Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sorry but no. x.0 has always been the pre-patch before an expansion.
    Yeah - pre, as in pre-WoD.
    Not post as in post-MoP.

It is a pre-patch because it is the first patch of WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    yeah - they also said we would have WoD by now - you should read forums more often.

6.x = The first part of WoD... no arguments, that is the straight facts.
    They said they planned to have wod out 2 years after mop. September 24th would mean they'd beat it by 1 day.
    They said they'd try to make siege shorter than icc, september 24th would mean they'd be 4 days later. which is acceptable.

Also 6.x isn't the first patch of wod, no matter how you twist and turn it, wod does not start counting untill the mini hotfix is sent and that has always been patch 6.0.x which happens at 23h59 globally. Content inside game files wise, you are correct, but pratically you are incorrect.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2014-07-01 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    1) They've said a 4-6 week pre-patch already.
    2) 6.x doesn't mean anything. It means it's a sixth major update to the game. 6.0.x is the official patch which activates WoD, meaning 6.0.x is the official start of WoD. Just as the MoP pre-patch didn't introduce Pandas or Pandaria, the Cata pre-patch didn't allow people into Hyjal or Vashj'ir, and the Wrath pre-patch didn't introduce Northrend. Until 6.0.x, we will not be in WoD content, and 6.0.x is released on the same day as release, as it always has been.
    A 6.0 patch still gives the feeling that we are starting the next expansion, just like 5.0 and 4.0 did. Its the time people concentrate of preparing for the next expansion over other things.

And technically we will have the squish ready by 6.0, and all the class changes will be rolling out. We will be playing with WoD numbers, character models and skill changes. Draneor technically starts when we can step foot in it, but we will atleast be able to feel the changes early.

If 6.0 makes it live by september, ill be happy.
    Chronomancer Club

2) 6.x doesn't mean anything. It means it's a sixth major update to the game.
    I think when you say it means nothing, then the very next thing you say that is means something - I suspect a perturbation in the force with you young Jedi.

It is a pre-patch because it is the first patch of WoD.
    That's just semantics. You know very well what we mean. You don't get to see any of the WoD content in the pre-patch, aside from new models and ability changes. We will still be in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    please not again around my birthday... (24th September). last addon was already a pain. instead of celebrating my birthday i was sleeping all day so i could start asap ~.~

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's just semantics. You know very well what we mean. You don't get to see any of the WoD content in the pre-patch, aside from new models and ability changes. We will still be in MoP.
    I would argue that the new models, squish and ability changes are huge selling points of WoD.
    Due to the expansion not having much else.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    please not again around my birthday... (24th September). last addon was already a pain. instead of celebrating my birthday i was sleeping all day so i could start asap ~.~
    How to: Priorities

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    How to: Priorities
    since many of my friends insisted i Play at midnight i gave in :/ will probably happen this time too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Blizzcon would be why.
    Because everybody and their mother goes to Blizzcon right
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    Nah - but another 2 months might give me a chance to get Garrosh normal down.
    1 year not enough for you to kill Garry...?

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Blizzcon would be why.
    So BlizzCon causes people to suddenly become incapable of raiding? How do they do that? Not to mention that the progression race will be long over if it is really 6 weeks after release.

Don't get you hopes up for sept 23 that is most likely a place holder for first day fall as is the dec placer on the wow sit plus if was going to drop then they need to have the cinimatamic finsh and ready to show soon and give the offical date withen the next 20 days I don't see either happening. From what I herd on youtube from those in beta the game is bad shape dc every few min. Unfinished texture and quest are broken. Now they could have build that stable out but doubtful.

Just what will be "new" in WoD anyway?

New character models (for all races?? I'm not so sure they will all be ready at launch)
    Garrisons (beginning to look a whole lot like a farm)
    Stat squish
    (5) or is it (6) new zones
    (4) new 5 mans
    (1) new raid zone

Feels like I must be forgetting something....Anyway, that doesn't seem like all that much for Blizzard to have ready by September 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Floor109 View Post
    1 year not enough for you to kill Garry...?
    Various political, technical and other setbacks ...

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what pre- means?
    Yep ... an example you might understand:

Preschool ... guess what, it is school just the bit in advance of normal school.

if thats the release date they will announce it in about 3 weeks, seeing how bad the beta is right now no way, atleast 5 more months before release.

but i guess it could be true, if you count the public alpha it would still be around 4 months of public testing which is not that much shorter compared to MoP.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2014-07-01 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    "I want to believe" like in Half-Life 3

But no - I think it will be released on or after Blizzcon 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    September? Not a chance in hell. I'd say 10th Anniversary at the absolute earliest.

Well I can say half life 3 is coming that been confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    But then they won't have anything to launch on their 10-year anniversary
    They are having Blizzcon around their 10 year anniversary. It makes far more sense to get Wod out at least a month before that so the kinks can get worked out before they shift focus to Blizzcon.