Page 1 of 70
... LastLast

demon hunters did not end with illidain

Nobody said DH ended with Illidian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Nobody said DH ended with Illidian.
    Well Teriz seems to think so

I would love to see Demon Hunters and Dark Rangers be faction specific classes for a patch and then open them up to both.

Never had a doubt that DHs ended with Illidan's defeat. I used think Blizzard is too lazy to introduce any new classes but they proved me wrong with the monk. Either way it'll be years before we even see any non-Dreanor lore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    I would love to see Demon Hunters and Dark Rangers be faction specific classes for a patch and then open them up to both.

Never had a doubt that DHs ended with Illidan's defeat. I used think Blizzard is too lazy to introduce any new classes but they proved me wrong with the monk. Either way it'll be years before we even see any non-Dreanor lore anyway.
    Yea well I was pretty shocked to see we have alot of demon hunters out there still and they want to bring illidan back for a redemption story

10+ Year Old Account
    Their story ended when Warlocks learned Metamorphosis from Illidan.

Playable Demon Hunters serve no purpose in WoW. Their niche is handled quite well by the Warlock class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-06-26 at 05:20 PM.

I don't know, maybe someone should write a literal novel about why demonhunters are the next class put into WoW, and pretend to enjoy doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Their story ended when Warlocks learned Metamorphosis from Illidan.
    Oh really? Metamorphosis was giving to warlocks in WOTLK pre patch but they added more Demon hunters to Felwood, Blasted lands and Darkshore in Cata

Playable Demon Hunters serve no purpose in WoW. Their niche is handled quite well by the Warlock class.
    You're opinion nothing more.

The mighty Teriz has spoken, Demon Hunters are no more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondjim View Post
    Oh really? Metamorphosis was giving to warlocks in WOTLK pre patch but they added more Demon hunters to Felwood, Blasted lands and Darkshore in Cata
    Probably because they redid all the old quests, and needed some interesting new ones.

BTW, that DH in Darkshore is a ghost. You won't find living Demon Hunters outside of demon-controlled areas. Hence, there can't be a DH class since a class would need to travel all over the map. Why would a DH be in Pandaria or Northrend for example?

You're opinion nothing more.
    An opinion backed by facts. We already have a demonic class that hunts demons, and uses their powers against the Legion.

Probably because they redid all the old quests, and needed some interesting new ones.

BTW, that DH in Darkshore is a ghost. You won't find living Demon Hunters outside of demon-controlled areas. Hence, there can't be a DH class since a class would need to travel all over the map. Why would a DH be in Pandaria or Northrend for example?

An opinion backed by facts. We already have a demonic class that hunts demons, and uses their powers against the Legion.
    Same reason that has Pandaren characters start on the Wandering Island after Deathwings defeat and then go to the Cata version of EK and Kalimdor, then go back in time to TBC forward to Northrend (which is still before DWings defeat). Then go through the Cata zones and then rejoin the timeline they started in as they go to Pandaria.
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2014-06-26 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    Same reason that has Pandaren characters start on the Wandering Island after Deathwings defeat and then go to the Cata version of EK and Kalimdor, then go back in time to TBC forward to Northrend (which is still before DWings defeat). Then go through the Cata zones and then rejoin the timeline they started in as they go to Pandaria.
    Pandaren aren't born and bred to only hunt a certain type of enemy though. If your sole purpose is to hunt demons, why would you go anywhere else but to areas infested with demons?

Again, we already have a class that is demonic-based, and aren't stuck in demon-areas because of lore.

Why would a DH be in Pandaria or Northrend for example?
    The same reason why Death Knights would have gone to Outland I guess? I mean I didn't see any Death Knights around when I was playing TBC, but Wrath told me they were there and part of the Alliance at that time. Weird huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    The same reason why Death Knights would have gone to Outland I guess? I mean I didn't see any Death Knights around when I was playing TBC, but Wrath told me they were there and part of the Alliance at that time. Weird huh?
    Logic like that ain't tolerated around here!

Pandaren aren't born and bred to only hunt a certain type of enemy though. If your sole purpose is to hunt demons, why would you go anywhere else but to areas infested with demons?

Again, we already have a class that is demonic-based, and aren't stuck in demon-areas because of lore.
    level 90 (100 next expansion) character boosts / first characters in future expansions.

Citing old content is no longer required as players do not necessarily start there, rather in the present. Doing all the old content is comparable to living the history of azeroth as of 6.0

Because of that, any "niche" role in wow could be a class based on the expansion they release with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Because the destruction of the Scarlet Crusade by the Lich King took place before TBC.

It doesn't make sense for Demon Hunters to kill anything other than demons. That's their sole reason for existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    level 90 (100 next expansion) character boosts / first characters in future expansions.

Citing old content is no longer required as players do not necessarily start there, rather in the present. Doing all the old content is comparable to living the history of azeroth as of 6.0

Because of that, any "niche" role in wow could be a class based on the expansion they release with.
    Its not about old content. Its about the purpose of the DH's existence. DH's don't waste time fighting Naga, the undead, dragons, Mogul, Old Gods, etc. They only want to fight the Legion and demons. A DH in Elwynn forest killing Kobolds or helping a farm boy make a pig pie in Lakeshire makes no sense.

It doesn't make sense for Demon Hunters to kill anything other than demons. That's their sole reason for existence.
    And we will have a legion X pac sooner or later. Hell they been hitting at the burning legion coming back since cata. So plenty of demons in that

Because the destruction of the Scarlet Crusade by the Lich King took place before TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not about old content. Its about the purpose of the DH's existence. DH's don't waste time fighting Naga, the undead, dragons, Mogul, Old Gods, etc. They only want to fight the Legion and demons. A DH in Elwynn forest killing Kobolds and helping a farm boy make a pig pie makes no sense.
    From Battle.net's WCIII DH unit page (which you are so insistent on conforming to):

Demon Hunters are dark, shadowy warriors who are shunned by the greater Night Elf society. They made a pact, long ago, to fight against the forces of chaos using its own terrible powers against it. These mysterious warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity. They wield demonically charged warblades in battle and even call upon demonic energies to augment their formidable combat skills. Although they are counted as some of the mightiest warriors within the Night Elves' society, the Demon Hunters are always maligned and misunderstood for making their selfless pact with darkness.
    So, DH powers aren't just for fighting demons, but help in battling the undead also.

Of course, DH's predate the Scourge by thousands of years. However, we have seen trolls practice mummification and zombification in places like ZF.

So it stands to reason that DH's can have a history of battling trolls and their dark machinations as well.
    Last edited by Jtree; 2014-06-26 at 08:28 PM.

Why would a Death Knight, or a Druid, or a Priest?

It doesn't make sense for Druid to be fighting the Thunder King. It doesn't make sense for a Death Knight to be helping pandas on their farms. It doesn't make sense for a Paladin to be exploring Tol'vir archeology.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-06-26 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondjim View Post
    And we will have a legion X pac sooner or later. Hell they been hitting at the burning legion coming back since cata. So plenty of demons in that
    And by that point, we'll have a DH spec in the Warlock class. We're 75% there already.