Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Garrosh Pet Bug.

ok so tonight when killing garrosh my pet didnt want to attack him.
    never had the problem before as i have a /petattack in my kill command macro but for some reason today it didnt work

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

QQ

7+ Year Old Account
    Happens to most classes with pets... Something that should be fixed that hasn't unfortunately.

Your pet cast Bite 165 times, hit 8 times. lol

Why is this a thing? Sorry about the bad luck :/

This happens to me coming back from transitions. I have /petattack macroed into almost everything, but sometimes the pet just stands at my side until I manually click the petattack button on the pet bar. Which is stupid as hell.

But as long as you look out for it, I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    this happens to me on thok when he's fixating people, and this past week it happened on paragons. 8/10 times its fixed with petattack but sometimes it doesnt.

i run a hyena for AS most the time with this group, the sound he makes when hes 'stuck' is very annoying and usually tells me to hit a petattack. probably should just macro it to something!

Yeah I notice it for both myself and the demo warlock in my group. Sometimes during our many H10s and H25s attempts, I'll mention it over vent (Yes we use vent. . . we're switching to mumble in WoD) that the pet isn't doing anything. I don't use pet attack macro, but I have pet attack keybound to my mouse because it is sort of important and proves to be less buggy this way.
    Rankings are hard to do when people don't do their jobs right. :S

I've had it happen a few times going into P3. I'll run to the stack and my pet will be just sitting there next to me.

I need what Azor has where it yells at you HEY YOUR PET ISN'T DOING SHIT MAKE IT DO SHIT

I have this macroed into every shot and havent had a problem.

Code:
    /petattack [@pettarget,noexists]
    I raid with 2 other hunters who did not have this in there and their pets would always just sit there coming out of a realm phase. Once they put that in their shots, its no longer a problem.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for lone wolf talent, won't need to worry about a pet anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    I have this macroed into every shot and havent had a problem.

Code:
    I raid with 2 other hunters who did not have this in there and their pets would always just sit there coming out of a realm phase. Once they put that in their shots, its no longer a problem.
    ^^^^^

I have that in every shot too (also wise to have a manual petattack macro keybinded separately, and a call pet macro.) My pet never bugs with this macro.

Oh one other thing. Might be best to have just a simple /petattack macro in your multi-shot as BM though, for optimal Beast Cleave placement.

My "Pet Not Attacking" WeakAura will inform you of its Basic Attack not being used.

It's in the F.A.Q thread.

Deleted
    So I have Azor's "PET NOT ATTACKING" Weak aura but thats just information

regarding the pet not actually attacking,
    I manually clicked from spellbook, put pet on passive, assist, attack and none of them worked,
    It would basically kill command and run back to me.

pls fix bliz

Do you have /petpassive in some other shot?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I had the same issue when I was running my pets on "assist" in survival. For me it always worked just hitting my /petattack button. However I am running the
    Code:
    macro on all my spells.

Since I introduced that I have never had an issue on Garrosh, or any other fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Nope, double checked.

what makes it weird is that when I drop down from the second interphase, its almost for a specific amount of time that it doesnt do anything, I'd have to check the logs to be sure but it seems like everytime it was for x seconds then it started attacking again.

EDIT: not sure if this is any use, but I changed what pet I used multiple times and still the same issue.

atleast we killed it!
    no mount for me
    Last edited by mmoc8468997bef; 2014-06-23 at 10:59 AM.

I main a hunter in my, by no means very-progressed, 10m guild runs. In varying alt runs, I have noticed a few guildies' pets going super passive mode after intermissions on Garrosh and let them know; they say that they have trouble getting the pet to attack with just /petattack but I've found that spamming passive until the pet noticably heels to your side and only after then petattack seems to fix the problem.

I've been playing SV a lot more recently (yey engis) and therefore keep the pet on passive so it always attacks Mr Gary. On a number of occasions, I've most likely forgotten to put my pet on passive (and subsequently also forgotten to hit my petattack bind) after intermissions, so that, upon exiting said phases, my pet as derped by my side instead of doing what it should do..

I'm going to presume that it's an issue with pathing, whereby the pet AI might still be trying to attack the phased Garrosh. I could, of course and as always, be wrong!

Damn, never even heard of this bug. Has it been around all throughout this tier?

Personally I've had no issues on garrosh or any other boss with pet on passive and manually controlling it with the default attack/follow/stay/move-to commands.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

It happened during my first kill back in March. Whether it was happening before that, who knows. I guess I need to update all my /petattacks with these fucking arguments.

Every time you come out of a transition your pet will not be attacking garrosh and you will need a /petattack to get it to continue.