Deleted

I made 2 Diablo themed Heroes + Cards.

UPDATE: I've made a Monk class below:

Diablo was my favourite Blizzard game, pre hearthstone. For fun I made my 2 favourite characters into Heroes that would fit into hearthstone along with some cards! I posted this on reddit, I thought I'd share it here as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.

Tyrael - Album

Story/Fluff - Tyrael is the Archangel of Justice, his exploits in battle became the stuff of legend. He is somewhat of a Maverick being a stalwart defender of Sanctuary. He wields the sword El'druin which he can summon to him at anytime.

Leader of Champions - Being the founder and the 'leader' of many groups such as the Horadrim, he can call upon the champions and heroes of Diablo. I tried to include all the playable characters and even some npcs. They also aid him with some spell cards.

Synergisitc Minions - His minions also all work together aiding and protecting each other, forming an almost 'inpenetrable' defence. The more board control you get the stronger they become.

Copy of Paladin? - He has no healing cards and relies on keeping his minions alive. Many of his spells focus on protecting them even at the cost of sacrificing health to do so.

Buff ups - He has more buffs than normal. Many have double effects so he can wipe the board, draw cards etc. whilst simulatenously empowering his minions.

-----------------

Diablo Album

Story/Fluff - Al'Diabalos, the Lord of Terror, known more commonly as Diablo, is the youngest of the three Prime Evils as well as the main antagonist and title character of the Diablo game series, being its namesake. Amongst all demons known to humankind, he is considered the most powerful due to his ability to instill fear into the hearts of people with his name alone.

Demons- Similar to Warlock he has a tribal theme of Demon minions. This means the majority of his minions are demons and many spells interact specifcally with demons. Unlike the warlock thou he does willing sacrifice his life or discard cards, instead demons have powerful effects but wither away quickly when outliving their usefulness.

Iconic Characters - I tried to include as many of the bosses and terrifying minions you face in the game. As well as Diablos spells and abilities he uses against you. Remember Leoric and the Butcher? How about those annoying knights that cast Iron Maiden on you in Act 4, or his prime evil brothers in act 3 and 5!!

Destroy everything - Most spells hit everything with area of effects, including your own minions, which gives Diablo a unique deck design and approach to playing the game. There's still a wide variety so many deck types would be possible.

Enrage - His core minion speciality. Many minions benefit from being damaged, which combo's with his area of effect spells. Enrage isn't used much at all in other classes, except Grom. I found it perfect for the 'Hellish' theme.

2 Legendaries - I made 2 legendaries, this is so you can pick which one you prefer, one or the other. Conveniently there are exactly 2 other prime evils!
    Last edited by mmoca310f178b5; 2014-07-08 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, interesting. I'm too tired to see if it's unbalanced, so I'll refrain from commenting on that.

Diablo's double Legendary is interesting, especially since you can only chose to have 1..

Just a small note: The "heroes" you've given Tyrael is from D3, so that irks the D2 feel a bit.

Deleted
    Looks fun however I'm not sure you want to use a Vampire Lord (Oblivion Knight) from Heroes as a minion for Diablo.

Deleted
    The d2 art for minions is terrible I had to find the art from somewhere

I'm working on a Monk class now!

10+ Year Old Account
    So have you put in your application at Blizz yet? You should. I just watched Tyrael's vid and it's really good! Well thought out.

Though...this makes me sad now that Hearthstone doesn't have Blizz's three main properties in one game a la Heroes of the Storm

Deleted
    Cool looking...but not sure if ever getting implied.

Deleted
    Hearthstone: Heroes of Sanctuary INC?

Nice work Fulla!

I like the Tyrael one, seemed maybe a bit too much AoE, maybe change for some cleave stuff? deal 2 to all enemies-> deal 3 to 2 random?
    Also ended up watching your dk one, wouldn't "blood rune; +2 health" and "frost rune: +2 attack" make more sense?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

0/7 is what crusader felt like before they buffed it

Oh God why do people make everything into Youtube movies? This is not material for a clip. This is material for screenshots and some text. I want an overview, to be able to scroll back and forth between cards, to see the connection. Please just post the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Oh God why do people make everything into Youtube movies? This is not material for a clip. This is material for screenshots and some text. I want an overview, to be able to scroll back and forth between cards, to see the connection. Please just post the cards.
    click the link >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    There's a link just under the video with the cards.

Deleted
    I used to just do albums, but people would glance at it and scream imba, so I put them into vidoes msotly for fun and to explain my thoguhts behind it.

I've added a Monk class up there now as well. Hope it's everything you expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    With a link to an album pretty please?

Deleted
    Production value on these vids is great!

Deleted
    Yeah they do take a while! Here is the album: http://imgur.com/a/UQhev
    Last edited by mmoca310f178b5; 2014-07-07 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The monk deck is interesting. I'm not really sure how much you can truly be expected to pay for the "Meditate" bonuses, since they are delayed and your opponent can react and deal with the thread beforehand. I'm thinking about the same as Deathrattle effects (Around 1 mana).

Also, I'd suggest Giving Taran Tzu stealth to begin with, and reduce his health to 3, as with 4 health your opponent CAN deal with him, unless you just own the board, and even then 4 health is easy to get rid of.