Thread: 2H ENH shammy?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss 2h Enhance shamans too, I'd love to be able to DW or 2H and I miss vanilla Windfury procs as well. Kind of annoys me how many people have to come in a thread just to shit on someones opinion. I see that for 2H enhance threads SO OFTEN. The dude likes 2h Enhance, so the **** what. Shouldn't have to defend himself from a barrage of posts like;

"What I want to know is, why is a person with 2000 posts, creating this thread.

Just no.

Its gone, dead and buried. Never to return. "

Also, currently in Beta, Stormstrike requires 2 weapons. Which according to Celestalon this is intended.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
    Isn't that fixed with the removal of Primary stats on weapons?
    I'd love 2H Enhancement again and please add Polearms to the mix too then.
    I was under the impression it was secondaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtooth View Post
    I miss 2h Enhance shamans too, I'd love to be able to DW or 2H and I miss vanilla Windfury procs as well. Kind of annoys me how many people have to come in a thread just to shit on someones opinion. I see that for 2H enhance threads SO OFTEN. The dude likes 2h Enhance, so the **** what. Shouldn't have to defend himself from a barrage of posts like;

"What I want to know is, why is a person with 2000 posts, creating this thread.

Just no.

Its gone, dead and buried. Never to return. "
    Well when we you see this thread pop up once a week and you see people asking these silly questions in Dev Q&As when there are literally hundreds of questions that could be asked which need a response for them to simply reply no it gets a little tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    So, I'm just looking at some of the changes for ENH shammy, and something I've missed since classic - 2H Enh shammy - looks like it may be increasing in power. My question is, is it strong enough to warrant usability in for-fun PVP scenarios?(Since I doubt it'll be comparable to DW in PVE) Or will all of the losses of Dual wielding make it so far below that it's not even worth playing around with for fun.

(READ: I realize that 2H will likely never be as strong nor stronger than dual wield in ANY Setting. I am fully aware of that, and more looking for a potential fun off-thing to do for big windfury crits and pretty much nothing else.)
    In WoD level 100 beta server the 2hand weapons don't even show up for shamans unless you change the filter, and even then they have strength and no agility on them. Stormstrike is also unusable atm with a 2hand weapon which means auto attacks only. It seems blizzard has completely abandoned 2hand for shamans. I'm sorry.

Loot tables and loot distribution is a moot point anyway, as they are already changing a lot of how it worked.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Plus, standing tall with an Arcanite Reaper always made my heart warm
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Can we picket the Throne of the Elements with signs that say WE WANT 2H and Always Remember with a picture of Sulfuras or other various 2h weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by kcolraWertex View Post
    In WoD level 100 beta server the 2hand weapons don't even show up for shamans unless you change the filter, and even then they have strength and no agility on them. Stormstrike is also unusable atm with a 2hand weapon which means auto attacks only. It seems blizzard has completely abandoned 2hand for shamans. I'm sorry.

Wait...so they DO have Primary Stats on them?

That blows...

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Stormstrike is also unusable atm with a 2hand weapon which means auto attacks only. It seems blizzard has completely abandoned 2hand for shamans. I'm sorry.
    Not just abandoned. That means they want this whole line of questioning to die. They want the guys that are still equipping for big WF procs for fun to be unable. Nobody is allowed to have fun except how Blizz thinks they should have fun. It's a dick move.

Let's see if it actually makes the questions go away. As older players stop playing, sooner or later nobody will remember that 2H Enhance ever was. Then, years from now, some noob will accidentally find a stream of Unbreakable and their mind will be blown and it'll all start over, lol.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-11 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    Lost hope with this a LONG time ago, as many have said, the spec completely revolves around dualwielding.

Back in the day however, if you saw a Shammy with Hand of Sulfaras and full High Warlord gear -> turn and RUN! If WF procced it was instagib 99% of the time

10+ Year Old Account
    And no wonder. Average gear was so bad back then and so little health. Now, just imagine the same thing but with how crazy unbalanced abilities and stat scaling works at low levels now. My lvl50 lock in heirlooms, which aren't even as good, stat wise, as BiS blues, has at least 1K more health than my rogue had at lvl60 in honest 1.xx gear and I saw my first 3K Chaos Bolt crit yesterday with the average in 2.5-2.8K range which would have one-shot a lot of lvl60 mages in Vanilla WoW. And that's with no DPS trinkets.

Enhance has been designed as a dual wield spec since Late TBC/WotLK (When Blizzard started making a real push to make all specs viable). 2 handed weapons are merely a legacy trait from days of old.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR: NO

Enhancement has been tuned to be less about weapon damage and more hybridized into a mix of spell and melee. When windfury was a great source of damage, 2h was viable, this has not been the case since vanilla/BC; although it was somewhat used early mop for stormlash burst. I do not think it will ever be viable due to the way enhancement mechanics work present day. I dont know why we can still equip 2h axes/maces.

I already wrote this in another thread and it seems to be mentioned in this thread also; I'm not sure if it was a bug or not and I'd like a confirmation (if it really is a bug), but you couldnt use Stormstrike with a 2-hander in beta two weeks ago. Haven't heard about it for now.
    Last edited by Eileana; 2014-07-15 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileana View Post
    I already wrote this in another thread and it seems to be mentioned in this thread also; I'm not sure if it was a bug or not and I'd like a confirmation (if it really is a bug), but you couldnt use Stormstrike with a 2-hander in beta two weeks ago. Haven't heard about it for now.
    Tried it again now, you can't use stormstrike with a 2hander

Tried it again now, you can't use stormstrike with a 2hander
    I don't understand why blizz likes to ruin everything that's alternatively fun, even if it's not viable... 2H shaman doesn't hurt at all, why not allow Stormstrike to be usable with a 2h? Why do shaman can use 2H axes and maces then?

Did it hurt anyone? no, then why remove it? These are the things that make me go away from this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I don't understand why blizz likes to ruin everything that's alternatively fun, even if it's not viable... 2H shaman doesn't hurt at all, why not allow Stormstrike to be usable with a 2h? Why do shaman can use 2H axes and maces then?

Did it hurt anyone? no, then why remove it? These are the things that make me go away from this game.
    Look at the people who throwing phrases around like "rose tinted glasses", "nostalgia". There is your answer. Some people simply don't understand that people exist who like something different.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Look at the people who throwing phrases around like "rose tinted glasses", "nostalgia". There is your answer. Some people simply don't understand that people exist who like something different.
    Some people simply don't understand how the game has moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Some people simply don't understand how the game has moved on.
    This is not about moving on, but about diversity. Warriors suddenly forgetting how to dual-wield, same for non-frost DK, etc... and now enhancement shaman can't even use melee abilities with a 2H.

The game would be much more enjoyable if those flavor things didn't dissapear. For example. The way Blizzard sees DPS warriors is a skillful armed guy who strikes his big 2H weapon with a proper attack at the right time (arms) or a barbarian who dual wield weapons and relentlessly autoattack while unleashing strong attacks (fury). But I can also picture that skillful fighter with two one-handers and that barbarian slamming foes with a big 2H mace.

That also happens with DK's, rogues tied to daggers or not, druids only using 2H's when 2 fist weapon fit on them increadibly well, and of course, 2H shaman.

But the only class that actually can wield "whatever it wants" is the monk. Why can't all other classes use a passive like the "Way of the Monk"? Would it be that hard to give shamans a passive that allows them to Lavalash, Stormstrike and apply flametongue to make them viable (but still not competitive)?. Would it be that hard to allow all DK have the Threat of Tassarian passive so tanking while dualwielding, something players really enjoyed back in WotLK (I for sure did)? Would it be that hard to allow rogues use whatever 2-1handers they want? Or give druids a passive so they can wield 2 claws? Honestly, that's not hard to implement nor balance.

In all of them one or another would shine, like it happens with Monks where DW wins by a tiny little bit to 2H, but for those who don't minmax but rather wanna have fun like the most of the playerbase, that really wouldn't be an issue. It's not asking for a new spec, or an overhaul or revamp or rework or whatever to an already existing spec to make these things viable, just apply a simple passive in each case.

But then again, it's just my opinion.

Deleted
    Agi Swords will do instead of 2H.