices too?