Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jumping to conclusions: 23rd September

http://wow.mmozone.de/warlords-draen...r-2014-europa/

It's a German article about the game guide release date which generally matches the expansion release date.

BradyGames Guide BradyGames Release Blizzard Release
    Burning Crusade 16. January 2007 15. January 2007
    Wrath of the Lich King 13. November 2008 13. November 2008
    Catalcysm 7. December 2010 7. December 2010
    Mists of Pandaria 25. September 2012 25. September 2012
    Warlords of Draenor 23. September 2014 Unannounced!

As I said "jumping to conclusions" but maybe this is true
    Last edited by Feali; 2014-07-01 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Better table

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be awesome.

Nice catch, and 23rd is Tuesday so it could be true.

Deleted
    that would be awesome

First day of fall, Blizzard said it would release in fall.

TL;DR Placeholder date ^____^

10+ Year Old Account
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...r-release-date

Found an English article for those who don't understand German.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vqkatsuko View Post
    First day of fall, Blizzard said it would release in fall.

TL;DR Placeholder date ^____^
    Belieeeeve!

That would allow for six weeks for world first heroic, too tight IMO. Unless the first tier is some kinda cake walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    That would allow for six weeks for world first heroic, too tight IMO. Unless the first tier is some kinda cake walk.
    I really don't see the correlation here..

Unlikely, but not entirely out of the question. The fact that they lined everything up with previous expansions is actually kind of a big indicator of it being true, but at the some time that's only about 12 weeks away, and they still haven't started beta testing a *lot* of things. Which means I really don't see it being possible.

Deleted
    While I desperately want this to be true.

They will just push back the release date of the guide to match the release date of the game

- - - Updated - - -

What has this got to do with the price of fish?

The date itself is quite possible but I wouldn't glue it to that strategy book release or the release of previous expansions. It would mean a high frequency of actual encounter testing in the beta (which I believe they can do after they stated that all bosses will be ready for testing on beta launch), a much shorter than usual beta which is also thinkable seeing as they already planed not to let that many people into the beta. I'd even be so bold and say the pre-patch will most certainly hit in September, even if the game release might still drop back a bit.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    I really don't see the correlation here..
    Blizzcon would be why.

and the last guardian is slated for release on dec 31st even through the game was no where close to the point where they could actually show it at e3 this year

moral of the story, Amazon puts up bullshit dates

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon would be why.
    And as someone has said - what's that got to do with the price of fish? Please don't insult and say 'Live raid' - because that's just a bollocks reason.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Release of normals: Cleared on day 1
    Release of HMs the week after normals: Cleared within a week

Unless Mythic is hard as hell and has some gear check plus insane mechanics aka LK 25 HM, you could release the first raid tier together with the game, the mad raiders will be lv 100 within 2 days latest, farm their face off in 5 mans and pop into the first normals LATEST on the weekend.
    I'm pretty sure that I saw somewhere that normals and heroics will be released week 2 of expansion and then mythic unlocks week 3. So there won't be a a week between normals and heroics, I don't believe. (Remember, no raiding first week of expac)
    Last edited by Octa; 2014-07-01 at 12:36 PM.

A late September release would probably mean only Highmaul Raid available before Blizzcon (7 bosses), with second raid released after it. Six weeks is plenty of time.

Deleted
    It's fine. Remember T14? Here's the progression for u (taking method as example) :

MSV : Took 2 days -> 10-12 october
    HOF : Took 3 days -> 8-11 november
    TES : Took 4 days -> 21-25 november

Top guilds again won't have an issue with killing the first part of the tier on Mythic in 7 weeks. It will most likely only take them a few days aswell. The second part of the tier could be released 3 weeks before Blizzcon and they will still be able to kill it well in time and have it on farm before Blizzcon is even near. Though I guess the second raid won't be untill after blizzcon.

In the end everything below top 25 doesn't really matter, and I'm sure all of them will have enough time to kill it before Blizzcon, those outside top 25 are most likely not even gonna appear at Blizzcon anyway, so I doubt it will have any impact on them.

On topic, my retailer states either 4th or 5th week of September as shipping dates for the physical collector edition. Albeit they have been a few weeks wrong in the past, so can't really say they'll be right this time. Then again 12 hour maintenance tomorrow in EU, which generally indicates a patch or prepping the PTR for the next big introduction patch, then again we'll have to wait and see.

Another thing to think about the live raid, what better way to promote would there be to have the new raid being live raided.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2014-07-01 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    http://wow.mmozone.de/warlords-draen...r-2014-europa/

It's a German article about the game guide release date which generally matches the expansion release date.

BradyGames Guide BradyGames Release Blizzard Release
    Burning Crusade 16. January 2007 15. January 2007
    Wrath of the Lich King 13. November 2008 13. November 2008
    Catalcysm 7. December 2010 7. December 2010
    Mists of Pandaria 25. September 2012 25. September 2012
    Warlords of Draenor 23. September 2014 Unannounced!

As I said "jumping to conclusions" but maybe this is true
    Given how the winds seem to be blowing at the moment I'd say that is spot on. The fact Blizzard seem to be in overdrive scaling things back at the moment always seemed to indicate they are rushing to get it out much earlier than Nov/Dec. Plus it only means they will be down on revenue for 2nd quarter 2014 & back on earnings track for the following two quarters.

As awesome as that would be I highly doubt it. I mean, we aren't even in 6.0 yet.

Also relevant is that Sept 23rd is 4 weeks after Aug 26th. "hurr durr, so what?"

Aug 25th will be the day for the Blizzcon 2014 Arena Tournament "cut" among the highest ranked players (Source). As it wouldn't make sense to deploy 6.0 before this, Aug 26th was the first potential 6.0 day. Considering they intend to have 6.0 out for 4-6 weeks before Warlords launch, it would match a Sept 23rd release.