Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Are hybrids "DD/Healers" equal in terms of healing ?

Was playing a few games with my monk, and we met a Moonkin team, at the end of the game, I was amazed by the amount of healing done, more than damage. I'm not sure I could do as well with my Ret spec.

This generic question came to my mind : are hybrids equal in terms of pure " healing " ?
    Are some more or less penalized regarding their damage output if they offheal ?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and experiences

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would'nt say the're equal. but in general with cooldowns its pretty ridiclous atm.

heart boomking healing, ele shaman healing surges, monks healing spheres, rets flash of light. All instant, and all high in healing.
    LSD / LSD 2.0 is a prime example.

in 2s while not balanced at all. some top tier comps are made from hybrid healer / dps. such as boomkin / sub rogue, boomkin / affi lock, WW monk / Hpriest.

I havent really looked at the ability pruning for hybrid healers and won't until towards the end of the beta.

Instant shaman healing surges, that's a new one for me.

boomkin healing is straight up imbalanced. its not to say that you cant beat them, but they shouldnt do the same amount of healing as an actual healer. healers have better on demand throughput to deal with burst but if u run a slow comp in terms of dmg then a boomkin can handle it and its just broken imo

10+ Year Old Account
    All hybrids have healing and utility in different forms, but I'd say in the end it's about the same.

Boomkins have stupid healing all together with Cenarian Ward, Rejuvenations and Healing of Touch during HotW and outside of HotW.
    Rets have stupid instant healing with the slightest strength increases and have a ton of utility outside of heals.
    Shamans have strong sustained healing with healing stream as well as decent utility and semi strong healing surges (pretty strong instant healing surges for enha shamans but weaker healing streams).
    Priests have strong sustained healing and support through flash heals, pw:s and PoM as well as Life Grip (not that huge) and feathers if used at all.
    WW Monks off-healing is more difficult but it's still stupid during TeB brews and chi wave can still heal for quite a bit throughout a game.

If healing was affected by how strong the hybrid's damage was then shamans and druids wouldn't be healing for so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike ret or enhace, boomkins are essentially wearing healer gear (plus they're actual skill set is really good for a non healer spec)

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    All hybrids have healing and utility in different forms, but I'd say in the end it's about the same.

Boomkins have stupid healing all together with Cenarian Ward, Rejuvenations and Healing of Touch during HotW and outside of HotW.
    Rets have stupid instant healing with the slightest strength increases and have a ton of utility outside of heals.
    Shamans have strong sustained healing with healing stream as well as decent utility and semi strong healing surges (pretty strong instant healing surges for enha shamans but weaker healing streams).
    Priests have strong sustained healing and support through flash heals, pw:s and PoM as well as Life Grip (not that huge) and feathers if used at all.
    WW Monks off-healing is more difficult but it's still stupid during TeB brews and chi wave can still heal for quite a bit throughout a game.

If healing was affected by how strong the hybrid's damage was then shamans and druids wouldn't be healing for so much.
    You missed Ferals but yeah, i'll agree with most of what you said.

In a 45 second game where a Boomkin is being left alone? He'll come out far ahead because of his limitless mana pool and Heart of the Wild. Over a 2-6 minute game Ferals, Shamans and WWs will probably be higher depending on the talents. Rets and Priests bring more utility than straight up healing numbers but still do a fair amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Instant shaman healing surges, that's a new one for me.
    I supose its high time you try enhance then.

HoTW intentionally allows DPS druids to briefly heal as well as a full healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    It's never time to try Enh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance - Completely absurd, nobody should heal for this amount, not even a hybrid. It feels like you're fighting against a Balance Druid and a Restoration Druid at the same time.

Feral - Not noticeable in 3's, but in 2's they're able to survive through almost anything with their utility and healing. Can 2v1 in most cases.

Elemental - Healing Tide Totem contributes a lot, but there really isn't too much wrong with their off-heals. They have to deal damage for their heals to be useful i.e active damage healing.

Enhancement - Not very noticeable.

Shadow - Were hit by the nerf bat sometime in 5.2/5.3 and haven't recovered since. I think their heals are a little under par but a lot of people are able to make it work somehow. Might be balanced, might not be.

Windwalker - See Feral.

Retribution - See Enhancement.

With that being said, outside of a 2's environment (which shouldn't be regarded as "balanced" anyway), Balance is the only real problem when it comes to strong healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Granted mistweavers can pull out a lot of dps.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Because it's something you can spam and is constant. Clearcasting healing surge > Maelstrom by miles. The healing enhancement does is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's never time to try Enh.
    They are slightly better then retribution though

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Balance - Completely absurd, nobody should heal for this amount, not even a hybrid. It feels like you're fighting against a Balance Druid and a Restoration Druid at the same time.
    That was my impression, even if 2vs2 isn't the standard, it exists. In a 1 healer + 1 DPS vs 1 Moonkin + 1 DPS, we had a hard time, as we could not really burst the Moonkin, who, at the end, had done as much healing as damage (and still honest damage). Couldn't do that as Retribution I think.

Only druids have broken heals (moonkin especially). Other hybrids aren't too bad and ret heals are probably crappier than pure dps
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    You missed Ferals but yeah, i'll agree with most of what you said.

In a 45 second game where a Boomkin is being left alone? He'll come out far ahead because of his limitless mana pool and Heart of the Wild. Over a 2-6 minute game Ferals, Shamans and WWs will probably be higher depending on the talents. Rets and Priests bring more utility than straight up healing numbers but still do a fair amount.
    Idd and I want to talk more about the bolded out part.

I really wish blizzard would make mana an issue for hybrids that use mana as a resource. Or the least boomkins and shamans. I do believe spriests do go oom eventually as well as ferals and enha shamans unless they're actively fighting and I find that boomkins and ele shamans do not care enough about mana.

All healing abilities should just have their mana cost increased for caster hybrids :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Idd and I want to talk more about the bolded out part.

I really wish blizzard would make mana an issue for hybrids that use mana as a resource. Or the least boomkins and shamans. I do believe spriests do go oom eventually as well as ferals and enha shamans unless they're actively fighting and I find that boomkins and ele shamans do not care enough about mana.

All healing abilities should just have their mana cost increased for caster hybrids :/
    Ele sham does care about mana by the way, it's just that clearcastweaving makes it a tad too strong for little to no mana. Healing surge without clearcasting is too mana consuming for too little healing for the mana cost.

Totems on the other hand are strong, espescially healing tide. They are getting reworked for WoD so it should be fine.
    Last edited by Shisui-kun; 2014-06-24 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post

Feral - Not noticeable in 3's, but in 2's they're able to survive through almost anything with their utility and healing. Can 2v1 in most cases.

Elemental - Healing Tide Totem contributes a lot, but there really isn't too much wrong with their off-heals. They have to deal damage for their heals to be useful i.e active damage healing.

Enhancement - Not very noticeable.

Shadow - Were hit by the nerf bat sometime in 5.2/5.3 and haven't recovered since. I think their heals are a little under par but a lot of people are able to make it work somehow. Might be balanced, might not be.

Windwalker - See Feral.

Retribution - See Enhancement.

With that being said, outside of a 2's environment (which shouldn't be regarded as "balanced" anyway), Balance is the only real problem when it comes to strong healing.
    Sums up my experience too. It's mostly just Boomkins that are a problem atm. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    They are slightly better then retribution though
    I can never get enough of watching enhance literally global lowbies with ascendance xD

The length of a match has a huge effect on how effective boomkin healing is along with the play style. Most the 2's games I play are pretty short so HoTW is up for a large percentage of the game. Classes are balanced over all of their toolkits so if there was a nerf to HoTW there would need to be a buff for them elsewhere.

For how amazing people seem to say boomkins are why do you not see more of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    The length of a match has a huge effect on how effective boomkin healing is along with the play style. Most the 2's games I play are pretty short so HoTW is up for a large percentage of the game. Classes are balanced over all of their toolkits so if there was a nerf to HoTW there would need to be a buff for them elsewhere.

For how amazing people seem to say boomkins are why do you not see more of them?
    I've seen enough of them in 2v2. You seem to forget that at higher ratings people are starting to know how to kite and peel properly. That in conjunction with boomkin heals, mobility and CC is what makes them stupidly retarded, Specifically cenarian ward is at fault here IMO.