Achievements Class worthiness ? Your Top 3

Hello there

. Since now i will have less time to party up and raid , i decided to be a achievment player , i will do some raids from time to time and some pvp when i have the hours but mostly just World PVE .

What class /Race in your opinion is worthy of completing most of the achievements ?

Taking in perspective :

Fun
    Looks ( Trasmog )
    Reliable
    Solo Play ( i know about the whole hunter , dK THING ! but lets think hybrid here )
    History
    Etc...

Top 3 for you are ?

Class / spec is irrelevant for everything except soloing edge raids, of which there are normally only a few. That is, in any given patch, the majority of the old raids are soloable by any spec, a select few current / old raids aren't soloable no matter the spec, and it's the remaining few raids, and frequently even specific encounters that can be soloed by some specs, but not others. The thing is, when it comes to these few raids which can be soloed by some specs, but not others, we are always talking about top level current raiding gear for the specs that can technically solo them. So, unless you have access to that top level gear, it doesn't make sense to even wonder about what these specs are, that won't be a limiting factor.

With all that said, traditionally, the strongest soloing specs are tanks. Among tanks, historically, the strongest were the DKs.

In terms of racial abilities, I will note the goblin's rocket jump. It does help with soloing, when you try to do things which would normally require two warm bodies. Shadowmeld was useful for soloing some time ago as well (eg, for doing the first boss of BT in Cata). But these are just gimmicks, I wouldn't choose a race based on just that, the impact is small.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-06-25 at 04:59 AM.

1. Whatever class you enjoy
    2. ???
    3. Profit

Been soloing as a Rogue for years.

Deleted
    Classes that have a tank spec will usually be very useful for soloing old achievements and bosses that drop interesting stuff. Plate and cloth wearers have the coolest transmogs so far imo.

1. Blood DK - The ultimate solo class! Will help with soloing old raid achievements.
    2. Prot Paladin - For the same reasons as above.
    3. Rogue - Many advantages in the PvP achievements (BG achievements, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you Alliance or Horde? If you're Alliance and you want to focus on achievements with some PVP then go human. You'll save yourself a lot of time grinding out whatever reps you aren't exalted with, and you get the pvp trinket racial for any PVP that you do.

By solo'ing do you mean you want to solo fairly recent content? Then you'll want a tank spec, and to be a blood DK if you are really serious about it. Most classes can solo a lot of older things once you get an expansion away from it, but for more recent things tanks will be your best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    1. DK
    2. Paladin
    3. Druid
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Are you Alliance or Horde? If you're Alliance and you want to focus on achievements with some PVP then go human. You'll save yourself a lot of time grinding out whatever reps you aren't exalted with, and you get the pvp trinket racial for any PVP that you do.

By solo'ing do you mean you want to solo fairly recent content? Then you'll want a tank spec, and to be a blood DK if you are really serious about it. Most classes can solo a lot of older things once you get an expansion away from it, but for more recent things tanks will be your best bet.
    Well good idea for the Human part. But in WoD does the racial stay with the new racial remake ?
    When i mean solo'ing when i was playing my hunter it was fairly easy to kill stuff while my pet takes the damage i was bursting it down with DPS . But for me the hunter class seems overpopulated and i sometimes like to feel a bit more away from the crowd . DK seems like a option , but for me the rune systems looks kinda complicated ( i haven't played one )

My goal with this is to be an achivement player ( achivement whore if you wanna call it ) while everyone spends time raiding and just afking on the capital city . i wanna explore the world and quest since i haven't done the cata old zones revamp and wanna do outlands before WoD hit . want to chose something unique and worth using to do this goal

Deleted
    Monk for old content reputation farming and such, purely down to the fact Rushing Jade Wind is amazing at clearing, and monk mobility is super good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leoherm View Post
    want to chose something unique and worth using to do this goal
    Nothing more unique than a rogue..... since Vanilla

Deleted
    Shamans are pretty fun to solo stuff with. Also Shamans are great at farming due to alot of instant/cast on the run spells.

Deleted
    Hunter #1

/ten

You should really go for the class you have fun with, why play one that you don't enjoy?