Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    When I first got into MoP beta (first wave) vs getting into WoD beta (first wave) - WoD is a good 6 weeks behind MoP's status.

It did surprise me given how long ago things were meant to be more advanced than MoP.

I can think of two reasons for this - either they are doing more in parallel than MoP (new production system), or they are 6 weeks behind MoP.

I can easily see September 23rd as patch 6.0.1, and November 23rd as WoD release - but that's about the earliest I'd expect either.
    What part of game development do you work in where you can even quantify how far behind they are on schedule? When WoD Beta formally launched they had the intro experience and two leveling zones. MoP had...The Wandering Isles and the new talent system, plus a dungeon I think. Then when Jade Forest did launch, they tested it for a couple of weeks and then instantly booted everyone out and took two months to redo the entire zone.

The only things left in WoD to test are dungeons, the leveling zones, and the raiding. Everything else (such as server stability, class systems, etc) seems to be pretty set. That means it could easily take less than 3 months for them to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What fucking world are you living on?
    The real one... why?

I was in the first wave of Mists Beta invites. NONE of the zones were finished nor even testable.
    Except the first two.

It's at least 2-3 months ahead.
    They don't even have a new cloth type.

No - I'm not talking about bug vs bug comparison, I'm talking about content vs content.

Half the stuff in Shadowmoon valley still has PH on it.

So you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    What part of game development do you work in where you can even quantify how far behind they are on schedule?
    Been doing software development longer than you've probably been alive. Why ?

I'm going on a build per week ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the first two..
    How many times was Jade Forest revamped?

Except the first two.
    Don't lie. Wandering Isle was the only one that was suitable for questing. IIRC I think you may have been able to get to Jade Forest, but there were no quests available.

They don't even have a new cloth type.

No - I'm not talking about bug vs bug comparison, I'm talking about content vs content.

Half the stuff in Shadowmoon valley still has PH on it.

So you are wrong.
    You do realize that PH models are the easiest thing to replace, right? You can swoop in, and substitute all of the old models for new models whenever the design team is finished with them.

Been doing software development longer than you've probably been alive. Why ?

I'm going on a build per week ...
    If this were true, you would have been doing software development before PCs even existed sooo....doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    How many times was Jade Forest revamped?
    Twice - they completely redid the content there. The first alliance zone (Shadowmoon) hasn't even got the content of the first version of Jade Forest.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't lie. Wandering Isle was the only one that was suitable for questing. IIRC I think you may have been able to get to Jade Forest, but there were no quests available.
    And Jade Forest....

You do realize that PH models are the easiest thing to replace, right? You can swoop in, and substitute all of the old models for new models whenever the design team is finished with them.
    Not talking about models or textures, or even bugs. I'm talking about a place holder saying "THere is going to be some sort of rare here"... that sort of thing.

If this were true, you would have been doing software development before PCs even existed sooo....doubt it.
    I did say probably based on the median age of MMO-C users, you are obviously older than 30.

And Jade Forest....
    I don't remember Jade Forest having any quests though. I remember people porting into it and running around, but there was nothing to do.

Not talking about models or textures, or even bugs. I'm talking about a place holder saying "THere is going to be some sort of rare here"... that sort of thing.
    Your point? That still doesn't mean it's a hard fix in the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a Sept. 23rd release.

Blizzard is a very proud and arrogant company, and I don't think they'd allow themselves to not only fail to release expansions quicker, but to let MoP be the longest running expansion to date after stating early-on that it would be different this time.

They'll launch WoD one day before MoP hits the 2-year marks just so they can say, "At least we didn't take longer than usual."

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a Sept. 23rd release.

Blizzard is a very proud and arrogant company, and I don't think they'd allow themselves to not only fail to release expansions quicker, but to let MoP be the longest running expansion to date after stating early-on that it would be different this time.

They'll launch WoD one day before MoP hits the 2-year marks just so they can say, "At least we didn't take longer than usual."
    Uh, what? Even if they release it on this date, it will still be the longest expansion release yet.

I don't remember Jade Forest having any quests though. I remember people porting into it and running around, but there was nothing to do.
    I remember quests, just not at the starting point. Once you ventured up the road a bit the quests were all there (obviously the start area was a content design issue at the time).

Your point? That still doesn't mean it's a hard fix in the least.
    I'm level 92, I've done probably 20 quests (I expect they have accelerated XP on for testing) ... a total of 20 quests so far for the entire region. (not including garrison missions, as it is stuck at level 1).

There is a lot of stuff missing ... a lot of detail. Bugs area 'easy' to deal with, but there is so much missing content.

We will see how much changes in the new build that is going up today.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, what? Even if they release it on this date, it will still be the longest expansion release yet.
    No. It would need to go past November for that.

The fastest expansion if released before 15-July-2014
    The slowest expansion if released after 18-November-2014
    An average expansion if released on or about 10-September-2014
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2014-07-02 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    23. September? Now I truly understand the meaning of "to ask why we fight is to ask why the leaves fall".

(not including garrison missions, as it is stuck at level 1).
    It wasn't. As long as you had alchemy, you could level it up to 2.(past tense because new build)

Adding content is closer to adding stuff to a data base than to fixing bugs. Which with an engine as old and convoluted as WoWs, probably isn't easy at all.

These raid tiers would also last longer if people didn't raid 14-16 hours a day every day until it's cleared.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by vqkatsuko View Post
    First day of fall, Blizzard said it would release in fall.

TL;DR Placeholder date ^____^
    wat? o.O That makes no sense. Seasons go like this:

December, January, February: Winter.
    March, April, May: Spring.
    June, July, August: Summer.
    September, October, November: Autumn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    wat? o.O That makes no sense. Seasons go like this:

December, January, February: Winter.
    March, April, May: Spring.
    June, July, August: Summer.
    September, October, November: Autumn.
    According to who? There is no global definition of any season. The definition varies depending on who (or where) you ask. It might however be that most people on the northern hemisphere consider the seasons to be as you said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Savagecraft View Post
    23. September? Now I truly understand the meaning of "to ask why we fight is to ask why the leaves fall".
    They fall because leaves require a lot of energy to maintain them. When there isn't as much sunlight about in the winter, they don't contribute enough energy from photosynthesis so they get dropped quicker than a gnome who keeps standing in fire.

Deleted
    Maybe Blizz is just trolling.
    They're already finished and give us a shitty version just to test the performance on the new file system and don't want us to expect a realease soon.

Some random site that has nothing to do in blizzard considering the game is in completely beginning phase where everything is bugged as fuck as of today must be completely right for the game to release on 23 sept in about 2.5months

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    You must be fun at parties.
    What's fun at posting irrelevant information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    What's fun at posting irrelevant information?
    Speculating is fun. For some.

Deleted
    would be awesome if they release it then! \o/