Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Unhappy World of Failcraft: Name Them!

Edit: The title was supposed the be 'Failcraft'. Damn you, auto correct!

I've been camping Arcturis for 7 and a half hours now, watching Aliens while I wait.

4 minutes ago, at 9:32, he spawned.

I instantly laid down my freezing the trap, put Tame Beast on my hotbar, and to slow his approach; I right clicked him, intending to use concussive shot to slow his approach.

My bow auto attacked.

He died.

@#%&!!!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Your stories of failure?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch mate, but I've been there. Had a wee little twink, wanted the rare spider in Elwynn. Took an 80 with
    me just in case I had troubles with it... We waltz into the cave, head to the back, round the corner
    to the spider's hideout and BAM the 80 right clicked it and killed it dead. Damn thing took a day and a half to respawn.

I've got tons more, I'm sure everyone does LOL but I need more coffee myself before I can relive my epic failure moments xD.

I ran right past Magmaw once and fell into the lava.

I went a few too many attempts on heroic spoils before realizing my enhance trinkets somehow found their way on me.

And then I didn't realize my gear broke while we were doing heroic Paragons once, and we were sitting there trying to figure out why I died in aim so quickly. In my defensive, I never had my gear break while using ElvUI until then, I didn't know it wouldn't give me some icon except the durability percentage near the text box.

Nitro boosts, died to fall damage as a Mage since I expected a parachute. Didn't get a parachute. Splat. Oh well.
    Last edited by Nacly; 2014-06-29 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One glorious week in early Mists my autorun and dismount buttons were next to eachother. I kept fat fingering my buttons and going splat (or almost splat), and I kept it in place stubbornly thinking I'd get used to it and not do it anymore. After about 3 days I'd spent the whole day not doing it, untill late in the evening, when I did it 3 times just from doing the rounds for professions/farm. That's when I gave up and changed buttons so my dismount is next to my mount buttons so it will never, EVER happen again.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda a bit of fail

Selling PVp pants rather than deing them on my monk, or forgetting I have growl on my hunt

Deleted
    Flying into the wrong shrine when switching from horde to alliance character Like every freaking time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healthstone next to my Ra-sha's dagger. Killed myself mid-fight on Heroic Lei Shen progression..while tanking. Also during heroic Tortos progression, while healing, I HoP'd the main tank by accident. Still killed it that attempt though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Flying into the wrong shrine when switching from horde to alliance character Like every freaking time.
    I can't tell you how many times i've done that -__-
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

I used to have a thing for jumping off high places on my priest and levitating across the map. I once tried this at Fordragon Hold after completing Wrathgate...only to learn that the Serenity buff Alexstrasza gives there is a pacify effect. Oops.

I survived (barely) and then proceeded to try to heal myself afterward...only to remember again that I was still under the effects of Serenity. /facepalm.
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    First, however, I must escape the clutches of the evil warlock Chris Metzonius of Blizzardonia. Only then may I return to Azeroth and smite the Horde with righteous fury!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've jumped off my mount to intervene a guildie... SPLAT!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    this, soo much

and not finding anything in og -.-

I like to hang out in Acherus on my death knight while I'm in queue. Me being me, I jump around like an idiot, because let's face it, the male troll jump animation rules, and jumping around makes me feel more elite.

Anyway, Cataclysm happened four years ago, and to this day I still have a knack for accidentally jumping over the rails, or falling to my death.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Deleted
    Weapon broke mid fight while tanking heroic Rag. Pretended nothing happened and just told my raid leader to watch his threat after he complained about getting aggro right after the phase 4 transition.

Also, I was known in my guild to sometimes accidentally still have feral gear on while dpsing as boomkin. On our Feng Accursed heroic kill I did a whopping 10k dps because of it. Same with pvp gear to cut down on preparation time. I solely use it for the 4 piece set bonus so I can channel AC on the move. Several times I forgot to swap back to my normal gear on several heroic attempts on bosses in ToT and SoO.

Then again, doesn't beat our paladin healer back in ToT on heroic Horridon who ate a pink dinosaur two times on the same attempt because he uses crusader strike to generate additional holy power.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2014-06-30 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Weapon broke mid fight while tanking heroic Rag. Pretended nothing happened and just told my raid leader to watch his threat after he complained about getting aggro right after the phase 4 transition.
    Our rogue's off-hand dagger broke during Madness, so he equipped the Skinning Knife. We still downed him.

All hail the Skinning Knife.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back during Burning Crusade, shortly after I started playing, I wanted to learn how to use guns on my main. Her being a draenei, that meant going from Exodar to Ironforge, through the Wetlands. I thought I'd better avoid the obstacle, so I tried to find a spot where I could do some clever series of jumps alongside the sea border of Dun Morogh. Of course, I didn't find any, so I swam further and further south, scouting the coastline in detail...
    Until I hit Westfall.
    There I shrugged, ran to Stormwind - did I mention that I didn't have a mount yet back then? - then took the Deeprun tram to Ironforge, and I indeed did learn something over there...
    Paladins can't use guns.

Had my tanking weapon break during an Algalon 25 attempt, didn't have any other 1h weps except for TF so i equipped it hoping no one would notice - then the proc happened and everyone noticed. 5% wipe that attempt, Good times.
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

15+ Year Old Account
    Charged a mob that has been hovering over nothing (at edge of Shadowmoon Valley) and fell down. Had to spirit res.

When leveling I always forget which faction I am playing and run into the hostile faction's settlements, NPCs killing me quickly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Edit: The title was supposed the be 'Failcraft'. Damn you, auto correct!

I've been camping Arcturis for 7 and a half hours now, watching Aliens while I wait.

4 minutes ago, at 9:32, he spawned.

I instantly laid down my freezing the trap, put Tame Beast on my hotbar, and to slow his approach; I right clicked him, intending to use concussive shot to slow his approach.

My bow auto attacked.

He died.

@#%&!!!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Your stories of failure?
    So many hunter right click fails in our raids. When will you learn?!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    So many hunter right click fails in our raids. When will you learn?!
    i prepare ahead, i turn my back towards the boss so i dont misclick

7+ Year Old Account
    Double rolling on wind Bridge on monk tank during ToT progression.