Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Killing mines is just a bit meh in my opinion, the empowered laser and magnet together is pretty hard and I'm not sure why so many tactics encourage it.
    There is a simple answer to that: When those who write those tactics did the boss, the nerf to mines hadn't happened yet and doing them was unfeasible in 10 man. The current (nerfed) version of the mines has so little HP they're a joke, but originally that was pretty difficult.

Another thing is, if you do the tactics without mines, there is only one difficult phase in the whole fight that lasts for about 45 seconds. Once you get through that, it's basically a kill. So just blow all CDs during the first Overcharged Magnet (and have people move out of missiles, blades and fire), survive that and you get a kill.

Here's a video from when we first did the boss (before the nerfs back in December): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEYwOwPSSSo
    The difficult phase is from 2:10 to 2:50. Note how we keep the stacking area free of fire and blades before that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    Missile
    Missile
    Missile
    Missile
    Missile
    Mine (back)
    Missile
    Missile
    Laser (back)
    Missile

The boss should be dead anyway but just in case :

Missile
    Laser
    Personally our first kill which was around 3 weeks ago (We started late only been raiding heroic since middle of april) We followed this exact belt order and the fight was easy we had two melee and two ranged and you just get a shammy to chuck an earthgrab totem + time your stuns and knockbacks on the mines the tanks can also help out on them and we killed it on our 18th try just before our 3rd empowered mines. I am a ret pala I would stun the first large mine then glyped blinding light on the second. That paired with shammy earthgrab and knockbacks the mines hardly moved. Just make sure if melee get targeted they keep there distance.

Empowered magnet would the most damage intensive fight but just have some globals ready and you should be fine.

Most guides out there say kill mines because they used to have alot more hp before the nerf but now I really dont see why anyone wouldn't destroy missles it makes stacking so much easier, also having 2 ppl who can solo the belt will decrease the wipes (we used a hunter and monk)

Good luck.

Deleted
    Answer is simple if you have problems with something - skip it. Best way to do this boss this days it's zerg

www.youtu.be/-51Mfwa27qo - enjoy
    Last edited by mmoce36509ef3e; 2014-07-08 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaving bombs up on 10man is not optimal especially for the first kill.
    You have less CC than 25man and things can get out of hand really fast, kill the bombs, leave the towers up and when emp.lazer stack near the gaps and try your best to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    You have less CC than 25man and things can get out of hand really fast, kill the bombs, leave the towers up and when emp.lazer stack near the gaps and try your best to survive.
    It is very optimal for the first kill, since the nerf mines are hardly dangerous. They are made of paper and die faster then an orgrimar grunt aggroing you while fighting shamans.

We had our hunter derp on siegecrafter this week and killed the missile on the first belt which gives us some emp mines then we went back to killing mines on the belts and it was a complete joke. You don't get Emp laser & magnet at the same time, it was very easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried dropping a healer for extra dps?

We 1 heal (Pally or priest) every week and having 1 extra dps significantly shortens the fight.

Although it's harder (apprently?) we use the "kill mines" strategy as we run 3 melee and killing the mines is must harder than missles with so litte ranged dps.

Here's a log of last weeks kill, our fastest yet @ 3:28.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...QDPc2L#fight=6

As for surving the fire. There is a large "safe" zone to the left of the pipes you jump into down to the boss. It is large enough for 4-5 people to stand in and avoid almost all the damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    I think 1/5th is generous. You'd have to assume most guilds who haven't cleared yet and are here asking for advice probably aren't the kind with extreme skills. In that case why encourage a tactic involving dodging missiles during magnet with fire around you? You could just have them take more advantage of the nerfs and higher gear to do a mines based tactic instead. I get the other one was easier to start with since killing mines on time wasn't really a thing that happened, but these days it's basically a no-brainer imo.
    The strat I suggest involve dodging ZERO missiles. Why would you criticise a post if you're not even aware how the strat concerned even works? i was suggesting they kill turrets on belt and mines on the platform. read before you comment maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

The mines die SO fuckin quickly now and any number of classes can help cc. Drood vortex, dk aoe grip, aff lock aoe slow, shammy totems, mage ring of frost, hunter frostt trap, priest root, lock aoe stun, lock pet sac knockback to name a few.

It's very easy after the nerfs and with the right classes. We used a destro lock and a frost mage to kill mines and very few them got anywhere near the raid. Also anyone who could slow/stun them was doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    The strat I suggest involve dodging ZERO missiles. Why would you criticise a post if you're not even aware how the strat concerned even works? i was suggesting they kill turrets on belt and mines on the platform. read before you comment maybe?
    I wasn't criticising your strategy, I was speaking generally about killing mines on the belt being bad. Not sure why you thought it meant you specifically given that you're the one who quoted ME to start off with. Maybe you should be reading before you post too :/

Deleted
    Looking at your setup ele shaman and destruction lock, I would go for killling missiles on belt. Its a lot easier to learn to do the killing missile strat, we have done both. Learned the kill mines always on belt strat and swappped to missles as our new recruits kept dying to stuff (we swapped server and replaced about 5 raiders), because they havent done that strat before. We swapped after about 10 tries doing our old strat and saw the missile strat instead. Its a lot easier(took 3 more tries to kill), the only requirement is you can kill the mines fast on platform, as long as you can deal with them fast its a pretty easy fight. Those saying do mines on belt have progressed on it and gotten a lot of wipes learning it and now its easy for them, but for new guys learning it missile strat is way easier to learn and I would recommend everyone using it now.

For missile strat only a few things you need to worry about, the swap between fire > magnet phase, after you have killed belt 2 and belt 3, thats the hardest bit. The person kiting laser at any point during magnets is often going to be close to dying, so need to use personals and healers need to be aware of who is running with it so they can top him off as soon as he is close, healers might have to go out and heal him. That and melee needs to be supercareful when you get empowered mines, since you can spawn up to 9 mines by killing the 3 empowered ones, and 1 or 2 will probably target him/ them. Else slow and stuns on mines and gg.

Another thing I noticed is you have 3 melee, I really really wouldnt suggest you doing the tactic of killing mines on belt, its very hard to avoid all the fire / sawblades / missiles during magnet phase. That overlap between fire into magnet from belt 2 to 3 is darn hard with 3 melee.

Last thing to remember is there is barely any RNG in this fight, everything comes out at certain times, its just learning the timings and positioning during those times.