People you've tried to help, But were ungrateful.

TL;DR : Had a bad experience tryin' to help a dude who was a complete ungrateful asshat. What has your experiences been with this stuff?

Note: This can be ingame or real life.

So, Tonight was our last night for raid this week(Reset today, Raid wed/fri/mon) and my co-tank was incapable of showing due to real life situations, So we took in this.. supposed friend of a guildie. I was fine with this(Granted I'm picky about my co-tanks).

So he comes in, And were trying to kill spoils, A boss the guild I am now a part of now has been killing for weeks, last week we two / three shot it with both me and the other tank learning the fight that night. My side of the group was doing perfect, 0 problems at all, Was doing the same thing I was the week prior. Pulling at mine & my healers limit, if I went to fast for the other group to handle sparks, I slowed down. Sparks were almost no issue..

The issue however, was the other tank, who was 567 ilvl Prot Paladin, Geared correctly(Would have changed the fact he was using 4 piece, personal preference honestly don't like it) gemmed correctly, ect. But he wasn't keeping threat, The shaman was constantly taking aggro, or others and people were dying, then after a while sparks became a problem ect(Guess people were trying too focus on actually living). Also was tending to stand the Animated golem in the pools which healed it ect..

So, The enhancement shaman comes to me and is telling me the threat issues over there ect, I'm like okay, I use to main a prot paladin till about 4-6 months ago, So I'll see if i can help give any tips. Told him to tank it like you pretty much would normal, Move the golem around so it doesn't heal, Don't pull what you can't handle, that sorta stuff. Also took a look at his talents and saw he was using sanctified wrath, which horrible for a prot.. Suggested he take Holy Avenger/Divine Purpose(If above 40% haste I dont like to use it lower) just general stuff, and to maybe take lights hammer for it since its mostly and AoE fight will help with threat.

Once I finished saying this.. He first said "are you fucking kidding me? You're an idiot" . So i was like, Okay man, and linked him Absalom's prot paladin(Blood legion) He started linking treckie, and Midwinters prot paladin all this stuff., and Im like "Dude you just contradicted yourself, They are all using DP as well.. Lol", He kept going off, telling to too learn to play ect, hes 14/14 Heroic holy(Which he wasn't granted, he did have 14/14 but not that character like he claimed) and tank was his OS, Now he wasn't saying it as kindly as this just don't feel like repeating all his rude comments. Was being flat out elitist, and wasn't accepting no help what so ever and was saying like "Dude youdon't even know how to play monk, blah blah blah, keep shuffle up scrub", So I linked him buff up times and was like "Dude my shuffle up time is almost 90% on a fight where I'm getting forced down time cause I have to slow down for your side to keep up cause ya be having issues over there causing down time, So say again?". Then I started getting about sour my self with him, and made a few smart ass comments to him cause his were necessary.

He just kept going on and on, Till he eventually threatened me saying "You best stop /w me" (He said this after I stoped whispering him for like 6 minutes then he whispered me, and I whispered back)
    Last edited by Burnick; 2014-06-24 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Most working days.

Oh wait, in game? I guess most passing Alliance wouldn't give a shit that I just saved them or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some days ago I stopped to help two low geared hordies killing a rare. As soon as I landed, three other came out and started killing me.

That's the last time I try to help that faction.

Deleted
    This looks like typical Wow life... one guy saying he knows more Wow stuff than another and then arguing over it.

Its actually one of the main reason the community sucks these days...

Afterall, OP spent the time to post this story so ur clearly just trying to show u know more Wow stuff than someone else right...

Question: Did you ask him about giving him advice or did you just start spouting off things he is doing wrong?

There is a huge difference in reception. If you were to ask something like "Hey, I noticed that the shaman appears to be taking damage frequently, are you having difficulty holding threat? Is he DPSing too hard?" and allow him to explain to see if he perceives this problem. If he doesn't know or acknowledge you, you have facts to work with like the shaman dying or frequently tanking and can deal with him how you see fit from there (ungrateful asshats get kicked in my groups) but you tried to diplomatically solve the issue rather than accusing someone of fail playing, which they usually get super defensive and asshatty and overall its not a constructive way to approach things in this game... epeen battles are the result of accusing someone of not playing right.

EDIT:

I was on my Allie toon and saw a human Paladin (he was 88 I think) getting mobbed by 4 or 5 of the Yaun'gol guys in Townlongg while going for a trillium node. I decided "Hey, I'm going to help this guy out so he can get his Trillium" so I swoop in do /wave and start fighting the mobs off him. He starts yelling obscenities and starts running toward the node pulling more guys. I ended up /saying "I was trying to help you get the node but if you don't want my help I'll leave" so I vanished and the 4-5 that were killing me turned back to him and the guys he pulled kept on hitting. I ended up mounting/flying away before his eyes. I really hope he was killed or some Horde guy ninja'd the vein...
    Last edited by Baladash; 2014-06-24 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    This looks like typical Wow life... one guy saying he knows more Wow stuff than another and then arguing over it.

Its actually one of the main reason the community sucks these days...

Afterall, OP spent the time to post this story so ur clearly just trying to show u know more Wow stuff than someone else right...
    Actually Im not, I was just trying to correct him on a few things, And I wasn't being a douche about it. Was being pretty nice. I don't know more, I take advice from people who are waaay better then me, When it comes to my prot paladin, I use to go to Absalom alot for advice about prot. I've talked to riggi a few times as well about my monk. I don't know more then anyone I just spent time to learn, and like to try and help anyone else out whos having trouble.

Words directly from rig him self "There are times, i have people who have barely any raiding experience, telling me things I never even thought of, or correcting my on things I did wrong, and actually helped me improve"

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    Question: Did you ask him about giving him advice or did you just start spouting off things he is doing wrong?

There is a huge difference in reception. If you were to ask something like "Hey, I noticed that the shaman appears to be taking damage frequently, are you having difficulty holding threat? Is he DPSing too hard?" and allow him to explain to see if he perceives this problem. If he doesn't know or acknowledge you, you have facts to work with like the shaman dying or frequently tanking and can deal with him how you see fit from there (ungrateful asshats get kicked in my groups) but you tried to diplomatically solve the issue rather than accusing someone of fail playing, which they usually get super defensive and asshatty and overall its not a constructive way to approach things in this game... epeen battles are the result of accusing someone of not playing right.
    I messaged him like "Hey man you seem to be having some problems, there's a number of complaints about you losing threat/having issues and stuff over there, if you're having problems you should say something, I think I got a suggestion or two I can make maybe" Thats what I said at first(Can't remember word for word, But Im a pretty nice dude unless annoyed/angered so, was far from hostile) , Because I had not noticed the talent choices or anything of the sort, Or gear. Just mentioned that, said to tank it like he would normal Spoils if he has, Don't try to pull more then 3-4 crates, don't pull anything with the Animated Golems, So DPS can focus em harder. Just stuff like that.

Then I started inspecting him and saw him taking sancitified wrath, and holy prism. Holy prism, by far in my opinion is the go to talent, except on spoils where I'd take Lights hammer, Galakras too if your tanking bottom. So after I noticed that(He had not replied btw too the first thing, at all) I was said "Hey, You should try switching out those two talents might provide some help, especially since SW is useless as prot" From there he responded and got sour fast, Once he started making remarks at me, I got pissy and smartass back at him, Then started to stop whispering him, Well the rest from theres explained in the original post.

And yea, Fuck e-peen battles lol. Im far from an elitist player myself and not afraid to admit, that all I know about my classes, I learned from others and then adjusted from there. Gathering groups of opinions/play styles from forums/other players on my server I asked(Riggimonk/Absalom) ect. I have no reason to think I am better then anyone else, And as someone who has received tons of help in the past and current, and will continue to well in the future if I ever have issues, I love to give players who are having and issues with classes I know(I will not try to help someone with a class I do not know, at least not without extensive research first, use to raid lead and have had people try to do it too me. Drives me nuts)
    Last edited by Burnick; 2014-06-24 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    Most working days.

Oh wait, in game? I guess most passing Alliance wouldn't give a shit that I just saved them or something.
    Pretty much. I work at customs at an airport, the mount of uptight assholes I meet everyday is astonishing. I've only worked there for a year so I can still deal with ungratefulness. I'm pretty sure I'll reach a point where I simply won't care to help anyone anymore though as most of the colleagues there are.

Deleted
    I used to boost low level/new players in dungs to get them some gear and experience but after that
    i ended on their friendlist and they would spam me to boost them again and again so i stopped doing
    this except for close friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Pretty much. I work at customs at an airport, the mount of uptight assholes I meet everyday is astonishing. I've only worked there for a year so I can still deal with ungratefulness. I'm pretty sure I'll reach a point where I simply won't care to help anyone anymore though as most of the colleagues there are.
    I wouldn't be able to work around such people, I'd go mad.