Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Just think, if gamers stopped preordering unfinished games or stopped paying a monthly sub during the long droughts on nothing, buggy/broken content, shit server stability, etc etc, game companies may actually start delivering games that are actually worth the price and wait time. Im not only talking about wow either.
    Completely agree with this, everyone seems to complain but no one does anything about it. You have the power, stop paying for it and they will fix all the issues i promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Bigger question is how does someone not perceive it as a promise. A promise is an assurance which was given at Blizzcon about the main cities. If I told you something for months, you would believe it. It's a bait and switch plain and simple.
    Biggest question is how can people be surprised when stuff get changed, when they are very often very clear at Blizzcon that nothing is set in stone and things can and will change before a release.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    Snip

-client code for garrison cash shop functionality discovered, quickly removed along with tweet mentioning it from cory stockton
    Wait what? I missed this, can anyone fill me in?

Anaxie, while I do agree with most of your refutations—supporting extra difficulties as actual "content"(and not in the lawyerspeak sense that Blizzard would have you use)is asinine.

Not to mention the fact that our bases will still be generic human/orc forts rather than Karabor and Bladespire Citadel which look several times more epic which you didn't address.

Nor did you address the fact that garrisons have gone down the toilet.

Blizzards design philosophy with WoW is to try to bite off more than they can chew, then figure out what they can actually deliver.

Its been like this since.... vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Communism View Post
    Do you feel the same way when a movie trailer is released and all they show is the action, do you start complaining about all the dialogue and character development and other things besides the action that appear?
    this is a great point. how many times have you seen a movie trailer with an awesome looking scene just to find out that whole scene was cut out of the movie before release? i know i've seen that happen many times. do you go ask for a refund cause that scene was in the movie? NO. do you throw a temper tantrum? NO. you enjoy the movie and move on with your life.

i trust blizzard to make a good xpac and from what i've seen in the alpha/beta streams so far, it looks pretty awesome. everyone needs to stop making so many judgements on how much or how little content WoD has until the actually play it. we've all heard the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover." same applies here. not every feature that they announce early on is gunna make it in the game. thats how development works. you add things, you remove things, you change things. its not the end of the freakin world. yeah it seems like they are removing more than they're adding but you still have no idea how it will play out.

when the game is out and there is absolutely nothing for you to do or the game sucks then you can complain. until then just shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    this is a great point. how many times have you seen a movie trailer with an awesome looking scene just to find out that whole scene was cut out of the movie before release? i know i've seen that happen many times. do you go ask for a refund cause that scene was in the movie? NO. do you throw a temper tantrum? NO. you enjoy the movie and move on with your life.

i trust blizzard to make a good xpac and from what i've seen in the alpha/beta streams so far, it looks pretty awesome. everyone needs to stop making so many judgements on how much or how little content WoD has until the actually play it. we've all heard the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover." same applies here. not every feature that they announce early on is gunna make it in the game. thats how development works. you add things, you remove things, you change things. its not the end of the freakin world. yeah it seems like they are removing more than they're adding but you still have no idea how it will play out.

when the game is out and there is absolutely nothing for you to do or the game sucks then you can complain. until then just shut up.
    Movie you see for a few hours =/= video game that you may spend months on.

Terrible comparison and that maturity in telling people to shut up rather than speak their minds. Is this pre-revolution America?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    People who use that argument are going to have a very hard time in life when they realize a promise is easily broken as something that isn't promised.

They'll grow up and figure it out. That's life.
    And soon companies will grow up and realize that consumers are sick and tired of bait and switch tactics to presale games. Did you really just use this argument to defend a billion dollar gaming company??? LOL

You people need to stop babying Blizzard and talking to their customers like they are a 10 year old who didn't get to go to Disney World. You SHOULD expect more! Other games do MORE. Still having fun in SoO???

Quote Originally Posted by Yukionna View Post
    And soon companies will grow up and realize that consumers are sick and tired of bait and switch tactics to presale games. Did you really just use this argument to defend a billion dollar gaming company??? LOL

You people need to stop babying Blizzard and talking to their customers like they are a 10 year old who didn't get to go to Disney World. You SHOULD expect more! Other games do MORE. Still having fun in SoO???
    It kinda baffles me how people defend false advertising and tell us that we should be okay with it. I guess the current video game industry is something we deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Stop brown nosing these developers, they screwed a lot of people over.
    I always laugh when people equate 'changes to a video game I play' to being screwed over. I'm as annoyed with the Karabor/Ashran change as anyone - but just because they've changed their design doesn't mean they've screwed you over. That's childish.

Believe me I was pissed when they announced this. But I didn't take it personally because it isn't personal. As much as I hate the change (and believe me, I effing hate it) it isn't a slap in the face or a personal attack, a broken promise or anything else. Its an annoying modification to the design of an expansion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Because the game promised little and is delivering nothing. The very few "features" of warlords that were announced at Blizzcon are being cut. What is the purpose of this expansion? What are the features? A new continent? Stat squish? That's it.

-Black Temple and Frostwolf keep no longer hub cities, just quest locations you visit once.
    -New faction cities are copy pastes of the 4.1 krasarang wilds faction bases in ashran, an island in bumfuck nowhere
    -Garrisons only in one zone now, no longer customization, no longer lets you name npcs, no longer has skill boosts, is just a daily quest hub phased to you.
    -average class goes from 40 spells to 7
    -no new skeletons or animations, literally every creature in the expansion is a remodelled creature.
    -portions of entire zones are copy pasted from the BC devset
    -the rest are not flying compatible and have 2d jpg mountains -now you know why shamans had far sight and hunters had eagle vision removed.
    -now only 4 dungeons from level 90-100
    -client code for garrison cash shop functionality discovered, quickly removed along with tweet mentioning it from cory stockton
    -less raid content at launch than any expansion
    -less dungeons than cataclysm had in PATCHES
    -story is a barely canon side timeline alternate dimension just to give another enemy to fight while trying to lure in veterans with nostalgia and a 'veterans first!" beta access program
    -almost all CC removed in pvp. totally removed in pve
    -adding healing and tanking npcs in quests
    -Heirloom and tabard storage tab just cut until "later"
    -replacing quests with "dynamic, interactive world experiences" that appear once and when you do them disappear leaving huge swathes of zones empty.
    -new models have a single face and the cosmetic choices in almost every model but undead simply adds a new texture to said single face.
    -80% of announcements from blizzcon for the expansion are confirmed cut or extremely truncated in some way.

Literally everything cool that was shown at Blizzcon to hype people for the expansion were lies, and that's why people are upset.
    This post is so hopelessly, incredulously full of shit that I am staggered. I salute Anaxie for having the patience to address your vast wall of stupid, hyperbolic misinformation.

Please stop posting until you are mature enough to spare other people such overwhelming degrees of ignorance.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-06-28 at 06:25 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    You are implying that showing trailers for a game saying, "NEW FEATURE X" or having a panels at blizzcon explaining new additions to the expansion aren't promises? Writing blog entries like "Warlords of Draenor UI improvements" showcasing things like the hierloom tab and then just going back on your word later isn't lying? Furthermore, that people shouldn't feel lied to when the product advertised turns out nothing like it was originally sold to them?
    Remember the glorious Alien Colonial Marines? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    The game is dang expensive for a video game. Calling people "greedy" for wanting to get their money's worth when they're not is the only mind boggling thing I'm seeing in this thread.
    Not to mention they were promised stuff.
    "next expansion will have A, B and C" then it releases with only one of them. Its false advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Remember the glorious Alien Colonial Marines? :P
    That game that shall not be named......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I just get this feeling that with all the cuts that there making the game is def going to get shipped at sooner then later.
    Im honestly at a loss for all the hate for the new caps that were getting? I understand why people wanted the other ones but like they said its still going to be populated all thats not going to be there is a banker and portals and auctioneer. so with that being said i dont see any reason people wont still hang out there

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You are so jaded

Effortlessly refuted every single point. The complaints about dungeons and raids was particularly laughable.
    hey anaxie, i think i know you. are garrisons the new capital city?

ironically enough, i agree with everything you said here which is the complete opposite of how i feel in twitch chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Actually if you take inflation into account then you are actually paying less for your monthly subscription than you were in 2004 :-)
    Do you seriously need to give Blizzard any ideas, seriously they will do this. Probably $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeram View Post
    I just get this feeling that with all the cuts that there making the game is def going to get shipped at sooner then later.
    What is the date of Blizzcon again? Because I have a gut feeling right at the end of it they go....and now you can get WOD from your local game store.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    completely agree. i wish blizzard would just keep their mouths shut from now on until the xpac is released and the alpha/beta should have a strict NDA too. this way the complainers won't know what was taken out or never added.

when features are announced so early into production anything can happen. i hate when people get upset because something didn't work out.
    I think the thought there is 'lets hype up whats to come, and even if we don't meet that hype, we're at least get the players hooked and still subbed'
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    What's the source on this? I thought I had followed WoD development rather carefully, we all know it's coming at some point (probably first patch after people are attached to their garrisons) but I didn't think it had been discovered already?

It is truly amazing to me how much fury the internet can muster about things like this. This, and any other similar product, are pure luxuries of entertainment. How charmed a life we lead that the changes in expected content of a game seem to be among the worst thing many of us have ever experienced.