Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm with OP.

Stat's are squished, but we're still going to see 1.2M health pools right around the corner. Find a better way to fix PvP.

stat squish is not finished, they are still adjusting.

also the stat squish does something else, something over time. they will be raising stats up by a much lower gradient than previously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Stat squish is a joke alltogether IMO.

We're supposed to feel like we're growing and progressing with each level, now we're going backwards.
    If your idea of growth and progression is spreadsheet-levels of representation then you'll be happy to know that paper and ink is pretty low cost and doesn't require an internet connection to use.

Also keep in mind pvp crits will be 200% on mobs, 150% on players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I don't quite follow? They have scaled down how much your abilities hit for by a considerable amount
    They need to scale both down even more. The damage and the hp.

Lets hope they will squish it more. I expected 10-30k hp at 100 and not 200-300k.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This is how I feel too.
    It just sounds silly to squish damage but double hp. I wish they would have squished health and then squished damage even more to accommodate. Oh well, alpha is alpha and all.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yeah, probably. My biggest hope is that the growth isn't as exponential as it was before. Going from 300k at level 90 as a DPS to 700k at level 90 as a DPS near end game is stupid no matter how much you scale it. It doesn't matter if it's 6k at 100 going to 14k it's still an unreasonable inflation of stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    Lets not forget its alpha :P
    Yeah but realistically, Blizzard isn't going to squish it more anytime soon, I can't see them doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping if we ever get high numbers we would go to cata numbers high, not back to what we have right now, but i guess we can't have everything.
    let's hope what ever they wanted to do with this, is the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

they made the curve smooth again.

Before we had 1-60 in a linear prog and then exponentially

now this same linear prog is 1-90 and then exponentially.

There is a technical reason for Squish.

WoW is still a 32-bit based game, thus the max value limit it can process is 2,147,483,647 (AKA 2.147 billion).

Bosses would be incredibly problematic to scale since Thok the Bloodthirsty already has a health pool of 1,919,002,752(19.919 billion) AND the fight includes Thok healing for 10%(or 5% if you have the MS effect on him) every time he consumes 1 of the jailed mobs(not sure if he heals with the poison guy, but definitely with frost and fire). So during progress he had an effective health pool of 1,919,002,752 * 1.15 = 2,206,853,164.8 which is above the 32-bit max value. Also Garrosh is the same, you do way more damage to him than the 32-bit max value during the fight, but he heals every "few mins".

Unless WoW went full out 64-bit(which it will NEVER do because of the old engine and the amount of customers they would lose), they wouldn't have to squish the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idjits. Health is high, dps is low. Blizzard is NOT concerned, at all, with how high player health is, they are more concerned at the rate player DPS grows. If any dps manages to do more then 50k dps by the end of the expansion, I'll be shocked. (Celestalon has already said that, for Guardian druids at least, 1 mil HP will be a common figure)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

WoW is still a 32-bit based game, thus the max value limit it can process is 2,147,483,647 (AKA 2.147 billion).

Bosses would be incredibly problematic to scale since Thok the Bloodthirsty already has a health pool of 1,919,002,752(19.919 billion) AND the fight includes Thok healing for 10%(or 5% if you have the MS effect on him) every time he consumes 1 of the jailed mobs(not sure if he heals with the poison guy, but definitely with frost and fire). So during progress he had an effective health pool of 1,919,002,752 * 1.15 = 2,206,853,164.8 which is above the 32-bit max value. Also Garrosh is the same, you do way more damage to him than the 32-bit max value during the fight, but he heals every "few mins".

Unless WoW went full out 64-bit(which it will NEVER do because of the old engine and the amount of customers they would lose), they wouldn't have to squish the numbers.
    Isn't it wiser to keep the squish so low as possible, and not have people have same health as we have right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Idjits. Health is high, dps is low. Blizzard is NOT concerned, at all, with how high player health is, they are more concerned at the rate player DPS grows. If any dps manages to do more then 50k dps by the end of the expansion, I'll be shocked. (Celestalon has already said that, for Guardian druids at least, 1 mil HP will be a common figure)
    Nobble already did 100k crit without knowing what he did, bosses prob have alot of health too again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Being a 32-bit program, and using 32-bit integers, are completely different things. Using 32-bit integers for things like health, damage is what limits the maximum health value. Changing these to 64-bit values would cause a small increase in memory and CPU usage (we're talking like 10% at maximum) and absolutely would be possible, although it would require them to make changes throughout their whole code base, and likely take quite a bit of developer time.

Being a 32-bit program means that you use 32-bit integers for memory addresses, limiting the maximum memory to 2 GB. WoW already has a 64-bit version, which you are most likely using (it is now the default option). They do however still need to keep a 32-bit version to support older PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Newgate View Post
    Isn't it wiser to keep the squish so low as possible, and not have people have same health as we have right now?
    They more than doubled current health pools in comparison to remove the need for base resilience; 2 PvE geared players hitting each other, their damage is reduced by 65%(or whatever current value is) automatically without a single PvP gear on either player. In WoD you do your normal damage to players. So if you like seeing those super high hits in PvE, you can do so now once again(was like this in Wrath) in PvP.

Deleted
    Multiple registers.

Deleted
    The numbers are still too high. Resilience or not, still too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Multiple registers.
    Structs and some assemblers even allow you to directly create 10 bytes stuffs (just some other ways to do it).

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Multiple registers.
    Actually, many modern computers have 64-bit registers.