Thread: RIP Fury

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Also just gonna put it out there; if Heroic Leap had no minimum range I would gladly trade it for the loss of my beloved Berserker Stance.

They're re-balancing the entire game ...

Sure, as it is now in Live this change would be catastrophic, but they're not stupid. They're reworking a whole lot of abilities and how each class plays. This is probably going to be the biggest shake up of Class playstyle in WoW History.

Calm your tits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Should I miss Ghostcrawler now?
    Seems he had at least a warrior alt or something, these guys .....
    Everyone is starting to look at all those changes with half an eye. Because they seem to deviate from the goals they had, or they are doing it wrongly or they don't know what the hell they are doing anymore and they just throw ideas, plug them in, no vision, check how they interact with each other, no scheme. As always why change something that works, just for the sake of showing they are reworking warrior? Did we need it? Arms needed some love, fury or prot didn't. Half of those ideas, if they ever make it live, will get reworked or removed/replaced with what was working before 2nd tier...

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post

Sure, as it is now in Live this change would be catastrophic, but they're not stupid. They're reworking a whole lot of abilities and how each class plays. This is probably going to be the biggest shake up of Class playstyle in WoW History.

Calm your tits.
    Maybe we don't want them to remake it? Reworks often fail... just look at arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm scared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post

Calm your tits.
    After what they did to Warriors while creating MoP, I have little faith or trust. They don't seem to have a goal with Warriors, and maybe that really is because none of them main one.

They're ripping the DPS Warrior apart.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

If you actually take the time from your life, and go visit other class forums, and check the WoD topics, you'll see everyone is whining, that their class is going to be broken, that they'll reroll etc etc etc.
    This gives me hope everything will be fine come WoD. As a user above me said "Calm your tits" and wait for Beta atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    RIP in peace fury.

- Removing Berserker Stance whilst trying to say you're ability pruning is nonsense, Berserker Stance was removed because you intended to make abilities require stance and wanted to make the specs even easier than they already are
    I'd say the zerker stance removal was because they didn't like the play style it promoted of standing in crap for more DPS.

Long due change and about fucking time. Fury is much more polished now. HS had no meaning in modern wow. Much easier to balance stuff now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Long due change and about fucking time. Fury is much more polished now. HS had no meaning in modern wow. Much easier to balance stuff now.
    Dunno what to make of this. That is either sarcasm or you don't play a warrior thus don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Dunno what to make of this. That is either sarcasm or you don't play a warrior thus don't know what the hell you are talking about.
    He posted the same crap in the 6.0 changes thread, so he is probably serious.

How is it easier to balance stuff without HS, would you care to explain this, please?

HS does not belong in the new design. In fact, it should be gone after wotlk. Its prime use was a threat ability for protection and a reason to whine for threat as dps. When CS was implemented it became a way to change fury into a totally stupid ramp up spec. So yea, good riddance. Now, let's have everyone make a thread about each change they don't like, while we are still in alpha.

Since we're doing the speak up, feedback thing:

I've never liked Wild Strike. It always felt like it had an awkward place in our rotation, only hitting it in oddly specific scenarios that never felt good. Always thought it would have been better if it had just replaced Heroic Strike (basically being an upgraded Heroic Strike in that it hits with both weapons, and off the GCD of course). This change is horrific and is absolutely going to make the playstyle horrid. I don't see how it's possible to balance around rage management without a rage dump. We're either going to have way too little rage, or we're going to be constantly rage capping. There's no in-between, and it's a total lose-lose, for both low and high skill level players.

And for the Brewmaster who felt the need to comment in this thread, imagine if blizz took away Jab without giving you any other dumps and told you to suck it up and manage Keg Smash/Expel Harm properly to keep from energy capping. That's exactly what we're looking at by losing Heroic Strike. If you were losing Jab and weren't being given anything to replace it, I would hope you would be just as willing to make sure blizz knows you aren't happy about it.

HS does not belong in the new design. In fact, it should be gone after wotlk. Its prime use was a threat ability for protection and a reason to whine for threat as dps. When CS was implemented it became a way to change fury into a totally stupid ramp up spec. So yea, good riddance. Now, let's have everyone make a thread about each change they don't like, while we are still in alpha.
    You really do not realize what role HS played for fury warriors during CS, do you?

Now if you don´t have a clue, just stop posting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azpilicueta View Post
    You really do not realize what role HS played for fury warriors during CS, do you?

Now if you don´t have a clue, just stop posting about it.
    Your answer is somewhere inside the words you quoted.

Your answer is somewhere inside the words you quoted.
    Which is why I advised you to not post about things you obviously have no idea of.

HS is important for a LOT more than just the CS rotation. It's one of our most important abilities and proper usage is one of the key things that can separate a good warrior from a great one. It's a completely necessary and integral part of the rotation, in and out of CS, and is like 90% of our active rage management. There is absolutely no question that simply removing Heroic Strike from our rotation is so massive that the rotation wouldn't even be recognizable.

Which is why I advised you to not post about things you obviously have no idea of.
    HS=mainly used inside CS.
    Me= I don't like the "wait CS to unload"
    HS gone=good direction.

If you still fail to understand I cannot help you further.

PS:Oh boy, just when I was bored in the office, this change made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Never thought I'd say this but someone call up Fatalfuror, its time to kill some devs.
    This is why you outrage often and early (what most classes do, but what warriors as a whole seem to refuse to do - preferring to weather the storm), instead of waiting for the inevitable. The trend was removing shit regardless of need, want, or potential. As I said earlier, it's "throwing the baby out with the bath water" style of design. If they feel like it doesn't fit their personal agenda, then it goes. But this should have never been about the devs' wants or needs. This is about what the players want - and I just don't see how any of the recent changes from the last few builds were called for. Unless they're listening to an extremely small minority of complete morons.

This is taking ability pruning to an absolute extreme such that nearly all depth is being removed. It's killing the class.

I'm just sad it took you people this long to get what I've been saying. Unfortunately, I have no voice or presence on the Alpha forums since I don't have access. Someone will have to channel my rage, anger, and fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    HS is important for a LOT more than just the CS rotation. It's one of our most important abilities and proper usage is one of the key things that can separate a good warrior from a great one. It's a completely necessary and integral part of the rotation, in and out of CS, and is like 90% of our active rage management. There is absolutely no question that simply removing Heroic Strike from our rotation is so massive that the rotation wouldn't even be recognizable.
    Yea! Thing is the rotation is changing. Same thing happened before in a much more awkward style. Of course, HS management was part of the "rotation" like every other used button was. Now, you do other stuff, simple as that. Wait for the whole picture and don't be fanatised.

People will come and say "it's just alpha"
    But the scary thing is that the devs are thinking in this direction for changes made to the warrior class.

(personally i really like our current state for fury in SoO)
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>