Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    All I can say is : Fuck no I'll not prepare for shit inn this game. I'll enjoy having a reason to log on once 2.1 live. Why take whatever little content you can do inn the booringness that is Diablo3? It needs more depth, long-term grinds/goals cause right now its just to simple.
    If you think the game is too simple, I suggest you stop playing D3 lite version. Start playing hardcore and you will see just how difficult it really is, and long term goals will start to show themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    If you think the game is too simple, I suggest you stop playing D3 lite version. Start playing hardcore and you will see just how difficult it really is, and long term goals will start to show themselves.
    Why did I knew the hard-core crowd would be the next replie...

Like, can't you guys just....sigh. Some of us preffers to perfect a character instead off achiving "good", or whatever. Also I like to play dumb at times, and often try out stupid dangerous things like playing torment6 as a Wizard...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I do play hardcore. I level on Torment, and a few hours after hitting max i'm usually in torment 2.

I'm excited to see what a clean slate will do in regards to levelling without uber gems and immediate crafting gear. Until then I as well will not be logging on.

My main question with seasons is do we have to unlock torment again, or will it carry over from our non-season characters? Its put in place so new players won't play on it, but this will change how I level drastically.

Deleted
    When can it be expected to release?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    When can it be expected to release?
    This is why I came to the D3 forums, anyone have a rough estimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    This is why I came to the D3 forums, anyone have a rough estimate?
    At least a month, still have a lot of stuff to fix on the PTR
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    At least a month, still have a lot of stuff to fix on the PTR
    idd they must nerf new wizards firebird set first cause wizard must not be compettitive

Based on current status, probabli mid to end of august.

Hoping for mid-august because i'll have 2 weeks of holiday for extreme nerding XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt ladder a fresh leveling exp? Nothing to prep for other than making sure you have 1 extra char slot open. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Isnt ladder a fresh leveling exp? Nothing to prep for other than making sure you have 1 extra char slot open. That's about it.
    There's actual strats on how to get to 70 asap and different ways to get geared so you can clear greater rifts and get conquests.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

hardcore doesn't make diablo 3 harder. does diablo hit harder? nope does the ai improve? nope.
    will you perma die by lag? yep. will you perma die by a t6 tank who puled the whole world hope you would teleport to him and die? yep.

so to me doesn't really looks like a better version. and preaping for season is not needed imo.

It is a better version because it actually limits your ability to play. What I mean by that is the current model for SC is to just throw deaths at it and progress that way. just leveled to 70? Go to T2! Dying too much? You need more damage!!! The game is actually quite boring if you just run mindlessly into packs and throw damage at them until you die and then rezz and do it again. Then the only gameplay becomes efficiency. If you wanted to play an excel spreadsheet you should just get a job.

Hardcore forces you to actually play the game. Avoid mechanics, think about your surroundings, make decisions on if you want to enter a zone, decisions on gear. It is just a better experience.

Also, the things you mentioned about dying to lag or to trappers, that just tells me you are stupid. If the game starts to lag you go to town. If your internet is junk or bnet is having problems, you do something else or play on super easy doing bounties or something where you can be afk for 30 minutes and not die. If you are dying to trappers, you are stupid and used to playing in SC where decisions don't matter.

Hardcore is the real diablo, SC is just training wheels.

Infracted. No need to call people names to prove something.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-07-31 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a better version because it actually limits your ability to play. What I mean by that is the current model for SC is to just throw deaths at it and progress that way. just leveled to 70? Go to T2! Dying too much? You need more damage!!! The game is actually quite boring if you just run mindlessly into packs and throw damage at them until you die and then rezz and do it again. Then the only gameplay becomes efficiency. If you wanted to play an excel spreadsheet you should just get a job.

Hardcore forces you to actually play the game. Avoid mechanics, think about your surroundings, make decisions on if you want to enter a zone, decisions on gear. It is just a better experience.

Also, the things you mentioned about dying to lag or to trappers, that just tells me you are stupid. If the game starts to lag you go to town. If your internet is junk or bnet is having problems, you do something else or play on super easy doing bounties or something where you can be afk for 30 minutes and not die. If you are dying to trappers, you are stupid and used to playing in SC where decisions don't matter.

Jesus, I think you just cut me with your extremely sharp edgy'ness. How do you sleep at night knowing you're so fucking awesome?

HC isn't better because it limits your play; it's worse. It takes all the fun out of the game by limiting you to playing as safely and slowly as possible, farming normal or t1 for a hundred years before you move on to the next tiers, if you do at all. I keep seeing guys posting links to their HC characters, and when I look at them they're doing t1 on their wizard with three times as many defensive stats as I'm doing t6 with mine.

So you make your character so overgeared for the content you're doing that you can't even die if you disconnect in the middle of three elite packs, so that you can safely farm without being stupid about it. Where's the fun in that?

HC is only fun when you play it like you would SC; on the edge, constantly one mistake away from dying. But that does have a downside... a lot of the time you die. So you end up playing it safe. Super safe. So safe you may as well not even be there; if a bot could do it just as well as you do, then in my opinion you're doing it wrong.

But that's up to you I guess, though I wouldn't take any pride in playing that way.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest preparation will be making the decision to either enter 2.1 in Hardcore or Softcore. I got extremely bored with the game after playing SC for so long. There was nothing exciting. I decided to try out Hardcore as a few people I knew solely did that, and it was amazing. The fear of death. The moments where you thought you may die due to some unforeseen events which made your heart almost pop. It was exhilarating for me. I lost my Barb at 66 hours played, but it was due to me being dumb. I alt+tabbed for WoW Beta to check something and thought I was in town- but I wasn't and tabbed back to a dead Barb.

I really enjoy Monk, but at the same time, their performance in Hardcore is absolute crap. The Monks I see in Hardcore are streamers who are surrounded by Witch Doctors and Barbs, and run away from most mechanics and let their party just kill things. Since I mostly play solo, using a Monk would mean I should probably play SC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post

HC is only fun when you play it like you would SC; on the edge, constantly one mistake away from dying. But that does have a downside... a lot of the time you die. So you end up playing it safe. Super safe. So safe you may as well not even be there; if a bot could do it just as well as you do, then in my opinion you're doing it wrong.
    Two extremes of the spectrum. You don't have to play super safe, full defensive on HC, just as you don't have to play glass cannon on SC and just corpse run back to kill the elite. I play both modes (all my friends play SC), and I play both sides the same way -- cautious, going defensive first, and then toeing the edge to see how much defense I can give up without dying. Both SC and HC. I don't play super safe in HC, and I don't play reckless wrecking ball in SC.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    HC isn't better because it limits your play; it's worse. It takes all the fun out of the game by limiting you to playing as safely and slowly as possible, farming normal or t1 for a hundred years before you move on to the next tiers, if you do at all. I keep seeing guys posting links to their HC characters, and when I look at them they're doing t1 on their wizard with three times as many defensive stats as I'm doing t6 with mine.

So you make your character so overgeared for the content you're doing that you can't even die if you disconnect in the middle of three elite packs, so that you can safely farm without being stupid about it. Where's the fun in that?

But that's up to you I guess, though I wouldn't take any pride in playing that way.
    They're not arguing about whether HC is more fun or better than SC. Either way that's an entirely subjective topic, which is fine...if you don't like HC then you don't like HC. Your opinion about what HC is about is nothing but hearsay though.

Hardcare is no doubt more difficult to play than softcore though. You actually get punished for mistakes in hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    My biggest preparation will be making the decision to either enter 2.1 in Hardcore or Softcore. I got extremely bored with the game after playing SC for so long. There was nothing exciting. I decided to try out Hardcore as a few people I knew solely did that, and it was amazing. The fear of death. The moments where you thought you may die due to some unforeseen events which made your heart almost pop. It was exhilarating for me. I lost my Barb at 66 hours played, but it was due to me being dumb. I alt+tabbed for WoW Beta to check something and thought I was in town- but I wasn't and tabbed back to a dead Barb.

I really enjoy Monk, but at the same time, their performance in Hardcore is absolute crap. The Monks I see in Hardcore are streamers who are surrounded by Witch Doctors and Barbs, and run away from most mechanics and let their party just kill things. Since I mostly play solo, using a Monk would mean I should probably play SC.
    The problem with it originally, for me, was that the servers were so finicky back then, and while they've been better now, I'd rather not die due to a disconnect. I'm fine with dying if it's my fault, but the fact that you can get disconnected, remain in the game, and die in it, all while you're "disconnected", is just silly. If they actually booted you from your game and didn't leave you just standing there disconnected,then sure, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Two extremes of the spectrum. You don't have to play super safe, full defensive on HC, just as you don't have to play glass cannon on SC and just corpse run back to kill the elite. I play both modes (all my friends play SC), and I play both sides the same way -- cautious, going defensive first, and then toeing the edge to see how much defense I can give up without dying. Both SC and HC. I don't play super safe in HC, and I don't play reckless wrecking ball in SC.
    You don't actually have to corpserun to kill elites that kill you easily. You just play well. Sometimes it gets you killed, more often than not it doesn't. But if you do it in HC, the first time you die you're back to square one. So you don't play like that. You don't do stuff that's hard enough that you have to play well to get through it. You play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    They're not arguing about whether HC is more fun or better than SC. Either way that's an entirely subjective topic, which is fine...if you don't like HC then you don't like HC. Your opinion about what HC is about is nothing but hearsay though.

Hardcare is no doubt more difficult to play than softcore though. You actually get punished for mistakes in hardcore.
    "It is a better version because" were the first words...

And my point was that you don't get punished for your mistakes in HC, because you deliberately create a character and play in such a way that the mistakes you make don't punish you. If it's "hearsay" as you assert, then can I conclude that the ones who've played the same characters for long enough in HC have in fact never made mistakes? That might be the definition of implausible.

I played HC D2 a lot, among other games, and the first time I died I was lucky enough to have the other people in the game pick up my gear and give it back to me, so I didn't have to start all over again from scratch (too bad D3 doesn't allow for that, eh). Then one day I was doing some solo farming in act 3 with my teleport amulet on my necromancer, and I teleported into the fog next to one of those exploding fetish guys, who my skeletons instantly killed, which then instantly killed me, even with all my stats spent on vitality and huge allresist and bone shield active. All it takes is ONE tiny mistake and you're fucked. Or you can play the game so safely that it's impossible to make mistakes that actually punish you. Clearly, I shouldn't have been teleporting around like that.

Which is what people are doing. They play it super safe and super boring. Well, or they're starting back over from scratch again, I guess. That sounds even more boring, though.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Then one day I was doing some solo farming in act 3 with my teleport amulet on my necromancer, and I teleported into the fog next to one of those exploding fetish guys,
    I played alot of D2 myself but can you refresh my memory of this teleport ammy .