Poll: keep it or change it?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Just like the incarnation talent tier for druids...blizzard didnt force druids to take awesome.looking forms but they forced us to take ugly abomination of elements form.. Even worse thay give it to us as our ultimate cd so in our moment of fame we are in elemental abomination form

...which is why people are asking for a glyph, instead of wrecking 1/3 of the class sticking it into a talent slot. For dps the most appropriate slot would likely be PE (as it seems few like it anyway QQ), but that would be 'broken' for healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    So what you're saying is resto should lose ascendance completely because you want it to be a talent..? If they got a generic damage increase talent of some form that barely / didn't increase their healing - you'd then have to compensate them elsewhere (and with only Healing tide as a CD really you're gutting them)
    What if they gave him some fun talent that is useful..just like the druid tier: tree form / treants / something
    For resto the tier would be ascendance / wolfs that a lot of dmg and heal for the dmg done / once a 20s greater healing wave, free and instant +50% stronger
    Last edited by mmocc5ad9d95d9; 2014-07-07 at 12:13 PM.

Deleted
    It's indeed really silly to see your panda/goblin etc. transform into a human like form. I would like them to make it look more like what they did with wizard's Archon ability from Diablo 3, where you can see your character's outline bursting with energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    ...Blizzard clearly believe that they have significant enough differences to make it acceptable...
    The same kind of believe that our totem talent is fine, because people use it.

...The patient would still be treated the same way, regardless of how they got there, just as we both end up in essentially the same form, regardless of how we got there.
    The "patient" in both cases is dead. It's about punishment.

In regards to the source of the original model skeleton, I totally agree it wasn't made originally for us, but then I contest that we probably wouldn't have gotten the ability at all if the Ascendant wasn't already in the game.
    Likely. But as the model was obviously not made with shamans using it in mind, it is just normal that it wouldn't fit us to a toe.
    99% of models are used in multiple different places, and Ascendance is certainly not high enough in importance that it would warrant an entire new skin.
    Well, this is where arbitrariness comes in. What warrants a new skin or spell effect, and what not? Lava Lash is a single ability used by a single spec, yet it has it's own animation and spell effect. Or the druid talent that gives a form additional armor. All that work put in, just for a single talent.
    Looking at how central Ascendence has become, I would dare claim it deserves more than this, looking at how other abilities are treated. And I think giving a completely new skin, on the same skeleton, isn't that difficult when compared to new skeletons/spell effects.

From a Lore PoV, after giving it to the original Ascendant's, they clearly believe that the changes they made too it, however slight, are enough to distinguish between the two.
    Again, "believe"? Blizz "believed" gnome or tauren priests to make sense. At the end of the day, it is their lore, and they can twist it however they want. Doesn't mean I have to bend over and receive it, or swallow the bitter pill they are presenting me. And yes, they made very slight changes to it, to adress the most glaring issues. It comes down to wether or not you want to believe in such lore-twisters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Strukot View Post
    What if they gave him some fun talent that is useful..just like the druid tier: tree form / treants / something
    For resto the tier would be ascendance / wolfs that a lot of dmg and heal for the dmg done / once a 20s greater healing wave, free and instant +50% stronger
    wolves would have to do comparable healing (to the raid) to ever be taken, and then it would almost always be taken for the dps increase gained at the same time.

That's ignoring that right after explained how bad it is to be calling for specs to lose important spells you say enhance has to choose between ascendance/wolves.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

wolves would have to do comparable healing (to the raid) to ever be taken, and then it would almost always be taken for the dps increase gained at the same time.

That's ignoring that right after explained how bad it is to be calling for specs to lose important spells you say enhance has to choose between ascendance/wolves.
    I think it's fine to pick between ascendence and wolves honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think it's fine to pick between ascendence and wolves honestly.
    enhancement mechanics are near/complete for WoD (front page). Both ascendance and wolves are significant cooldowns in WoD (or meant to be), removing either is a massive playstyle change for what is currently one of the most cd reliant specs ingame, likely continuing into WoD.

It was bad enough when they made wolves near useless for damage, anyway. The reason they are buffing them is because they've become iconic to enhancement and they want them to be seen as useful rather than just a self heal with minor damage attached. They aren't going to suddenly take them away.

enhancement mechanics are near/complete for WoD (front page). Both ascendance and wolves are significant cooldowns in WoD (or meant to be), removing either is a massive playstyle change for what is currently one of the most cd reliant specs ingame, likely continuing into WoD.

It was bad enough when they made wolves near useless for damage, anyway. The reason they are buffing them is because they've become iconic to enhancement and they want them to be seen as useful rather than just a self heal with minor damage attached. They aren't going to suddenly take them away.
    Yeah I guess you're right. Wolves are very iconic for Enhancement and not sure if they would feel right for Resto and Elemental. I still don't think Ascendence is required for Enhance though. If they make that a talent and throw it against a passive that would equal out to similar damage I would take that in a heartbeat.

Ascendance can go, but then you face the resto re-design issues involved with putting it on a tier below 100

Cosmetically I think it needs to have some variation, male vs. female, race traits etc. A giant molten hooded bull floating in the air or a fiery bearded dwarf would be pretty legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khroak n Mefisto View Post
    Cosmetically I think it needs to have some variation, male vs. female, race traits etc. A giant molten hooded bull floating in the air or a fiery bearded dwarf would be pretty legit.
    The point of the ability is you are giving up your physical form. You give up your gender or your race when you transform, because you are not in your mortal form anymore. You are a 'being of raw elemental energy'. There is no difference between a Tauren who transcends and a Dwarf, even if their original mortal forms could not be any more different.

Deleted
    The point of the ability is you are giving up your physical form. You give up your gender or your race when you transform, because you are not in your mortal form anymore. You are a 'being of raw elemental energy'. There is no difference between a Tauren who transcends and a Dwarf, even if their original mortal forms could not be any more different.
    so why are we forced to this spell? I dont want to give up my shaman...
    btw I main enhancement and I would give up ascendance for the true enhance (my shaman is no hunter, he shouldnt have range attack) feel any time!
    and btw the Farseer from W3 is what shaman came from and he is elemental WITH wolves! And dont forget that mostly range classes have pets, so its more of a range concept then melee
    Last edited by mmocc5ad9d95d9; 2014-07-08 at 08:53 PM.

I rather see Ascendance as a talent and see them give us something different to compensate.. I can't see any use for it in PvP tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strukot View Post
    so why are we forced to this spell? I dont want to give up my shaman...
    btw I main enhancement and I would give up ascendance for the true enhance (my shaman is no hunter, he shouldnt have range attack) feel any time!
    and btw the Farseer from W3 is what shaman came from and he is elemental WITH wolves! And dont forget that mostly range classes have pets, so its more of a range concept then melee
    Shaman are a unique spec in that (minus Druids who can do all rolls) we are the only spec in the whole game with both a melee spec and a ranged spec. That is why Enhance has so much ranged capabilities.

If you're giving up an earthly form, make the Ascendant more ethereal. The model is cool don't get me wrong, just a bit out of place. Think the Consortium mixed with Tier 2 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even so, it's a bit more "humanoid" than it should be for a form we take where we give up our physical attributes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Even so, it's a bit more "humanoid" than it should be for a form we take where we give up our physical attributes.
    This I agree with. I'm not entirely sure why it is humanoid at all, but I guess a floating ball of fire wouldn't have been as cool to animate? Or maybe because we keep our minds we manifest as a being who is still humanoid in stature to some degree? Eh, not sure on that one.

Let us turn into a full size al'akir / ragnaros / neptulon kkthxbai

updated old ragnaros not bunny ear ragnaros.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I absolutely, 100% agree.