Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    At the moment, no, they are not Exotics. I can't remember offhand if they've mentioned that they are intended to be or not.
    I believe they wanted them to be exotic to BM but they could've changed that at some point without us knowing.

Hydra's have never been exotic. I know not many of the hunters here have had access to one like I have, but the fact still stands. Even after Blizzard changed the "hydras" from crocolisks to have their own family they weren't exotic. So I see no reason for them to be now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakezor View Post
    I grabbed one of the quest mob hydras, didn't use it for long though, it stomps around like a full sized elekk or clefthoof.
    Yea i got one of these too prety good pet if you want to piss off your raid

What a grand idea, I should go try to tame him real quick and see what happens

Edit: Ok so I just tamed him. When you walk in the room and try to tame him it says he is "too calm to tame", and since he enrages at 20% I figured i'd burn him down to that point then tame him there. So that worked out nicely, pretty easy tame, though I was a little concerned I almost died because of his almost 1-shot mechanic, but I believe I could've avoided it if i'd burned him a little bit faster. I did almost no damage to him because I didn't want to risk killing him, all the bosses in there take extreme damage from every attack so I just played it safe and mostly let the pet wear him down.

I made a video, i might upload if anyone cares to see it.

Edit 2: So I decided since I was already there and had a fancy new pet to play with, i might as well clear the rest of the raid out for funsies. However apparently since I didn't actually kill chim, and only tamed him, I can't access the last boss. Kinda funny to be honest. The little clickable orb thing to engage nefarian isn't there even though I killed the remaining bosses. I wonder if a soft reset would fix the problem, or perhaps would it respawn chim? Taming him definitely bugs the fight out, i'm getting the Finkle's Mixture buff applied to me for a fraction of a second every 10 seconds or so constantly as well.

Edit 3: So I went back in after a soft reset and chimaeron was back up again like I thought might happen, I also checked my raid lockout and it said chimaeron was still undefeated, I didn't think to do that earlier.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-07-04 at 10:14 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Is Thok tameable as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Would also be fun to try, though much more difficult.

Honestly though I really doubt it. Devilsaurs were already tamable long before Thok came around, but he still wasnt flagged as tamable. Chimaeron (and Chromaggus for that matter) were only made tamable after their new pet families became tamable. That is of course barring the glitch/exploit hydras that players weren't supposed to have in the first place.

I doubt i'd get in a raid to get to Thok and certainly wont be soloable at 91 or 92, but perhaps I could try Oondasta.

Edit: Nope, oondasta is not tamable. I really doubt Thok is either.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-07-04 at 10:06 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Currently no, someone already went ahead to test that out for us curious. Suggest them to modify current "beast" bosses to the devs to be tame-able at 100, go go go.

I think I missed a change (didn't play hunter as main since WotLK). We can tame boss now? I thought that they were always scaled +3 lvl than us

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    I think I missed a change (didn't play hunter as main since WotLK). We can tame boss now? I thought that they were always scaled +3 lvl than us
    In WoD when you're level 100 and the bosses are level 93.. o_o

Last time I played my hunter since bosses still show with a Skull even in lower lvl Raid they were considered boss and couldn't be tamed..

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    Last time I played my hunter since bosses still show with a Skull even in lower lvl Raid they were considered boss and couldn't be tamed..
    Chromaggus and Huhuran are bosses and tameable just to name the first two that popped into my head. Very few options older than BWL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Chromaggus and Huhuran are bosses and tameable just to name the first two that popped into my head. Very few options older than BWL.
    Princess Huhuran, Ayamiss the Hunter, Buru the Gorger, the boss-level worm adds on the Fankriss encounter, all 3 of the Bug Trio in AQ40, The Beast, Magmadar, Maexxna.

Did I miss any? You might be able to tame one of the ToC worms when its in its "up" phase, but I can't seem to find confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Princess Huhuran, Ayamiss the Hunter, Buru the Gorger, the boss-level worm adds on the Fankriss encounter, all 3 of the Bug Trio in AQ40, The Beast, Magmadar, Maexxna.

Did I miss any? You might be able to tame one of the ToC worms when its in its "up" phase, but I can't seem to find confirmation.
    I meant, not many options for raids prior to BWL.

That list seems pretty complete. I never would have thought of Maexxna :P

Really hope they don't nerf BM:/

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by zjfeez View Post
    Really hope they don't nerf BM:/
    I hope they do so it goes back where it belongs: not in my raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

With all the pet bugginess this xpac, I can agree with that. Let me MM, so even if focusing shot/munitions is better DPS, my pet derping doesn't totally screw me.

Deleted
    Have not done that yet, nope