Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To tl;dr my previous post: If you hated cataclysm and MoP, and are sure that WoD is "shit" why aren't you happy some designer got replaced? I'd really like some answers to this.

If the game is "getting worse because I feel it is", why are you against replacing employees?

I'd be deeply disappointed if this had anything to do with the polygon article.

He took a more than sensible position not to charge his own games with political correctness and pandering. Not everything needs to be a political battlefield. Identity politics needs to be crushed.

Rob tried to get more alliancecentric content and look what happened....
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    No. The game lost millions much before Cata went live. The only difference is the game was newer and not everyone with a passing interest had tried it so the losses were covered by the overall retention. Now there just aren't millions of people trying to the game to cover up the lost players.
    Nope, I was around for that. We lost our first big chunk of subs in the lead up to Cata's launch and that was blamed on China or something. Once we got into Cata, though, we had steady consistent perpetual sub loss throughout the lifespan of Cata, right up to the end when 4.3 and LFR's launching stabilized the sub-loss for a few months before MOP started and the subs plummeted again.

Cata and onward has been complete and utter failure in terms of stopping the sub loss, much less drawing back old players and drawing in new players. I mean, literally, the entirety of the game has sucked ass since Wrath ended.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thabris View Post
    To tl;dr my previous post: If you hated cataclysm and MoP, and are sure that WoD is "shit" why aren't you happy some designer got replaced? I'd really like some answers to this.

If the game is "getting worse because I feel it is", why are you against replacing employees?
    Because Rob Pardo wasn't directly involved with Cataclysm and Mists. The current team took over pretty much going into Cataclysm.

Deleted
    It would warm my heart to know that Pardo had been fired because of his unacceptable comments but I think we all know that isn't the case. If he was fired it almost certainly had nothing to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Comparing him to Ghostcrawler tells alot about you I guess :P
    Maybe but my point is that he didn't have a role as lead designer on WoD so it is in my personal belief that him leaving won't have a super huge impact on WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Don't know who that is...seriously how do you people know so much about blizzard employees..do you stalk them or somthing? >.<
    No, they frequent an MMO forum and probably others, AND don't live under a rock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Caretaker View Post
    Come on, Protar, you know better than that. It's not helpful, at all, to try and pigeonhole someone you've never met, and have likely misunderstood, over a paragraph written on a gaming forum.
    C'mon, the guy literally just said "I don't want any homo stuff in video games." I can understand if somebody doesn't care either way, I don't expect or ask for everyone to be passionate about every cause. But being actively against the inclusion of minorities is rather inexcusable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Nope, I was around for that. We lost our first big chunk of subs in the lead up to Cata's launch and that was blamed on China or something. Once we got into Cata, though, we had steady consistent perpetual sub loss throughout the lifespan of Cata, right up to the end when 4.3 and LFR's launching stabilized the sub-loss for a few months before MOP started and the subs plummeted again.
    Essentially, there was something of a loss near the end of WotLK (a more natural saturation point, given the way the game grew) and Cataclysm launched to the record subscriber number of 12 million. If we were talking about natural wastage and players leaving due to the normal life cycle, we'd have to ignore the fact that the number has fallen very sharply rather than gradually, and we'd also have to ignore the fact the design direction took a 180 from what the previous team thought was good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Oh I see. So when you said you didn't care if you were called a homophobe, what you actually meant was that you didn't care that you are a homophobe. Gotcha.
    Always great seeing the social justice warrior defense brigade on duty

It would warm my heart to know that Pardo had been fired because of his unacceptable comments but I think we all know that isn't the case. If he was fired it almost certainly had nothing to do with that.
    It's really sad that petty human beings like you are part of the same community on this website that I am a part of.

Absolutely disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    It's really sad that petty human beings like you are part of the same community on this website that I am a part of.

Absolutely disgusting.
    The disgust is mutual don't worry. It's really sad that on this forum the guy calling out blatant homophobia is the bad guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon, the guy literally just said "I don't want any homo stuff in video games." I can understand if somebody doesn't care either way, I don't expect or ask for everyone to be passionate about every cause. But being actively against the inclusion of minorities is rather inexcusable.
    I think it more likely that he simply meant:

"I don't want the issue of homosexuality to be prevalent in video games".

Of course I could be wrong, but I can see why someone would have that view. It's a topic that shouldn't matter to anyone but, unfortunately, it does. Not wanting to see it in a video game, where it might attract unwanted attention (remember the Ji Firepaw incident?), is fair enough. I disagree, but I don't think it's an unfair stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thabris View Post

Because its a lot easier to doomsay and bitch than it is to think up legitimate reasons.
    OT: Wish you the best of luck Rob!

Have any of you crazy people ever stopped to think, maybe something personal is going on? Maybe something you don't need to know and have no right to know? Jesus, a man quits his job he has been at for 17 years, that is a high-tier job and y'all all flip and act like the damn world is ending. Give the man some dang room and get off both his and Blizzard's back and unless you actually work there and know for certain of what is going on.

The disgust is mutual don't worry. It's really sad that on this forum the guy calling out blatant homophobia is the bad guy.
    Can't help but agree a little bit here, though the conversation is straying a little off-topic, still.

Quote Originally Posted by klebslol View Post
    Always great seeing the social justice warrior defense brigade on duty
    Is the SWJ comment the new 'defense' against being called out on being bigotted? Because I've got to say, its extremely poor.

There is no blatant homophobia happening, just disgust at the people who want to ruin anything they can get their hands on because their demands and vision aren't catered to.

You must really live in your own little bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Have any of you crazy people ever stopped to think, maybe something personal is going on? Maybe something you don't need to know and have no right to know? Jesus, a man quits his job he has been at for 17 years, that is a high-tier job and y'all all flip and act like the damn world is ending. Give the man some dang room and get off both his and Blizzard's back and unless you actually work there and know for certain of what is going on.
    He clearly wanted us to know about it, so people can suck it up and deal with the fact that we're talking about it. He didn't have to announce it to the world.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games