Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you prefer large or small guilds?

I was looking through at guild recruitment threads. There was one player who was looking for a "small guild", and when asked to clarify, they replied that they were looking for "around 100+ active members". To me, that'd be "large", although I'm aware of guilds with hundreds of members.

What size of a guild do you prefer? Large guilds where lots of activity goes on with a big talent pool, or small guilds where everyone knows each other? What is considered small or big to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Small, by far.

There are pros and cons to both, but I prefer an intimate group where I know everyone well.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Small guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small any day. I feel like 20 active core members makes for a good base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

I prefer them smaller and more laid back.

Most fun I had with my last guild was in BC. We did 25-player raids and had a lot of fun. We had enough to fill our raids easily enough most nights and have a few people on backup.

I didn't like it much when we started focusing on running multiple 10-player raids instead of 25s. It got to the point in Cataclysm where our multiple raid groups might as well have been different guilds.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-06-23 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Well, my guild consists of three active players. And I kinda like it that way. Guess that answers the question

Small. Don't like to socialize unless I have to (achieves, raids, etc).

A guild with a working 25-man roster and back ups for rotations and when others need to sit out for some reason.

So, around 35 or so active people = enough for me. I've been in guilds with 900 members where only 3 or 4 ever were online at a time. "Social" guilds aren't always very social.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I prefer Medium.

Small 50+ just makes it easier to have two 10 man groups and at least one 25 man IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbie View Post
    Small 50+ just makes it easier to have two 10 man groups and at least one 25 man IMO.
    50 players makes for a pretty large guild, imo.

personally, i think around 30-40 players is a good number to really feel like a 'guild', and not just a glorified raid team.

like people have noted, most guilds with hundreds of accounts usually only have a dozen or so actual players that take part.

Deleted
    This thread is beyond ridiculous. Without clarifications on what the OP thinks is a small or a large guild this thread is as pointless as those wow are dieing threads.

For me a guild of 30 active core members with 10-20 active socials is perfect. I prefer 25m raiding. There is something about the organized chaos that makes me happy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    This thread is beyond ridiculous. Without clarifications on what the OP thinks is a small or a large guild this thread is as pointless as those wow are dieing threads.

For me a guild of 30 active core members with 10-20 active socials is perfect. I prefer 25m raiding. There is something about the organized chaos that makes me happy.
    Well, he asked about OUR preference so I guess as long as YOU state what small and big means for you, this thread is not pointless.

OT: For me it is small guilds. I really have problems with connecting names to voices, but I grew so attached to my current guild that I actually managed to grasp all their names. May sound weird to me but is quite an achievment for me. Small is anything up to 15 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Well, he asked about OUR preference so I guess as long as YOU state what small and big means for you, this thread is not pointless.
    It's hilarious, in the third sentence I even "clarified what I think is large". I guess my original post is a giant wall of text, too tedious to read.

My favorite guild was one I helped formed. For a time there were 14 of us, and it was great. We did have trouble filling up raid spots though, since every time one person couldn't make it, we either had to pug or call it off. When I left, it had grown to 121 characters and there were clear cliques and people who kept to themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small, rarely more than 5+ people online at a time in my guild (outside of raid time).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Small, I like to know everyone in the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small guilds, which is why I managed to infest Tziva's guild with my presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Small, by far.

There are pros and cons to both, but I prefer an intimate group where I know everyone well.
    You forget my name during raid all the time . You just call me "that stupid DK".

lololol jk

I prefer a guild that can man at least two 25 man teams. Those tend to be the ones that have sufficient resources to survive expansion/patch transition phases, low moments for classes (like they break your maintank or introduce some mechanic where you just need to have certain tanks or healers). Plus they tend to have enough people with variety of interests and alts to engage in all areas of the game such as just random 5 mans, pvp, alt raiding, pugs, flex, RBGs etc.

Tho currently I'm in 50ish guild that mans 3, 10 man raid groups. This should give us the resources to man at least 1 mythic group come mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    small guilds. i dont like big crowds.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.