10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, i just want my old character back. Thats all. Unboosted. Blizzard just cheats you here.
    No you don't. Admit it. You don't want that toon back. You just want to use it as leverage for your argument. Come on. Be a man and admit it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You lose what you paid for and then yanked the rug out from under. You lost what you upgraded. Maybe if you thought and didn't knee jerk react you wouldn't have had to worry about it. But you saw mount! You saw boost! You threw them your credit card number. This wasn't a trick. It was you being a sucker. Deal with your own problems instead of blaming Blizzard for them.
    But i am blaming blizzard if they cant make a full refund. A full refund includes the reset of a boosted character to the state it had before the boost. And blizzard isnt doing that. They just lock your character forever.

Once again they cheat their customers.

But i am blaming blizzard if they cant make a full refund. A full refund includes the reset of a boosted character to the state it had before the boost. And blizzard isnt doing that. They just lock your character forever.

You do not own the character. Blizzard does. Welcome to the agreements you made when you play this game. Your money only more or less rents you rights to the game and never any ownership. Not to any part of it. Even your characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No you don't. Admit it. You don't want that toon back. You just want to use it as leverage for your argument. Come on. Be a man and admit it.
    One of my boosted chars was my hunter i played in classic. I boosted it up to level 90 when i bought the expac.

Then i canceled my WOD purchase. My classic hunter with 250 days playtime got locked, without me having a chance to ever play it again.

I asked them to return the character to the former state, being level 81. They refused. They said i either have to buy a character boost or the expansion again.

This, sir, are the business habits of this fraudulent company you defend so much. They cheat their customers.

This is the truth about "you get a full refund". You dont. Blizzard acts unfair.

10+ Year Old Account

You don't own your toons. You know that correct? They can't refund you on something you don't own. When you get a refund, you're getting back everything and returning what you bought. You paid for an expac. When you use a boosted toon, that's part of the expac. FULL REFUND BOOO YEAH!!!!

you are the worst.

Any ingame currency you have accumulated on your account belongs to blizzard, including any characters and services you may have purchased for real money since forever.

And they are free to do with it what they want, and that includes taking back boosts from people trying to game the system by preordering to reap the benefits, and then canceling their preorder.

Just be glad they didn't outright delete your boosted character, they would be well within their rights to do so.

People crying about WOD is like a kid getting promised ice cream. Mom's car breaks down. Kid still throws a fit because he didn't get ice cream.
    Stuff happens. It's life. You want the game out faster or do you want to wait 4 more months for a new model for 1 race and whatever other things people are crying about? Lol. There will actually be *gasp* more content in future patches. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

One of my boosted chars was my hunter i played in classic. I boosted it up to level 90 when i bought the expac.

Then i canceled my WOD purchase. My classic hunter with 250 days playtime got locked, without me having a chance to ever play it again.

I asked them to return the character to the former state, being level 81. They refused. They said i either have to buy a character boost or the expansion again.

This, sir, are the business habits of this fraudulent company you defend so much. They cheat their customers.

This is the truth about "you get a full refund". You dont. Blizzard acts unfair.
    Blizzard owns your account. And your soul. You merely rent from them. They can literally close your account forever right now and not give you a reason. It's theirs. Not yours.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    You don't own your toons. You know that correct?
    Correct. It's still unfair. Blizzard is acting not correct here. They punish you for canceling a WoD prepurchase.

You get a refund, but your char that was boosted, gets locked.

Thats what i am trying to show: Blizzard is an unfair, greedy company, that wont let you leave in peace. They cheat you whenever they got the chance. They are one of the worst gaming companies around.

10+ Year Old Account

Where is the fraud? You don't own that toon. You know that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. It's still unfair. Blizzard is acting not correct here. They punish you for canceling a WoD prepurchase.

You get a refund, but your char that was boosted, gets locked.
    It's not unfair. You're getting back what you own, and giving back what they own. You don't own those toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to stay out of here as much as possible, but I felt that this might need to be mentioned.

Maybe Blizzard just doesn't have the architecture to simply "un-boost" your character? You get flying, gold, a new gear set and levels. I'm sure there are other things that change within your character, but all of this can't be reset with the push of a button. By agreeing to the ToS, you agreed that Blizzard still has control over the account so making your own rules and mindset for what a refund represents isn't their fault. By how you worded the scenario, it seems like you had every intention of refunding Warlords of Draenor after using the boost. Even if you didn't, this can't be blamed on anyone but yourself. Think carefully before spending money next time. The value of a dollar goes a long way. If you're hesitant to purchase something, you probably shouldn't purchase it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Maybe Blizzard just doesn't have the architecture to simply "un-boost" your character?
    Should that be my concern? I am a customer, and if i want a refund, it means i want to revert the complete package. This includes the character boost to 90.

Why should i care about blizzards architecture? And why didnt they implement a proper refund as they surely know that people sometimes cancel prepaid packages?

Once again: They willingly punish customers if they dare to ask for a refund.

My consequence from this is: Never prepurchase anything from them again. They will cheat you if you ever would have the need to cancel the prepurchase.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-08-02 at 08:52 PM.

Maybe you should have thought about that before applying a boost obtained from the purchase of a product that was not fully developed yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Should that be my concern? I am a customer, and if i want a refund, it means i want to revert the complete package. This includes the character boost to 90.

Why should i care about blizzards architecture? And why didnt they implement a proper refund as they surely know that people sometimes cancel prepaid packages?

Once again: They willingly punish customers if they dare to ask for a refund.

My consequence from this is: Never prepurchase anything from them again. They will cheat you if you ever would have the need to cancel the prepurchase.
    You're now missing the point. These people aren't defending blizzard, they're telling you that you fucked up and your stance is twisted and bitter.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account

Why should i care about blizzards architecture? And why didnt they implement a proper refund as they surely know that people sometimes cancel prepaid packages.
    Yes, it should be your concern. You are involved as much as they are involved. They gave you the money you spent back, but unfortunately the service you used could not be fully returned since you used it.

The same concept applies here. You purchased something and used their service. Since you used their service, they have to lock the service after giving you your money back.

I've had to apply the same method at one of my old jobs, in which a customer decided they didn't want to pay for the remaining bill (or wanted a refund) after a service was completed- so we held onto their computer until they forked up the money. Yes, its their property but we already applied the service to it. You made the choice when you applied the Character Boost and then wanted a refund. They have to hold onto their service that they provided until you want to repurchase that service. The only difference is, everything you are using is their property. Its completely logical.

Alas, if you have any further complaints- I suggest contacting Blizzard about that. No one here will be able to help you even if they sympathize with you.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2014-08-02 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    You're now missing the point. These people aren't defending blizzard, they're telling you that you fucked up and your stance is twisted and bitter.
    I fucked up by daring to ask for a refund?

And by undoing my purchase completely?

Is it that what you want to say me?

- - - Updated - - -

The same concept applies here. You purchased something and used their service. Since you used their service, they have to lock the service after giving you your money back.
    The correct solution would be to restore the old character before the character boost. Thats my point here. Infact i havent "eaten anything up". Blizzard lost nothing when the boost was done. The only thing they had to do was to backup my character as the pre boosted version, as there always is the chance people want a refund. Next time they probably should include that in their concept.

But hey, it is blizzard, we are talking about, isnt it? They dont do proper concepts, as WoD shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Alas, if you have any further complaints- I suggest contacting Blizzard about that. No one here will be able to help you even if they sympathize with you.
    I am not interested in any contacts with that company anymore. Believe me.

proposed =/= promised.

So many Blizzdrones...also gg @ devs replying to copypasta on the official forums. B8 of the century right there.

I fucked up by daring to ask for a refund?

And by undoing my purchase completely?

Is it that what you want to say me?

- - - Updated - - -

The correct solution would be to restore the old character before the character boost. Thats my point here. Infact i havent "eaten anything up". Blizzard lost nothing when the boost was done. The only thing they had to do was to backup my character as the pre boosted version, as there always is the chance people want a refund. Next time they probably should include that in their concept.

But hey, it is blizzard, we are talking about, isnt it? They dont do proper concepts, as WoD shows.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not interested in any contacts with that company anymore. Believe me.

Just make yourself feel better by crying in here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to each their own I suppose. I am in the Beta and I thoroughly enjoy Warlords of Draenor. I think its very refreshing and a couple steps in the right direction. I've done all of the Heroic 5-man's and loved each and every one of them. Leveling felt fluid and the quests/story were quite great. Garrisons weren't a daily quest hub and offered something different to do outside of the 'grind' you would find elsewhere. I had no problems with my experiences, but that is just me.

Deleted
    I am not interested in any contacts with that company anymore. Believe me. If i ever should play their games again, i will only buy them if i surely know what they released, and if i am happy with what they have to offer. I have no reason at all to believe in anything blizzard is talking about until the product is really released. And i am surely not interested in having any conversation with their company representatives anymore.

For me, blizzard is one of the most disgusting gaming companies i ever bought products from. There is nothing good about them.