Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Talking Beta for Shamans!

The other class forums have threads where people without beta access can ask questions to those with access and as i have access i thought it would be a good idea to share it with my fellow shamans!

So do you have questions you want to ask?

Want me to make a Video of that one spell animation you didn't see in the streams?

Want to know what your character looks like with the new models?

Then ask here, i'm sure there are other beta shamans who would like to help you as well!

How is enhancement's new mana regeneration playing out (esp in situations like pvp with purge usage)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

15+ Year Old Account
    How does Fulmination and shock damage generally compare to Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst?
    Healing/mana difference between Healing Wave and Healing Surge?
    Does the new ghost wolf glyph automatically slow you down if combat is triggered?
    How often does Echo of the Elements proc for each spec?
    Is Unleash Elements still a melee ability (aka 1.5sec GCD), does the GCD scale with haste?
    Does a bear shit in the woods?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How does Fulmination and shock damage generally compare to Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst?
    1. Does the new ghost wolf glyph automatically slow you down if combat is triggered?
    2. How often does Echo of the Elements proc for each spec?
    Is Unleash Elements still a melee ability (aka 1.5sec GCD), does the GCD scale with haste?
    1. Yes, you get instantly slowed down.
    2. I played only Enhance, sometimes it procs so often, that i cant use it effectively. Sidenote: It also procs, when your lightning shield get triggerd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    How is enhancement's new mana regeneration playing out (esp in situations like pvp with purge usage)?
    It's lacking at the moment (you go oom) but it's being reiterated as Celestalon said.

Can you make a video of you doing Enhancement or Elemental's rotation/priority so that we could see Flurry in action?

Deleted
    Does the new ghost wolf glyph automatically slow you down if combat is triggered?
    tuning isn't done yet so anything about dmg or something like the mana reg for enhancement can't be tested at the moment because it does not reflect how it will be when it's final

the ghost wolf seems to slow you down when you cast it while in combat, but does not scale down when you aggro a mob while you already are a wolf, but that might be a bug

and it works indoors, might change aswell, but as we are 10% slower than a druid with the travel form glyph it could be intended

unleash elements looks like it is still melee abiliy and the cd is indeed reduced by haste

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Can you make a video of you doing Enhancement or Elemental's rotation/priority so that we could see Flurry in action?
    Flurry is still Enhancement only, but I can make a Video
    (my main is ele/resto so i don't know how much of a help i will be when pressing the glowing buttons as enh ;P)
    Last edited by mmoc9b40fcaf0c; 2014-06-30 at 03:40 PM.

Does Feral Spirits use the updated wolf model?

Quote Originally Posted by cnx77 View Post
    1. Yes, you get instantly slowed down.
    2. I played only Enhance, sometimes it procs so often, that i cant use it effectively. Sidenote: It also procs, when your lightning shield get triggerd.
    The first point kinda contradicts with what katzi says. What's it now? If you end up in a fight while being in gw form, not leaving GW form, are you still reduced to the 30% bonus? It would totally suck if that were the case, as the glyph is already pretty niche in usage.
    Another thing: I am not sure since it has been a while I played: can you pick herbs as GW/i.e. can you go farmbot like druids with flying form?

And it sounds pretty strong for pvp, if LS triggers can proc EotE. Since shamans are usually punching bags, I imagine that to be a damn powerful talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Does Feral Spirits use the updated wolf model?
    I've seen a picture of that in another thread, so yes.
    Maybe not fro a thread, but anyway

Featuring:
    Windstrike(Ascendence)
    Burning Hands while standing next to PE FET(I think it is Unleash Fire aspect of UE, not sure)
    Shamanistic Rage
    Feral Spirits
    Ghostwolf
    Effect clusterfuck at 1:14, lightning sparks dissolving first at around ~1:19, hard to make out the icons, but it is either UE:WF or something else (trinket? dunno) then burning hands (UE:FT) dissolves, leaving four coloured (four elements) orbs circling shaman (EotE)
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-06-30 at 04:57 PM.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    The first point kinda contradicts with what katzi says. What's it now? If you end up in a fight while being in gw form, not leaving GW form, are you still reduced to the 30% bonus? It would totally suck if that were the case, as the glyph is already pretty niche in usage.
    Another thing: I am not sure since it has been a while I played: can you pick herbs as GW/i.e. can you go farmbot like druids with flying form?

- - - Updated - - -
    Yes you can pick herbs!

I will do a video on ghostwolf behavior later together with the enhancement rotation video

Quote Originally Posted by Katzi View Post
    Yes you can pick herbs!
    I will do a video on ghostwolf behavior later together with the enhancement rotation video
    Awesome, keep us informed for when it's out.

I would've pictured Herbalism as a good profession for enh in wod performance-wise, since haste is like to dominate, so having a haste cooldown that also heals a little would be pretty nice. Is it safe to say that without those +dmg/heal portions of professions, you can go dual gatherer with your main without disadvantage?

edit: Your name sounds german, coincidence?

edit2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ErNQ2Q-uNU
    In this video on yt, at 3:42 when he hovers over SR, there is depicted a 58.5s cooldown. What's up with that? Readiness was removed more than two weeks ago, or am I mistaken? Does flurry affect SR's cd as well? Cant be. Could you check if there are such cooldown differences found?
    edit3: nvm, it seems he has 2.6% readiness, so yeah

On another matter, can you test what sources of enh damage can proc EotE? Apparently LS can, so I'd think stuff like SS, LL, maybe imbues, auto attacks might to, maybe even totems.
    Also, Could it work that we proc EotE, then use SS and having it proc EotE again, then use the 2nd SS due to first EotE (maybe proc EotE again ? ), 3rd SS due to 2nd EotE, then 4th SS due to 3rd EotE and so forth and so forth?
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-06-30 at 05:18 PM.

From what i have tried on the beta so far the most procs i had for EotE was 3 in a row with stormstrike. Blam,blam,blam mmmmm yummy hehe. Or was that just 2 mm well i was able to hit stormstrike 3 times ina row anyways.

Deleted
    Here's the Ghost Wolf Video:

/watch?v=lez0K47GgWI

(can't post links yet)

I would've pictured Herbalism as a good profession for enh in wod performance-wise, since haste is like to dominate, so having a haste cooldown that also heals a little would be pretty nice. Is it safe to say that without those +dmg/heal portions of professions, you can go dual gatherer with your main without disadvantage?

I don't know what the current plan is for professions, but herbalism still has the Lifeblood perk.
    I can't char copy because of some reason, maybe someone from the U.S. knows if this is the case for the other professions as well.

Also I will test what exactly triggers EotE for Enh right after I am finished with the rotation video

PS: my name is indeed german, "Katzi" is what a small child would say to a cat or a kitten

- - - Updated - - -

Here's Enhancement Video with EotE:

/watch?v=lmDFmC7cZiY

(i am a terrible Enh shamy, sorry for that, and the server was lagging a bit, but you can see how EotE makes Frost Shock and SS not incur a cd)

Echo itself seems to proc of every spell and ability including utility stuff:
    normal rotation abilities, Purge, Wind Shear, Heals and Healing Rain ticks, heal from Ancestral Guidance, Ascendance Auto hits, hits with shaman enchants, Lightning Shield (don't think this one will stay, is very op with the new Reactive Shielding Glyph)

However it does NOT proc of:
    Autohit without shaman weapon enchant, Totems or Pets (not even Wolfs), Flame Shock ticks

All of the profession bonuses are being removed.

(can't post links yet)
    There you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=lez0K47GgWI

Here's Enhancement Video with EotE:

youtube.com/watch?v=lmDFmC7cZiY
    PS: my name is indeed german, "Katzi" is what a small child would say to a cat or a kitten
    Grüße aus Würrtemberg

Going by your first video, it indeed looks like we wont be slowed by pulling adds and not breaking GW, which is good. Thanks for the video!

Going by your second...27.44% haste...
    5.89s cd SS
    8.24s cd LL
    11.8s cd UE
    4.71s cd Shocks
    3.53s cd FN
    holy mother of... and you're not even heavy on haste, how will it be with 40% or more haste?! looked really awesome.

I counted 6 EotE procs in about 90s, so 4 a minute? Obviously not a very reliable figure, looking at a single short duration video, but it's a start.

Echo itself seems to proc of every spell and ability including utility stuff:
    normal rotation abilities, Purge, Wind Shear, Heals and Healing Rain ticks, heal from Ancestral Guidance, Ascendance Auto hits, hits with shaman enchants, Lightning Shield (don't think this one will stay, is very op with the new Reactive Shielding Glyph)

However it does NOT proc of:
    Autohit without shaman weapon enchant, Totems or Pets (not even Wolfs), Flame Shock ticks
    I kind of doubted that the last things you mentioned would proc it either, but I am kinda surprised that imbues, LS, Asc auto hits, Purge and Wind Shear can proc it...I expect this to change, otherwhise if there ever were downtimes, shamans would purge for something for possible EotE procs (yes, we're that obsessed with damage )

ps.: Was that 74k hit down the middle an LB hit? oO (What's EB hitting for btw )
    pss.: Damn WF's going ballistic in your dmg test oO
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-07-01 at 06:13 AM.

Healing Wave and Healing Surge both do the exact same amount of baseline healing (not including the 30% Crit Tidal Waves bonus to Healing Surge - which becomes 40% with a perk). At level 90, Healing Surge is 1702 mana and Healing Wave is 851 mana.

Unleash Life appears to be a spell now with a GCD that scales down with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    All of the profession bonuses are being removed.
    I've heard that (mentioned it in the quote of question). My question (partly to myself) was: what will be the incentive to take professions other than gatherings or maybe engineering, for tinkerings? Wouldn't it be enough to have one for each profession in the guild, and the rest could pic profession for whatever they fancy? Sounds like manufacturing profs are taking a dive...

Deleted
    I have access in the beta if you want to ask me about elemental changes.

I've heard that (mentioned it in the quote of question). My question (partly to myself) was: what will be the incentive to take professions other than gatherings or maybe engineering, for tinkerings? Wouldn't it be enough to have one for each profession in the guild, and the rest could pic profession for whatever they fancy? Sounds like manufacturing profs are taking a dive...
    You will still get unique perks from having them such as:

Engineering - Portals/toys/tinkers/possibly AH in the new capitals
    Alchemy - Double flask duration and cheap mana pots that double as health pots
    Enchanting - Ability to DE your own stuff that you replaced/don't need/got from LFR, etc - this makes a huge amount of extra gold

I presume that they will also still give cheap leg/cloak/bracer/shoulder enchants to tailors/leatherworkers/scribes

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    You will still get unique perks from having them such as:

Engineering - Portals/toys/tinkers/possibly AH in the new capitals
    Alchemy - Double flask duration and cheap mana pots that double as health pots
    Enchanting - Ability to DE your own stuff that you replaced/don't need/got from LFR, etc - this makes a huge amount of extra gold

I presume that they will also still give cheap leg/cloak/bracer/shoulder enchants to tailors/leatherworkers/scribes
    Well, I guess it's coming down to how much money you can make with a profession, i.e.: enchanting and stuff.
    I still think that gathering profs will be the most profitable though, provided you have the time to farm.

I dont get what you meant with your last sentence though: You mean everyone will have those enchants, but the manufacturer will be able to safe money on using it? I hardly see a relevance, imo. After all, you only enchant an item once, usually.

Well, it's midnight where I'm living, so it's time to...consult my pillow?
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-06-30 at 10:11 PM.

Well, I guess it's coming down to how much money you can make with a profession, i.e.: enchanting and stuff.
    I still think that gathering profs will be the most profitable though, provided you have the time to farm.

I dont get what you meant with your last sentence though: You mean everyone will have those enchants, but the manufacturer will be able to safe money on using it? I hardly see a relevance, imo. After all, you only enchant an item once, usually.

Well, it's midnight where I'm living, so it's time to...consult my pillow?
    Alchemy will be even more king than it generally is. Enchanting / inscription looks like they're going to suffer "too much competition" due to how things are working and JC will have nearly no demand with the new gem system. Inscription trinkets so far are utterly useless.

BS/LW/Tailoring won't be terrible due to crafted items being more competitive and the ability to get warforged/bonuses on crafted items.

Engineering tinkers are available to all, which is comparable to enchanting/jc I guess in terms of profitability. I'm assuming they actually cost mats in WoD or there will be 0 to make from tinkers anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."