Poll: What is the most OP class in 5.4.8?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    In the big picture, shamans are the most OP. Best healer in resto, ele is very viable and is in what some consider the best comp there is in LSD 2.0. Enhancement is slightly less represented but still has viable comps and has the gnarliest burst in the game. 3 r1 viable specs that have 3 different roles. I could argue hunters or locks are superior as dps specific classes, but overall it has to be shamans with how dominant resto is while still having ele and enhance being solid specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    Plenty of people are thinking mainly of 3s, but in 2s or 1v1 situations Monks are ridiculously good.
    Being op in 2s or 1v1's is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    In the big picture, shamans are the most OP. Best healer in resto, ele is very viable and is in what some consider the best comp there is in LSD 2.0. Enhancement is slightly less represented but still has viable comps and has the gnarliest burst in the game. 3 r1 viable specs that have 3 different roles. I could argue hunters or locks are superior as dps specific classes, but overall it has to be shamans with how dominant resto is while still having ele and enhance being solid specs.
    You nailed it. It has a lot to do with tremor. Its so needed with all the fears going around. And if your on a team without a shaman, and go against a lock team, you will pretty much lose unless they make massive mistakes and you guys play extremely well. The meta game literally boils down to locks and how OP they are, and shamans which are the only way to tone down the OPness of locks.
    Everything else is about burst, crazy amounts of CC, and good survivability. If you dont have all 3 of those, your rep is showing it this season. Thats why warriors, locks, mages, and spriests are still doing well. They have all 3 with no tradeoff at all, with locks not only having all 3, but literally being the best at all 3 as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Ranged: Mages and Warlocks

Melee: Warriors

Healer: Resto Shaman

- - - Updated - - -

Some classes are easier to counter than others. This delution people have of all classes being balanced is just laughable and sort of sad.
    This pretty much sums it up

10+ Year Old Account
    I find Shaman to be in a very good spot at the moment. They're really well represented in most brackets (still average in 2's) as all three specializations. That's not to say they're the utmost strongest, but they're up there.

Most OP class is also a very broad term, as there are many different variables. For example, Windwalker Monk's and Feral Druid's can solo most 2's games, yet they're just above average in a 3's composition, but when I read the title, the first words that came to mind were: "Balance Druid".

I don't know any other class that's as strong as a good Balance Druid at the moment though. They have: the DoT damage of an Affliction Warlock, instant cast Starsurge's that proc almost constantly and rival (and sometimes even beat) Lava Burst damage, as well as healing comparable to that of a Restoration Druid and the utility, crowd control and mobility of most other above average classes in those fields.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a WW and Feral I have the hardest time with Hunters, Mages, and locks (think they are destro).

Quote Originally Posted by monkieassasin View Post
    Affliction locks.
    Shamans as a class as a whole are quite strong because they give a counter to locks.

Mages, warriors, and Rdruids are also over the top.

The worst melee spec is ret, followed by ww and DK. Worst classes as a whole are paladins and DKs.
    I agree with most of this. But I don't think WW is that weak. Played correctly, they are very versatile. Good damage, good CC, good self heals, and great mobility. They are like the jack of all trades. A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

I think most blatantly OP class right now is hunters.

And, of course, healing (and especially hybrid healing) needs to be toned down. This is being addressed in WoD though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkieassasin View Post
    Affliction locks.
    Shamans as a class as a whole are quite strong because they give a counter to locks.

Mages, warriors, and Rdruids are also over the top.

The worst melee spec is ret, followed by ww and DK. Worst classes as a whole are paladins and DKs.
    Haven't played my ret pally in a while are they really that bad?
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Rets are pretty bad right now. I ditched mine back in cata because I hated the holy power change. Dusted him off recently after letting him collect dust for YEARS and decided to give it a whirl. Quickly abandoned him again at 90. I can't stand holy power. We are not rogues who need to build "combo points". It reminded me why I quit my ret years ago, and this is why I'm done with the paladin class. Holy power is trash.

Holy power isn't working for ret, and it's ruining the spec. They need to ditch it and find something else. They took a completely fun and viable spec from WoTLK, butchered it in cata, and then completely ruined it in MoP. Yeah, rets are bottom of the barrel right now. It's not even a fun spec to play anymore (my opinion).
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2014-07-06 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Rets are pretty bad right now. I ditched mine back in cata because I hated the holy power change. Dusted him off recently after letting him collect dust for YEARS and decided to give it a whirl. Quickly abandoned him again at 90. I can't stand holy power. We are not rogues who need to build "combo points". It reminded me why I quit my ret years ago, and this is why I'm done with the paladin class. Holy power is trash.

Holy power isn't working for ret, and it's ruining the spec. They need to ditch it and find something else. They took a completely fun and viable spec from WoTLK, butchered it in cata, and then completely ruined it in MoP. Yeah, rets are bottom of the barrel right now. It's not even a fun spec to play anymore (my opinion).
    You might not like it, but it's made Retribution one of the most fun melee specs next to Enhancement for me. It feels extremely staple to me and I don't know what I'd do if they changed it. Sure, we're not Rogues, but there's nothing wrong with a resource generating mechanic.

I've played my Paladin (and Shaman) since Vanilla, and Holy Power's been one of the most welcomed changes. With the loss of Inquisition in Warlords, it'll definitely be competing against Enhancement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Retribution's only bad because it doesn't have enough utility to be brought over say, a Warrior or a Holy Paladin (since they can do exactly the same) in PvP.

In PvE they're doing fine.

Don't listen to Coldhearth.

Affliction lock is the most OP dps spec this season in arena. It's the reason every team needs a shaman on it (tremor totem)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    You might not like it, but it's made Retribution one of the most fun melee specs next to Enhancement for me. It feels extremely staple to me and I don't know what I'd do if they changed it. Sure, we're not Rogues, but there's nothing wrong with a resource generating mechanic.
    That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Personally, I did not like the holy power change. Loved my ret in wotlk, but once they added holy power in cata, I didn't find the spec fun anymore. Decided to dust him off lately, went to 90, and then just gave up once again. I think holy power ruined the class. But again, that's just my 2 cents.

Secondary resources work well with some classes, but I do not feel they added anything to paladin. Ret is very under represented right now for very good reason. It's a gimped spec when compared to other melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Personally, I did not like the holy power change. Loved my ret in wotlk, but once they added holy power in cata, I didn't find the spec fun anymore. Decided to dust him off lately, went to 90, and then just gave up once again. I think holy power ruined the class. But again, that's just my 2 cents.

Secondary resources work well with some classes, but I do not feel they added anything to paladin. Ret is very under represented right now for very good reason. It's a gimped spec when compared to other melee.
    It's only gimp because it lacks the utility that some other melee have, and its sustained damage outside of burst is slightly lower, comparable to that of Enhancement when they're not using cooldowns. Other than that, they're fine and I'm glad nothing big is being changed in Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    It's only gimp because it lacks the utility that some other melee have, and its sustained damage outside of burst is slightly lower, comparable to that of Enhancement when they're not using cooldowns. Other than that, they're fine and I'm glad nothing big is being changed in Warlords.
    I would be forced to disagree. Rets sustained is no where near enhance's; enhance is nearly on par with warriors. Rets burst is only up there on cloth. Their survivability is among the worst in the game, they are very susceptible to cc, all of their utility and buffs can be purged. They might not need an overhaul but they definitely would need alot of tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Ranged: Mages and Warlocks

Melee: Warriors

Healer: Resto Shaman

- - - Updated - - -

Some classes are easier to counter than others. This delution people have of all classes being balanced is just laughable and sort of sad.
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    If you honestly think this, then you are no true PvPer.

To the OP, you need to be more specific.

Which is OP in which situation?

In 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5?

I remember we had issues with people exactly like this when arena first came out. Before then, when you ask about PvP, they asked about what kind, then after a few season, you had tards who immediately asked who your partner was, it was like the thought of 1v1 (the most common PvP at the time) and battlegrounds didn't exist anymore. To be honest, their response to this question actually lets you see who is a PvPer versus who is just an Arena sandbox baby.

Deleted
    their response to this question actually lets you see who is a PvPer versus who is just an Arena sandbox baby.
    3v3 is the only proper bracket in the game, random and rated bgs are beyond a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I like the part where you put Druids at number 9

1 locks.
    I liked the part where he listed classes rather then specs more. Feral is just as good as resto or balance, right...?