New Holy attunement.

Up on the front page:

Holy
    Multistrike Attunement You gain 5% more of the Multistrike stat from all sources. Priest - Holy Spec. Also increases the damage or healing of your multistrikes by 25%. Priest - Holy Spec.

First I was really pumped! But the more I think of it, what does this mean? They said they would balance stats, did they give this buff because multistrike was weak on holy priest? If so, why? Couldn't they alter the rating at wich we gain multistrike %?

And if not, are we 'forced' to stack mulstrike?

And if not, Will we be balanced around having this perk?

Multistrike will be our best secondary stat after spirit. That's what secondary stat atunements are intended to do. So, yes, we will likely be getting a lot of multistrike.

Yes, we will be balanced around it. They don't just give away free throughput.
    Last edited by Shahad; 2014-07-03 at 10:38 AM.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Feels so counter productive though, previously they stated they wanted all stats to be equal, and now they come with this stuff.

I don't think they ever really had a goal of making every secondary stat equal. They want to make every secondary stat viable, close enough for the player to not feel penalized for a boss not dropping their best item.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    I don't think they ever really had a goal of making every secondary stat equal. They want to make every secondary stat viable, close enough for the player to not feel penalized for a boss not dropping their best item.
    And this helps how exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    And this helps how exactly?
    No idea. I think the whole stat atunement thing is terrible and should be scrapped. Maybe their thinking is to purposefully make some secondary stats stronger for each spec to provide some kind of gameplay element to gearing where you need to pick and choose your optimal sets over pure ilvl upgrades, but since making each stat 100% equal for each spec is downright impossible I don't see the point.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    I really think the whole stats atunement would have been way better the other way around.
    I mean, it could have been used to compensate the lack of contribution to some stat for a specific class instead of increasing the contribution of an already useful stat.

For example, if disc priests have haste atunement, then haste becomes relatively closer to mastery and crit. That way, there is less discrepancy between haste/mastery/crit as it is intended by blizzard for WOD.

I chose disc because its currently obvious which stats are better (10man and 25man). Its not currently that simple for holy because stats priorities are not the same depending on the raiding format... But I hope you all see what the point is.

i think priests will just stack mastery + multistrike. multistrikes proc EoL and holy priests (as it is on beta atm) do not need more than 1200~ spirit.

Deleted
    well it seems that renew is currently our best spell by far and it's not affected by mastery. A heavy haste/multistrike could be better under those conditions because :
    - haste still affects renew ticks and GCD (useful because rapid renewal has disappeared) ;
    - haste reduces the cast time of : Heal, Flash Heal, PoH (also T100 ??), PoM and T90 and beta mana regen currently allows for high haste.

Edit : haste has always been the best throughput stats for HoT healers or even healers who use non instant heals. Plus, that gearing strategy would allow for a viable shadow offspec (for those who plan to have a dps offspec)
    Last edited by mmocf4af30eb25; 2014-07-03 at 01:46 PM.

Anyone on the beta tested to see whether this is an additive or multiplicative bonus to the MS amount?

IE: Is it 30% MS +25% = 55% MS hits

or 30% MS *1.25 = 37.5% MS hits

(I would guess multiplicative but just curious)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? No more simple and easy BiS list? OH the humanity!

Deleted
    Don't get your hopes up : simple and easy BIS lists are still going to happen. They're just gonna be harder to get. The fact that they're adding new stats is just going to make theorycrafting more interesting for those who like it.

Edit : @Keiya : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ussion)/page18

Seems its multiplicative.
    Last edited by mmocf4af30eb25; 2014-07-03 at 02:25 PM.

char sheet shows .375 yep

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It says from "all sources". So that suggests it includes not just gear but trinket procs, raid buffs, food buffs, enchants, potions, flasks, etc. That can add-up.

Why would Blizzard want us to focus on RNG stats? Seems like the complete opposite of what healing's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    Why would Blizzard want us to focus on RNG stats? Seems like the complete opposite of what healing's supposed to be.
    With the WoD healing model (assuming it doesn't crash and burn mid-expansion), RNG throughput is valuable because there's always something to heal and not that much opportunity for overhealing. Combined with the fact multistrike is MUCH more likely to occur than, say, crit, it makes it a pretty good stat anyway.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    With the WoD healing model (assuming it doesn't crash and burn mid-expansion), RNG throughput is valuable because there's always something to heal and not that much opportunity for overhealing. Combined with the fact multistrike is MUCH more likely to occur than, say, crit, it makes it a pretty good stat anyway.
    Sure the RNG throughput won't be overheal, but you still have no control over it. A consistent and predictable increase to your healing is much better as you can apply it reliably and depend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    Sure the RNG throughput won't be overheal, but you still have no control over it. A consistent and predictable increase to your healing is much better as you can apply it reliably and depend on it.
    You can reasonably depend on multistrike due to it's high proc chance.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention, holy "hits" a lot with spells, whether it's Renew ticks, Circle of Light hitting five targets, Prayer of Healing hitting five targets, etc. That raises the "sample size" on each cast a lot, which makes crit and multistrike a lot more reliable than if you were just casting single-target heals.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Small chances for extra throughput applied to lots of small healing events (hots) is a lot better than "did my 2 second cast time crit or not". With hots critting and multistriking (which is basically two stats doing roughly the same thing as far as the big picture is concerned), the RNG is averaged out a lot. If over healing is low (intended model), the RNG throughput, especially on small healing events is very good.

Multi-strike and crit will probably be very good for holy priests, druids, and monk. Depending on earthliving probably good for shaman also. (No comment on pallies because we haven't had a reasonable h pally since ICC.)