Poll: Is it worth getting back into WoW at this stage?

7+ Year Old Account

Is it worth getting back into WoW at this stage?

Just after a chat with a blizzard employee , after they took some money from my bank account by accident they were extremely apologetic and promptly put the funds into my bank account along with a goodwill offer of two things.

*14 days WoW playtime
    *10 euro in hearthstone credit (I haven't played any TCG's and I don't think it's really my thing so if there is a gifting option then this is up for grabs since it will just sit there)

I have recently been laid off due to cut backs in the company work force so I decided to take a bit of savings and enjoy the summer with my girlfriend who will be returning home for 3 month's. This will also result in a good bit of free time , so I am really looking forward to picking up one of my hobbies that I really had to let go of because of full time work commitments.

After jumping onto WoW , I can just explain the feeling as ''lost'' , I played the game for many years during high school. With some of my happiest gaming memories being on this game. That could of been for love of the game , or just because of the social aspect since I made some pretty close friends through this time.

To cut a long story short , is it worth jumping back into this game this late on? I don't want to say that my enthusiasm for the game has completely gone but it almost feels like that. (Maybe I just need to find a good sociable guild again?)
    Last edited by RoryTee; 2014-06-25 at 01:36 PM.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion? No.
    Not yet anyway, might be better off waiting for 6.0.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend to people to play MoP just don't raid at any difficulty. The introduction and catch-up of raids has made more of my non-heroic friends unsub than at any point in this game's history.

I haven't heard one positive thing about LFR, the legendary quest chain (from the view of a new/returning player), or trying to catch up in Flex/Normal OQ's. It's all a lot of work for no reason.

So yeah it's worth it and enjoyable - just don't raid. Wait for 6.0, try new things, then enjoy WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait until wod or 6.0
    If you have a big fun friendly company to play with, it may be worth coming back, but else no way.

If you want to play, play. If not then don't. You have free time why not check it out?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If you think the idea of having a lvl 100 character is cool, then resub for WoD. If you don't care, I wouldn't waste the money if I were you.

If you are going to play WoW. Then play the game, telling someone not to bother with the end game content (raiding) and yet still play is like taking the entree out of dinner and still saying it's a good dinner.

WoD will offer a nice catch up mechanic so you can have a fresh 500ish itlevel 90 ready to level in the WoD zones so you can play a new class if you want. With that said, 6.0 isn't going to drop until later this Fall MUCH later like around Thanksgiving. So there is plenty of time to play and enjoy all the content of MoP if you want.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

I would say wait for WoD, everything will look fresh

Well i played WoW on retail through vanilla and early BC and since then im on private servers mostly cos im a broke student....and i was thinking of going back to retail cos i have a little money on the side that im willing to spend on WoW and mainly cos of the summer sale.

Is it worth doing that or should i wait for WoD and save money for it

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is just plain terrible right now.

From boring and uninteresting raids to having absolutely nothing to do other than the same old timeless isle crap, the game just isnt what it used to be.

Save your money and buy Wildstar imo.

Wait for WoD imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have friends that are playing at this stage and want you to rejoin them, then maybe? Otherwise wait for the WoD pre-patch if you have no plans for doing things prior to 6.0.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    If I were you I would wait for WoD. I recently came back but got bored rather fast. Unless you haven't seen all content yet, wait.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    No. I did for a month, was dissapointed. Stay away.

Go use it, waiting for wod could end up being a 6 month wait...

Depends. If you're like me, still farming old content, getting reputations and achivements, mounts and pets, or, is interested in bgs,rbgs or arena, then yes.

But if you want to experience new content.. then, no. There hasnt been any for a longtime.

Also we have the p2w scandal.

Overall, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    Just after a chat with a blizzard employee , after they took some money from my bank account by accident they were extremely apologetic and promptly put the funds into my bank account along with a goodwill offer of two things.

*14 days WoW playtime
    *10 euro in hearthstone credit (I haven't played any TCG's and I don't think it's really my thing so if there is a gifting option then this is up for grabs since it will just sit there)
    <tinfoil hat>
    And now they get to claim you as a subscriber for this quarter...
    </tinfoil hat>

Seriously though, was this like some sort of 3rd party scam (someone stole your cc info), a semi-reasonable mistake (you cancelled the same day as the cutoff and their systems put the charge through anyway), or is Blizz just charging random people whose financial information they have?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)