Question about current lockout system

Hi everyone, so i thought I understood the way that lockouts work but I guess I was mistaken. In bold Im going to write what my goal is from obtaining this lockout

I am looking to clear 11/12H 25m Icc on heroic mode with a group of between 5-10 people, and then when we get to Lich King, drop and then solo him on 25 man heroic

So what i did exactly that, on Sunday night I went and cleared the first 11 bosses on heroic with a group, left and brought a different character for Lich King. Then later that night when i tried to go redo Lk on my dk it said that the lockout was 12/12 and Lk was already dead. I thought that lockouts were individual and that I would be able to clear him myself, if anyone has any insight on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Im wondering is there anyway that I can run icc 25H with a group up until Lk then do him myself while still allowing the remainder of the group to kill him themselves, thanks everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic lockouts are not individual to prevent people exploiting lockouts to funnel gear to mains using alt raids - so if you want to solo H LK each week what you are doing won't work.

However, some time a while back they changed ICC so you don't need an 11/12 heroic lockout to do H LK. The way people who solo LK each week for the mount do it is get an 11/12 normal lockout saved on an alt and then use that each week. But that would also mean that you can't do 11/12H on your main each week either (if you're working on the legendary or whatever) since then you'd be saved to that heroic ID and not able to use your alts ID to do H LK.