View Poll Results: What is the most OP class in 5.4.8?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Death Knight

    4 1.09%
  • Druid

    22 5.98%
  • Hunter

    43 11.68%
  • Mage

    30 8.15%
  • Monk

    37 10.05%
  • Paladin

    3 0.82%
  • Priest

    7 1.90%
  • Rogue

    14 3.80%
  • Shaman

    21 5.71%
  • Warlock

    125 33.97%
  • Warrior4

    62 16.85%
Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Most OP class as of 5.4.8

    Keeping the discussion going

    I don't play at high ratings but I feel like warriors just destroy if no one stops them
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-07-18 at 01:57 AM.

  2. #2
    I don't think a single class can be defined as "the most OP", otherwise said class would probably be in every top comp.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Keeping the discussion going

    I don't play at high ratings but I feel like warriors just destroy if no one stops them
    Any class will destroy if not countered... dumbest quote of the day so far.

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Tbh...i can't anser it...they can counter each good....

  5. #5
    Deleted
    Warriors have good uptime for a melee class, you have to be more skilled as a caster to compensate. I would personally say hunters being bias. As a mage i find them the most problematic class to fight against, that and a skilful DK.

    Saying everything has a counter is only partially true, some comps are significantly more OP than others and more often than not this will be down to class synergy and a little to do with relative power (OPness) of a class. Mostly cheese 2v2 comps will have OP or imbalanced control/burst DPS.

  6. #6
    Affliction locks.
    Shamans as a class as a whole are quite strong because they give a counter to locks.

    Mages, warriors, and Rdruids are also over the top.

    The worst melee spec is ret, followed by ww and DK. Worst classes as a whole are paladins and DKs.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by monkieassasin View Post
    Affliction locks.
    Shamans as a class as a whole are quite strong because they give a counter to locks.

    Mages, warriors, and Rdruids are also over the top.

    The worst melee spec is ret, followed by ww and DK. Worst classes as a whole are paladins and DKs.
    I'd say this post is pretty accurate.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Kanariya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,074
    The most op class: Warriors and the last class to kill me

    The worst class: Mine.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by monkieassasin View Post
    Affliction locks.
    Shamans as a class as a whole are quite strong because they give a counter to locks.

    Mages, warriors, and Rdruids are also over the top.

    The worst melee spec is ret, followed by ww and DK. Worst classes as a whole are paladins and DKs.
    Locks being over the top and shamans being the best healer just because they can counter locks. God how many seasons has this been the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Keeping the discussion going

    I don't play at high ratings but I feel like warriors just destroy if no one stops them

    Sadly it happens every expansion. It's like they get their abilities buffed a ton or the scaling from the inflating gear works better for them than the other classes and they just wind up destroying people near the end of each expansion. lol

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Sadly it happens every expansion. It's like they get their abilities buffed a ton or the scaling from the inflating gear works better for them than the other classes and they just wind up destroying people near the end of each expansion. lol
    Ikr?? In 5.3, warriors needed some help. The 5.4 patch notes LITERALLY had the MOST buffs for warriors for ANY SPEC in the game single handedly in one, single patch since BC to wrath 3.0 patch for ret paladins. They WAYYYYYY over did the buffs. BIG TIME. And IDK how devs did not see that coming...
    They are still a bit over the top, and they have received small nerfs to try to bring them in line.
    It may happen again in WoD too. Warriors are complaining about their rotation, and lack of ability to generate rage while being kited, but at the same time, they can get a 95k hit off in one global on the beta if Mortal strike crits with all cds and procs up, and a multistrike on a pvp target. THAT... should... NOT... happen. AT ALL.... idc if their sustained sucks. Giving them an ability that can knock off 1/3-1/5 of someones health in a metagame where finishers are hitting for 5-8% of someones health from other specs is just plain retarded. Buff their sustained, and bring that god awfully broken burst down to a reasonable level.

    If they dont see that, then warriors may go live being the top end melee again. The good hting at least, is that the survivability nerfs might keep them in line this tine.

  12. #12
    Hybrids and frost mages.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by monkieassasin View Post
    Affliction locks.
    Shamans as a class as a whole are quite strong because they give a counter to locks.

    Mages, warriors, and Rdruids are also over the top.

    The worst melee spec is ret, followed by ww and DK. Worst classes as a whole are paladins and DKs.
    Id agree but also rogues belong in that category too the only reason rogues can do well is because of one Comp, RMX rogues really arent viable as any other comp.

    Its sub using marked for death, subterfuge and elusiveness, prey on the weak + FMage+ Resto Druid usually = OP because of the rogues enhancements to the mages damage through tricks of the trade prey on the weak and master poisoner:Total 35 % increased dps for the mage.

    rogue burst isnt really scary or on par with warrior burst or hunter burst and its so easy to juke its just the buffs we give to the mage other than that rogues are still pretty fragile and not a very mobile class, plus we have become a control support class yet we have less CC than some other classes that excell at damage.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrogueplayer View Post
    Hybrids and frost mages.
    Frost mages just received a huge nerf in that deep now breaks instantly the moment hte target takes damage. Ice lance damage was also considerably reduced. They had the most burst in WoD of any spec in game, so thats overall a change to help bring them in line. But given blizzards history with mages, one or both of those will be reverted before live.

    Hybrids will get nerfed. They always do. They never last long like that. I jsut hope they dont destroy ret in the process of nerfing all the hybrids like they did in s12. #rip100%pvppowerhybridheals

  14. #14
    Since this topic should be around the current patch: Frost mages, no doubt about it.

    They can easily take 70% of your life with a deep freeze, no cast required during the burst window and if you interrupt them on frost, someone will get pollied. They also tend to have very high survivability and they get a lot of control.

    Also frost mages are part of the most OP comp of this season: God Comp. Finally, mages can play two free 2k comps: RMP and RMD, which are very easy to play and very effective until you fight people that know how to peel very well.

    I would personally rank it (DPS only):
    1) Mages.
    2) Warlocks.
    3) Warriors.
    4) Hunters.
    5) Rogues.
    6) Priests.
    7) Shamans.
    8/9) Death knights.
    8/9) Druids.
    10) Monks.
    11) Paladins.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Finally, mages can play two free 2k comps: RMP and RMD
    Of all the comps out there, RMP and RMD are the two that are "free 2k"?
    It really sounds like you are just unable to fight mages...

  16. #16
    Overall mage, shaman, hunter. These are the classes that make or break a comp.

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Since this topic should be around the current patch: Frost mages, no doubt about it.

    They can easily take 70% of your life with a deep freeze, no cast required during the burst window and if you interrupt them on frost, someone will get pollied. They also tend to have very high survivability and they get a lot of control.

    Also frost mages are part of the most OP comp of this season: God Comp. Finally, mages can play two free 2k comps: RMP and RMD, which are very easy to play and very effective until you fight people that know how to peel very well.

    I would personally rank it (DPS only):
    1) Mages.
    2) Warlocks.
    3) Warriors.
    4) Hunters.
    5) Rogues.
    6) Priests.
    7) Shamans.
    8/9) Death knights.
    8/9) Druids.
    10) Monks.
    11) Paladins.
    I like the part where you put Druids at number 9

    1 locks.

  18. #18
    Not this again....as others have said there is no single OP class. Any threat left alone will definitely leave the perception that they are OP.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

  19. #19
    Deleted
    Ranged: Mages and Warlocks

    Melee: Warriors

    Healer: Resto Shaman

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Not this again....as others have said there is no single OP class. Any threat left alone will definitely leave the perception that they are OP.
    Some classes are easier to counter than others. This delution people have of all classes being balanced is just laughable and sort of sad.

  20. #20
    Plenty of people are thinking mainly of 3s, but in 2s or 1v1 situations Monks are ridiculously good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •