Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Camouflage and its Draenor Perks

Camouflage is getting an interesting twist to it in W.O.D. With the new Draenor Perk system, all hunters will have "Enhanced Camouflage" that will allow us to regenerate 3% of our health ever second during Camouflage's duration. Awesome! Great uses for questing/leveling and some good recovery in-between the skirmishes in a BG environment. It most likely also has many other uses that I have not named here, but my point in bringing up this topic is the additional perk Survival hunters get: Improved Camouflage

Camouflage no longer breaks from dealing or taking damage.

So... does this mean that we (as Survival hunters) can cast Camouflage and continue on with our business, while regenerating 3% health every second? I know Camouflage only last 6 seconds while we are in combat, but that adds up to 18% health gain (over 6 seconds) and on a 1 minute cooldown. That's some serious self-healing. In addition to Survivalist, that's even more self-healing.

This has great implementations in both PVP and PVE. Not sure if this will be that extra edge Survival hunter's need to be successful in arenas, but it definitely helps.

Can anyone that is testing a level 100 hunter confirm this?

Camouflage has had a 6s in-combat duration for at least a couple of tiers now, if I recall correctly. So basically, SV will get 6s of uninterrupted damaging. Also, it's unclear right now if Improved Camo refers to direct damage (IE, actually firing off shots) or simply won't break on passive damage on targets already (like ticking SrS/BA). The latter seems more likely, the former would be far more powerful.

At this point, I'm leveling my SV hunter (the new beta cap is 96), and have Enhance Camo....if I manage to get Improved Camo, I'll test it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hur dur, I forgot about the level 100 premade server. Just tested it, can confirm you can fire off direct shots while in camo with these perks. So, 6 seconds of Camo, 18% heals, plus 6 GCDs to do whatever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Camouflage has had a 6s in-combat duration for at least a couple of tiers now, if I recall correctly. So basically, SV will get 6s of uninterrupted damaging. Also, it's unclear right now if Improved Camo refers to direct damage (IE, actually firing off shots) or simply won't break on passive damage on targets already (like ticking SrS/BA). The latter seems more likely, the former would be far more powerful.

At this point, I'm leveling my SV hunter (the new beta cap is 96), and have Enhance Camo....if I manage to get Improved Camo, I'll test it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hur dur, I forgot about the level 100 premade server. Just tested it, can confirm you can fire off direct shots while in camo with these perks. So, 6 seconds of Camo, 18% heals, plus 6 GCDs to do whatever you want.
    Sounds like the rogue ability that allows stealth in combat for x amount of seconds... these are OP and should be removed imo...

Camo only prevents you from being targeted by ranged attacks, you can still hit them with AoE effects and I believe melee attacks, unless they changed something recently. It's not a true stealth unless glyphed, and I don't know the status of that glyph in WoD. I'll check in the morning, I really need to go to bed.

Yea.. it'll mainly be a case for survival to use that -10% magic dmg taken Glyph.. for 6 seconds and still able to dps, AND 18% healed.
    Perhaps (PVE) there will be a few things that.. by being camo'd, you can't be targeted by it.. and so having a 6 sec window for it will be nice.

It will still be an useless PoS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This. Especially since the glyph is only 10% DR, and Camo *still* costs focus
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I still don't see why it's so useless. . . it heals and it has potential for breaking targeting mechanics. Imagine doing belts and needing heals how this could be helpful.
    Rankings are hard to do when people don't do their jobs right. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfgun View Post
    I still don't see why it's so useless. . . it heals and it has potential for breaking targeting mechanics. Imagine doing belts and needing heals how this could be helpful.
    Take Spirit Bond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Sounds like the rogue ability that allows stealth in combat for x amount of seconds... these are OP and should be removed imo...
    Definitely, haven't tested it but from how it sounds it needs to be changed big time.

Sounds totally OP for PvP.

I hate how baseline Camo breaks instantly because an incoming missile (fired before you entered Camo) hits you or some DoT of yours (or on you) just removes it. The perk would be nice if it just didn't break on passive damage or damage taken. But allowing the Hunter to do full DPS while in it is madness. It has a One Minute cooldown, and you can cast it before a fight begins, gaining a huge advance at start while the CD is renewing, thus allowing you to use it a second time not long after the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

I hate how baseline Camo breaks instantly because an incoming missile (fired before you entered Camo) hits you or some DoT of yours (or on you) just removes it. The perk would be nice if it just didn't break on passive damage or damage taken. But allowing the Hunter to do full DPS while in it is madness. It has a One Minute cooldown, and you can cast it before a fight begins, gaining a huge advance at start while the CD is renewing, thus allowing you to use it a second time not long after the first.
    The duration drops to 6 seconds when you're hit. At most, it's 6s of breathing room against a melee with a targeted gap closer (warrior, dk, ret w/ laotl) and a legitimate defensive ability against casters.

Better nerf it, can't let huntards have actual defenses now can we?
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

It does sound a little OP, but it's still way early in the Beta, and things will probably change. But you never know, the developers might like the way it is. I hate getting into situations where I don't have a healer near by, or I do and they are deciding to heal someone else, and I look at my toolkit for a way to survive an incoming boss ability or potential PVP threat and don't see much available. Yes, it its current condition on the Beta, it might be too strong, but it definitely shouldn't go away.

Survival hunters are actually better at survival now... Who woulda thunk it?

Seriously if it was any less than it is now, I wouldn't want it taking up a perk slot. Not like SV is going to be able to burst you down while in camo.

Take Spirit Bond.
    even with spirit bond, I can see advantages of using camo for the extra healing. especially if you're dangerously low while running away from a mob/player
    Rankings are hard to do when people don't do their jobs right. :S

It will be incredibly good in PvP. Just saying. 6 seconds of direct cc immunity from most casters and some melee (eg: blind, hex, paralysis, fist of justice, poly, cyclone, fear, wyvern sting, horrify, deep freeze ... etc etc. The list isn't small), each minute is damn amazing. Also, cant be charged or gripped.

You will be prone to aoe cc (aoe fears, stuns, disorients) and to melee damage, but that is still pretty good coverage.

You also get healed for 18% over the duration, you can continue to dps, and the enemy can't break it with meleeing you like they can now.

So... it's pretty damn strong.

I was running the Auchindoun 5man yesterday as survival with the Camo stealth glyph on.

Popped Camo mid combat when I had aggro on an add once. The add still ran to me and started hitting me regardless that I was in "stealthed" Camo. So maybe the glyph doesn't work right now? Or maybe even with the glyph you can't go full invisible while in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    I was running the Auchindoun 5man yesterday as survival with the Camo stealth glyph on.

Popped Camo mid combat when I had aggro on an add once. The add still ran to me and started hitting me regardless that I was in "stealthed" Camo. So maybe the glyph doesn't work right now? Or maybe even with the glyph you can't go full invisible while in combat.
    This is nothing new. You still had threat on the mob, Camo doesn't wipe threat.

This will only be proven/disproven by actual pvp testing, but with the glyph I suspect it'll act like Subterfuge does currently, which is a big no-no.
    *bro fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    This is nothing new. You still had threat on the mob, Camo doesn't wipe threat.

This will only be proven/disproven by actual pvp testing, but with the glyph I suspect it'll act like Subterfuge does currently, which is a big no-no.
    I don't - I think that if you are attacking you will be in the "partial stealth" mode regardless. The glyph allows you to move while camoed, but handling the interaction between attacking and staying camoed is a new function that I don't think will piggy back on the glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    I don't - I think that if you are attacking you will be in the "partial stealth" mode regardless. The glyph allows you to move while camoed, but handling the interaction between attacking and staying camoed is a new function that I don't think will piggy back on the glyph.
    Just logged into beta to test this: Camo glyph functions as Subterfuge for Survival.

Nerf inc.
    *bro fist*