Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    "Here, fight a load of adds while the boss is immune/unreachable."

Followed by anything that makes you have to control a "vehicle".
    This. A thousand times this. There's a reason why I refer to the Galakras encounter as "waves of annoying trash." Galakras herself is hardly even there until the very, very end.

10+ Year Old Account
    linking with someone. and with my luck im linked with the person that happens to be partying in jamaica....

Mechanics there a individual fuck up wipes the raid bothers me. Make it 3 people and if 2 out of 3 people clear the mechanic then youre okay, so there is some wiggle room D:
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I also hate vehicle/ transformation fights. I don't want to worry about playing as a stupid bug or how to drive a tank, it's dumb. I want to play as my character. It's also frustrating because new players to the fight who perform fine on their toon need to relearn these abilities and it holds everyone back.

Any boss where you only fight the actual boss for the last 20% of the fight and the rest is just trash...*cough* Galakras.. *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    I also hate vehicle/ transformation fights. I don't want to worry about playing as a stupid bug or how to drive a tank, it's dumb. I want to play as my character. It's also frustrating because new players to the fight who perform fine on their toon need to relearn these abilities and it holds everyone back.
    Same can be said about belts of Siegecrafter. In every pug group the question asked is always "alright, who's doing belts?", usually followed by silence, and then followed by people saying that the hunters should do it, which in turn may be met with a reply of "oh sorry, never done it before". The fact that there are one or two classes that perform that specific task exceptionally well essentially forces players of those class to learn that part of the fight, a part that no one else has to know. Truth be told, I've never done belts (I play a Fury Warrior), and I would hate it if someone forced me into a very specific role in a fight simply because of my class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranial View Post
    The most horrible mechanic for me as a DK tank is definitely HM Immersius.
    Fuck whoever thought of the stacking debuff.
    What? Pressing AMS is hard, amirite? No idea what youre talking about ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    The healing shields - Tortos HC and Malkorok

I really want to kill that guy who thought spamming heals around is fun for healer
    So true I'd at least like something to think about instead of buttonmashing

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vehicles closely followed by Interrupt/Immune phases.
    Amber Shaper Un'sok for Example 01.
    Lei Shi/Immerseus for Example 02. Jeez
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Mechanics that can be cheesed through immunities/dispersion. If a boss does a ton of damaged but it's shared people should need to stack up, instead of always having a rogue/mage/spriest solo it. The same with immunities that just make a class able to ignore a mechanic. Al'akir was stupid. We had one group of resetters and one that had to be spam healed.

Deleted
    Bonestorm!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate mechanics where if one person screws up, the entire raid is either instantly dead or might as well be dead because its a wipe. I'm looking at you Malkorok and Jin'rok.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    There are many different types of color blindness. And it's true that some types will make things that appear similar to people with normal vision highly contrasted.
    Yes, but when people go "I can tell the difference and I am color blind, therefor they are bad!" ... are either lying or have no clue what they are talking about. They may not be able to distinguish some colors, but just because they have no problem doesn't mean people who can't are bad. Someone with such a condition, I would hope would at least understand that. They see the world differently than normal sighted people, they literally can not make that statement and be honest about it if they understand anything about their condition. In fact, anyone can see how color blind people see, it always changes how they see color ... unless they completely color blind (black and white world) ... they will see colors differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile1123 View Post
    Any boss where you only fight the actual boss for the last 20% of the fight and the rest is just trash...*cough* Galakras.. *cough*
    This

Also any mechanics where on person can fuck up and wipe the raid. Defile >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with the "one person can wipe the raid" thing if its a mechanic that the rest of the raid has to do, too. Malkorok, for example, is one of my favorite fights. One person can screw it up, but everyone has the same task, and its a very simple one at that. Puddles/smash/breath of Y'shaarj is a good way to see who's dumb and who's not. However, if it's a very specific task that's placed solely in the hands of one or two people (i.e. Magmaw chains, Siegecrafter belts, vehicle fights), then that's when I have a problem with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verrai View Post
    This

Also any mechanics where on person can fuck up and wipe the raid. Defile >.>
    I like that though. In a raid, you should be confident that, no matter who a mechanic targets, they can deal with it.

I hate to read all those buttons or just learning what the vehicles are for in general.

anything that relies on healers/dispellers to be clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    I like that though. In a raid, you should be confident that, no matter who a mechanic targets, they can deal with it.
    Sometimes you just have players that are not...... smart I guess at handling the certain mechanic. It gets a bit frustrating when it lands or falls on that one person and they screw up almost all the time =/

The ones I hate most are the ones I want more of...

Single individual ability to wipe a raid...a la Flame Wreath on Shade of Aran in Kara

Love and hate that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal most hated mechanic? Mounted combat a la Malygos. I can't figure up from down, left from right and
    I was always, ALWAYS, the first to die. I outright stopped doing that raid when it was current b/c of those damn drakes.
    Even if he was the stupid raid weekly quest I would not go. I still won't go even to farm for the mount LOL. Hate.