Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hunter Community/IRC chat

Is there a hunter version of theincbear/sonofalich? I recently swapped from my bear to hunter for WoD and from what I can tell there seems to be a lack of a central community site that some other classes have.

Sort of an addition to that, is there a hunter IRC chat?

No, but we need one, these forums end up being our IRC chat, and my stream chat when it's up.

Deleted
    Someone, make one!

mIRC is pretty old school, if that's what we're referring to...

We're referring to an IRC chat. mIRC is just a program you can use to connect to IRC servers/chats.

Try this until you guys decide on a setup?

irc.freenode.net
    #hunterscope

How exactly do you set one up? I'm generally in the MMO-C IRC which is on QuakeNet, and mIRC doesn't seem to have the option to connect to multiple servers, unless I'm just missing it.

- - - Updated - - -

NVM, I'm googling it.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone be creative and come up with a name for it.

#BeastCleaves

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    #BeastCleaves
    He specifically said be creative, Azor. I vote for #Hunter.

You guys are awful. Like, Sonofalich is an amazing name for the DK channel. Come on.

#HunterCommunitySlashIRCChatServerChannel

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    #HunterCommunitySlashIRCChatServerChannel
    I think we'll get in trouble with the copyright laws for that one.

Come to think of it, hunterscope would've been better as a magazine or newspaper.

Can someone walk me through IRC? Or we can just use a mumble server

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Can someone walk me through IRC? Or we can just use a mumble server
    You can use a web-based IRC client and make it super simple. Try Kiwi IRC.
    https://kiwiirc.com/client

Type in your name, then the channel (starts with a # or ##). Then click the little drop down menu with "Server and network." It should be irc.freenode.net by default, but if the channel you're joining isn't on freenode then you have to change it.

For example, to log on the one I posted above, all you have to do is put in your name in the name spot and #hunterscope in the channel spot.

#wehuntforranks
    #glaivetossdoesmoredpsinmelee
    #fuckingPROCstupidTEDtrinket
    #BeastialDesires
    #fuckMD

Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post

Type in your name, then the channel (starts with a # or ##). Then click the little drop down menu with "Server and network." It should be irc.freenode.net by default, but if the channel you're joining isn't on freenode then you have to change it.

For example, to log on the one I posted above, all you have to do is put in your name in the name spot and #hunterscope in the channel spot.
    Woot! You get a cookie from me being too lazy at googling

download an IRC client. Pick a server (in this case QuakeNet). Join a channel, which starts with the hashtag. Then....chat? It's basically a set of user-created chat rooms. DKs have one where people can come and talk to DK theorycrafters etc to get answers to simple questions. It's less obtrusive than getting a mumble server, is free (unless you pay for a client), and doesn't have unreasonably low caps.

MMO-C has an IRC chat already, at #mmo-champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post

Oh, I should mention that kiwi is also great for embedding into websites or blogs!
    https://kiwiirc.com/embedding

So if you guys really want to make a community IRC channel, I'd suggest embedding it on your blogs or asking your favouritist blogger to include it on their website. After all, the easier it is to join and the more accessible it is, the more people will be there and the more useful it'll be.

The #hunterscope channel is one I registered literally five minutes before I posted that, so it's pretty empty and new, but it is registered so it'll always be available. If you have a stroke of genius on a channel name to use instead, here's a howto on making a new channel (this ones for freenode via mirc, there are others): http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-Your-O...n-Freenode.Net

How about #ThrillOfTheHunt? It's thematic, it echoes a talent, it has the word hunt/hunter in it?

Yes, it's a little cheesy, but I want something anyone can come into and ask for help in without being intimidated by snarky titles made up by 16 year old Danes. Danes? Dutchmen?