Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

MM Stat priority in PvE

Hi guys, what's the current optimal stat priority for MM. 587 ilvl.

Seen a lot of Crit>haste>mastery on other sites, but thought I'd run it through here before reforging away my gold.

Personally, I like Crit>Haste>Mastery but Azor went full try hard and simmed it and recommends Crit=Haste>Mastery.

Sim wise, Crit=Haste>Mastery but Crit>Haste>Mastery is basically identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I don't know many people who would subjectively prefer the gameplay of lower haste.

Crit = Haste > Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I don't know many people who would subjectively prefer the gameplay of lower haste.

Crit = Haste > Mastery.
    Marksman has this steady focus thing that gives you a butt ton of haste also there is such a thing as too much haste for mm. Where as crit is always good

There's not really a thing like too much haste till you're gcd-capping Aimed Shots which is pretty difficult.

And it's theoretically better too so there's like 0 reason to not go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are forgetting the fact that rapid fire is up a shit ton now, and with too much haste it makes that cd even more shit than it is.

Sims do consider that though, and 27% http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...auras&source=2 is the lowest of any of the specs tbfh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is a wasted stat under haste effects. Bloodlust also

You are (partially) right, but it doesn't make Crit > Haste so it's irrelevant. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You are (partially) right, but it doesn't make Crit > Haste so it's irrelevant. ;p
    But with the dynamics of MM I would put crit slightly above haste regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    But with the dynamics of MM I would put crit slightly above haste regardless.
    Ha blood legion agrees with me azor. S my d

By the logic of "play what you like the most", I'm going Mastery > Crit > Haste for my BM spec because I like big KC crits.

Seeya.

On the topic of big KC crits, would I gem pure Mastery to get the biggest crits or keep Agi.

Agi 10char

Do a mega RoRo reforge though jeremy
    Retired hunter

Think I can reach 2 million?

I don't know how well the sims account for wanting to naturally pair SSs though. Traditionally, you wanted to fit about 4 SS at around 6s in your 9s cycle (10s CD - 1s GCD of firing the chimera shot) and use the remaining 3s for aimed shotx2. I don't know how much this has changed since last expansion, but MM very much used to be about finding a comfortable, cyclical nature to the chimera shot cycle. IMO, it probably has remained the same because the focus profile of the spec has largely stayed the same, spikey focus output, steady (pun intended) focus input.

AFAIK, MM doesn't have a "proc" based focus gain like the other specs, IE Invigoration and the pseudo-focus gain from free ES during LnL chains. Because of that,the cycle is more reliable and easily predictable. That's changing a bit next xpac when ToTH affects AiS, but yeah.

I like haste because I am terrible and probably use Steady Shot more than I should, the only time I'll go to <5 focus is <80% Aimed Shot spam or Aimed Shot->Chimera Shot lining up. >> so... Haste=Crit>Mastery

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback guys