Page 1 of 108
... LastLast

"Promised content"

How do people come up with this shit? Why do people take announced pre-alpha features as something they are promised, that they deserve? What an entitled, childish way to view things. I keep seeing this thrown around, and seeing the latest bout of it just forces me to furiously ask WHY?

This game attracts some of the most greedy assholes I've ever seen. It's mind boggling. They don't owe you a thing! You are the one who decides to pay them! It's a fucking video game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

EDIT: thanks blizzard for acknowledging my post. also mylo is gay. You claim things are not true yet most of it is true to an extent. I stand by my claims

Because the game promised little and is delivering nothing. The very few "features" of warlords that were announced at Blizzcon are being cut. What is the purpose of this expansion? What are the features? A new continent? Stat squish? That's it.

-Black Temple and Frostwolf keep no longer hub cities, just quest locations you visit once.
    -New faction cities are copy pastes of the 4.1 krasarang wilds faction bases in ashran, an island in bumfuck nowhere
    -Garrisons only in one zone now, no longer customization, no longer lets you name npcs, no longer has skill boosts, is just a daily quest hub phased to you.
    -average class goes from 40 spells to 7
    -no new skeletons or animations, literally every creature in the expansion is a remodelled creature.
    -portions of entire zones are copy pasted from the BC devset
    -the rest are not flying compatible and have 2d jpg mountains -now you know why shamans had far sight and hunters had eagle vision removed.
    -now only 4 dungeons from level 90-100
    -client code for garrison cash shop functionality discovered, quickly removed along with tweet mentioning it from cory stockton
    -less raid content at launch than any expansion
    -less dungeons than cataclysm had in PATCHES
    -story is a barely canon side timeline alternate dimension just to give another enemy to fight while trying to lure in veterans with nostalgia and a 'veterans first!" beta access program
    -almost all CC removed in pvp. totally removed in pve
    -adding healing and tanking npcs in quests
    -Heirloom and tabard storage tab just cut until "later"
    -replacing quests with "dynamic, interactive world experiences" that appear once and when you do them disappear leaving huge swathes of zones empty.
    -new models have a single face and the cosmetic choices in almost every model but undead simply adds a new texture to said single face.
    -80% of announcements from blizzcon for the expansion are confirmed cut or extremely truncated in some way.

Literally everything cool that was shown at Blizzcon to hype people for the expansion were lies, and that's why people are upset.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-08-01 at 01:54 PM.

The game is dang expensive for a video game. Calling people "greedy" for wanting to get their money's worth when they're not is the only mind boggling thing I'm seeing in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    How do people come up with this shit? Why do people take announced pre-alpha features as something they are promised, that they deserve? What an entitled, childish way to view things. I keep seeing this thrown around, and seeing the latest bout of it just forces me to furiously ask WHY?

This game attracts some of the most greedy assholes I've ever seen. It's mind boggling. They don't owe you a thing! You are the one who decides to pay them! It's a fucking video game!
    I agree on some parts, and disagree on others.

We pay for a game and a subscription fee, so there are things I feel like we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    Because the game promised little and is delivering nothing. The very few "features" of warlords that were announced at Blizzcon are being cut. What is the purpose of this expansion? What are the features? A new continent? Stat squish? That's it.

-Black Temple and Frostwolf keep no longer hub cities, just quest locations you visit once.
    -New faction cities are copy pastes of the 4.1 krasarang wilds faction bases in ashran, an island in bumfuck nowhere
    -Garrisons only in one zone now, no longer customization, no longer lets you name npcs, no longer has skill boosts, is just a daily quest hub phased to you.
    -average class goes from 40 spells to 7
    -no new skeletons or animations, literally every creature in the expansion is a remodelled creature.
    -portions of entire zones are copy pasted from the BC devset
    -the rest are not flying compatible and have 2d jpg mountains -now you know why shamans had far sight and hunters had eagle vision removed.
    -now only 4 dungeons from level 90-100
    -client code for garrison cash shop functionality discovered, quickly removed along with tweet mentioning it from cory stockton
    -less raid content at launch than any expansion
    -less dungeons than cataclysm had in PATCHES
    -story is a barely canon side timeline alternate dimension just to give another enemy to fight while trying to lure in veterans with nostalgia and a 'veterans first!" beta access program
    -almost all CC removed in pvp. totally removed in pve
    -adding healing and tanking npcs in quests
    -Heirloom and tabard storage tab just cut until "later"
    -replacing quests with "dynamic, interactive world experiences" that appear once and when you do them disappear leaving huge swathes of zones empty.
    -new models have a single face and the cosmetic choices in almost every model but undead simply adds a new texture to said single face.
    -80% of announcements from blizzcon for the expansion are confirmed cut or extremely truncated in some way.
    Now go and tell me the time Blizzard mentioned 'WE PROMISE THIS FEATURE WILL BE IN!'

Quote Originally Posted by Communism View Post
    Now go and tell me the time Blizzard mentioned 'WE PROMISE THIS FEATURE WILL BE IN!'
    You are implying that showing trailers for a game saying, "NEW FEATURE X" or having a panels at blizzcon explaining new additions to the expansion aren't promises? Writing blog entries like "Warlords of Draenor UI improvements" showcasing things like the hierloom tab and then just going back on your word later isn't lying? Furthermore, that people shouldn't feel lied to when the product advertised turns out nothing like it was originally sold to them?
    Last edited by Oholyknight; 2014-06-28 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    You are implying that showing trailers for a game saying, "NEW FEATURE X" or having a panels at blizzcon explaining new additions to the expansion aren't promises? And that people shouldn't' feel lied to when the product advertised turns out nothing like it was originally sold to them?
    You know when things such as fights air on Pay Per View say 'card subject to change' - That's what I view trailers/etc as when announced, who knows what may come up that doesn't get implemented due to sudden change in design/view of the feature once implemented. Karabor/Bladespire situation for example, the team felt as though it wasn't the right way to go about it.

Nothing was fucking 'promised' ever. Get over yourselves.

System changes, new continent, new raids are all a well polished game like WoW needs. This other shit is all fluff.

You can't sell preorders based on the hype train then get annoyed when people want the features you hyped up.

Blizzard either need to stop playing up the expansion so much years in advance of development or they need to sort their development cycle out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

System changes, new continent, new raids are all a well polished game like WoW needs. This other shit is all fluff.
    The fluff is the best part.

Price goes up, content goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

They can change things and its fine if they have their reasons and after all its their game. What annoys me though is the fact that the expac is $60 with barely anything in it and I may not buy it but thats just me i cant speak for everyone else, but the problem is that if people dont question it they will keep delivering less and charge you more, infact they might add cash shop stuff for garrison which was suppose to be part of the $60 content you payed for which you are paying $15 a month to play. I mean I just wont play it, so its fine and im not going to tell other people not to, they can do whatever they want, but if you bought chocolate and you got shit instead sometimes its OK to tell them that you got shit and not the chocolate you paid for no matter how much you love them as a company and how much you love the game.

No gaming content is promised..ever...if they say I promise, then they are making a mistake
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Actually if you take inflation into account then you are actually paying less for your monthly subscription than you were in 2004 :-)
    Basically this, I don't mean to defend Blizzard at every turn, but I for one am glad that the only price increases since 2004 has been $10 on an expansion, if they took inflation into account we would be paying $18 a month in subscription.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Actually if you take inflation into account then you are actually paying less for your monthly subscription than you were in 2004 :-)
    I really wish people would give the inflation crap a rest. Name me one MMO past or current that has raised price due to inflation......

Ontopic: Sorry but if you show content within a trailer or on a panel at a big live event "Like blizzcon" then to me you are making a promis that the game will have said content.

The stunt Ubisoft pulled with Watch_Dogs when it came to graphics applys here as well. Blizzard is now doing the same stunt with WOD. Its already bad enough that WOD is lacking "So far" in content and yet they have removed even some little things.

They are killing there own hype for WOD and its already starting to feel like a repeat of cata. Lots of Hype lots of "Promised shit" and yet nothing gets delivered.

WOD's biggest selling points to me is the garrsons.....and they already shitted on it.

/My 2 Cents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Basically this, I don't mean to defend Blizzard at every turn, but I for one am glad that the only price increases since 2004 has been $10 on an expansion, if they took inflation into account we would be paying $18 a month in subscription.
    If they took inflation into account then the game would die.

NO MMO EVER has went up in price due to inflation. As a matter of fact a lot of things have gotten cheaper for MMO's like server cost.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    This is some serious brown nosing.
    Blizzard have hyped up so much for the last few months, and in that time have cut out the things they hyped up. The playerbases disdain for the developers is perfectly justified, don't give me any of this 'don't act entitled' crap, its blizzard who hyped it up and then cut half what was promised.

How would you feel if you paid to see a singer on stage, you waited months to see it, struggled to get there and get squashed in with the crowd, and then when you expect to get what you paid for and waited months to see, someone comes on stage saying due to budget cuts and time frame, said singer can only do one song, and the rest of the concert will have guys you've never even heard of before singing?

Or how about you pay for a tour of a famous place like the White house or the Palace of Versailles, only for the tour to be cut five minutes in and told there is a fire practice and you need to leave, no refunds.

People are entitled to be pissed off here, especially when they've paid their due to blizzard for the things they've hyped up. They begun selling digital copies of the expansion while they were still hyping its content, only now saying that content won't be what they said it was.

Stop brown nosing these developers, they screwed a lot of people over.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Didn't people post extensive guides on how to return your pre-order? I am sure "This is not waht you promiesed me" is a valid point. If in fact they did promise anything.
    A lot of those people have gone though hell to get there refund as well. Having to send them a photo of ur ID is stupid as hell when lots have done it via credit/debt card and the money can just be sent back to there banks.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really wish people would give the inflation crap a rest. Name me one MMO past or current that has raised price due to inflation......

Ontopic: Sorry but if you show content within a trailer or on a panel at a big live event "Like blizzcon" then to me you are making a promis that the game will have said content.

The stunt Ubisoft pulled with Watch_Dogs when it came to graphics applys here as well. Blizzard is now doing the same stunt with WOD. Its already bad enough that WOD is lacking "So far" in content and yet they have removed even some little things.

They are killing there own hype for WOD and its already starting to feel like a repeat of cata. Lots of Hype lots of "Promised shit" and yet nothing gets delivered.

/My 2 Cents.

- - - Updated - - -

If they took inflation into account then the game would die.

NO MMO EVER has went up in price due to inflation. As a matter of fact a lot of things have gotten cheaper for MMO's like server cost.
    Once again, please mention the time Blizzard mentioned the word Promise in stuff at Blizzcon as you suggest, or in this case bend to your will.

Regardless of where something was shown, they never promised it. Don't go assuming like most seem to that it is 'promised' - It will save you hurt in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    You can't sell preorders based on the hype train then get annoyed when people want the features you hyped up.

Blizzard either need to stop playing up the expansion so much years in advance of development or they need to sort their development cycle out.
    This is spot on. Making pre-rendered videos pimping the 'awesome sauce stuff you can do' in the expansion so you can sell $60 Pre-Orders (or even the what $85 one with the mount?) then cutting those features is a bait and switch. Luckily for Blizzard the majority are apathetic and will not say anything about these things. But that's just my feelings on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Communism View Post
    Once again, please mention the time Blizzard mentioned the word Promise in stuff at Blizzcon as you suggest, or in this case bend to your will.

Regardless of where something was shown, they never promised it. Don't go assuming like most seem to that it is 'promised' - It will save you hurt in the long run.
    Once again you ignored the part where I said "If you show it on a panel at a live event and its in a TRAILER" then your are promising it. Sorry this applys to all game companys.

Watch_Dogs was showed to look fucken amazing at many demo events and its live release did not live up to that. Therefor they lied to me. Blizzard said at Blizzcon that those gones would be main citys for people and you would be able to change how your garrson looks. Now they arnt and you cant. Along with other things as well.

If you show content within a trailer its a promis sorry but thats how I see it. If your using said content to raise hype just to remove it later then your a dick and not welcome to my money for lying.

If Skyrim showed you fighting a dragon and the live release didn't have any dragons in it at all wouldn't you be pissed?