Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

End of the World(Cthulhu Mythos)

So being the bored, addicted to Sci Fi fiction that I am, and having read a discertaition on quantom physics(the universe is so large that all things must be possible), I re-visited my dusty collection of Cthullu Mythos novels, and quickly peed my pants. So lets do a check-list, shall we? Class-3(4?) Civilization, check. Ability to move armies, weapons, whole civilizations thru other dimensions, check. Use of technology alien and unfathomable to us, check. To quote Nick Fury "Not only are we not alone, we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned!" Yeeowtch. And, if current scientific minds have the right of it-hawking, and such-it's kinda inevitable we'll meet and alien race. I guess my point is, what could we do in the face -or faceless-of an invasion? We'd be screwed. Thoughts. Smart guys, give me your stats. Sci-fi guys, add info, or de-bunk me, please. And to those of you who've never read Ctulhu?? ehh...if youve got an extra change of undies.

We should all just start now and begin praising our new tentacle faced overlord. Praise Cthulhu!

Deleted
    Roll for initiative and hope for a low AC

If it's them coming to us and they are hostile where screwed. We'd have a better chance discovering them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    Roll for initiative and hope for a low AC
    Excuse me, what are you doing with that ava?

10+ Year Old Account
    Prep your anus, its gonna be a long ride

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    We should all just start now and begin praising our new tentacle faced overlord. Praise Cthulhu!
    He has the right idea, all hail the slumbering giant in the depths of rhy...uh...whatever he calls his undersea palace!

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Cthulhu got owned by mintberry crunch... we would just need to hope that the universe that south park was real in broke through to us also
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Mintberry Crunch shall save us all. Shablagoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about the Old Ones?

Don't make me get my gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirvi View Post
    Prep your anus, its gonna be a long ride
    "We'll show you the gruesome view of what happens when the Reaping begins on human rectal areas"

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post

Excuse me! Praise Azathoth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Talking about the Old Ones?

Don't make me get my gun.
    LMAO.....thank you. Day made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post

Excuse me! Praise Azathoth!
    This is what made me question whether class 3 civilization or class 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why Cthulu should be any scarier than any other cosmic evil being.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I never understood why Cthulu should be any scarier than any other cosmic evil being.
    Supposedly...from some of the snippets I've read, just glancing at his eyes for a second can a cause a man to go mad with insanity.

I never understood why Cthulhu should be any scarier than any other cosmic evil being.
    He can be summoned through a dimensional rift in our ocean so he's the closest Old One to Earth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Erm...uh...READ, brother. Just Read.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    Erm...uh...READ, brother. Just Read.
    I love Lovecraft. Hoping to collect the rest of his literature at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirvi View Post
    Supposedly...from some of the snippets I've read, just glancing at his eyes for a second can a cause a man to go mad with insanity.
    True of most Lovecraft gods, I believe. And making you go insane is not the worst thing an old god can do to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, don't take film versions as anything. Read the original Lovecraft. It isn't possible to film most of his stuff. The entire point of his vision was describing things which break reality in ways the human mind cannot handle. Which doesn't mean "cool CGI", it means seeing a 6 foot tall man who towers over the moon (not one of his examples). "But that doesn't make sense", you'll say. That's the point. It cannot make sense, and yet it is true, and that's what drives your brain out your ears when confronted by it.

Hell, even Lovecraft doesn't usually put you in the head of someone witnessing this stuff. He has them recalling it, or reading to maddened writings of someone who did.