Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Back in BC I was leveling a hunter. I gave a cloth item to a lvl 12 priest, she was so grateful.. turned out she had a lvl 70 hunter and boosted me to lvl 60. What goes around comes around I guess..

I was trying to solo Crucible of Carnage with my priest, but failed so I went to Orgrimmar and tried to find someone to boost me for 1000g. I spent maybe 10 minutes "spamming" without response, until this warrior responded. I told him to just take the portal to Twiight Highlands and went there myself. Unfortunately he had dropped his Twilight Highlands quests before getting the portal, so he had to take boat to UC and then fly with his mount. Midway through I realised he didn't even have epic flying and was trying to fly to TH with 150% flying speed. When he finally arrived to the arena, I asked him why he didn't have 280% flying and he said he had been kicked from LFR once for not having optimal gems and enchant so he had to spend all his gold on that kind of stuff. At that point I felt really sorry for him and just gave him 5k gold so he could buy his epic flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Every time someone in orgrimmar begs for gold, i trade them, put in 100k gold, wait a few seconds...... and then exit the trade.

Well, I do give them a few seconds of joy right?
    Last edited by Bumbasta; 2014-07-07 at 05:54 PM.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Back in Wrath when I had just started leveling my feral druid I met another feral druid. She saw I was a new player and basically took me under her wing and helped me quest, took me through zones, paid for my mounts, training, and sometimes gear, and taught me nearly everything I know about playing a druid, all without being asked. We lost contact when I took a break for a few months and could no longer find her on the server when I came back. I don't know what ever happened to her but she was truly the kindest person I have ever met in this game.

when deleting chars on a realm i gave a random low lvl 50k gold.

Stopped playing on that server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Every time some in orgrimmar begs for gold, i trade them, put in 100k gold, wait a few seconds...... and then exit the trade.

Well, I do give them a few seconds of joy right?
    this thread for acts of kindness not deuchbaggery

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm out in the world and see someone struggling with a tough rare or something, I'll fly down and help them kill it. I'm almost always on either a geared tank or a geared hunter, so I can either weather the damage until it dies or burst its face in.

I also always reply to peoples' questions about the game (e.g. I'm level 30 where should I quest, where do I get this pattern, etc) if I know the answer. I make it a point to do this because there are too many 'LOL LRN2GOOGLE SCRUB' idiots in the game, most all of them having asked questions themselves at some point.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    A pretty common staple of my realm is someone standing in the starting zone, and every time someone new makes a character (and doesn't get hierlooms), he gives them 4 bags and 100 gold.

It's not me doing it, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy who just hit 70 and was grinding out his merciless set. I had been talking to him and grinding a couple bg's w/ him here and there. Once he was fully finished, I hooked him up with every enchantment he needed including double mongoose.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things i've done:

-I have given away gold several times to new players. Usually whenever anyone asks for gold to help a new player to the server, i give them 100g or more depending on how im feeling.

-I created a glyph package for a random class, and mailed that person every glyph that their character could learn

-I once carried a new player on my 2 person seater flying mount across azeroth, helped them quest, etc

-Back in Cata, I crafted the cloth epic chest and gave them to new level 85 cloth wearers

-In TBC I held pug raids of SSC and TK. In SSC the melee trinket dropped off Leotheras the Blind (one of the best melee trinkets in the game), I got the highest roll, but i inspected the other guy who got the second highest roll and he looked like he could use it more than I did, and I loot assigned him the trinket and said, "happy birthday"

-In MoP I would buy multiple brawlers guild rags off the neutral ah, often costing me 2-5k (when it was a new thing), and I would give them to random players who were trying to buy them in trade chat

-I have politely given advice on how to play the game to several players over the years, often inviting them in vent or skype to help them.

Things other players have done to me:

-I once received a gift wrapped Dark Whelpling pet in the mail from a random player and the note on the mail said: "Jaylock I hope you are having a good time playing WoW, thank you for giving me gold when I was a new player and helping me out. Here's a little something I farmed for you, enjoy!"

I then tried to mail the character back with a thank you, and I tried looking for the character to give him / her some gold or help or something but I never heard from that character again. (i assume it was an alt created just to send that nice package)

-I rolled an alt on the server Korgath, and I was just in Stormwind doing my thing as a lowbie and someone randomly opened trade with me and gave me 50g

-I have been the recipient of a few times where people passed on gear for me

Thats all i can think of for now.

I tip 1000g for ports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    this thread for acts of kindness not deuchbaggery
    acts of kindness or boasting? Seems te be boasting in most cases. People talking about what they did, not what they got.

Anyways my post was a joke.

Here is, I guess, the act of kindness i received:

I joined a guild as a social at level 1, when I just started playing. It was a serious raiding guild and they immediately took me with them when I hit max level. While I was a huge noob holding them back, they taught me how to play. Every single raidnight.
    Last edited by Bumbasta; 2014-07-07 at 05:53 PM.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to see this stuff still happens - MMOs do seem to be more selfish these days/

lol well when someone whispers me for portals i never charge , my guild mates and i also help any new players get settled in the game and help them with runs/farms

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could be here all day and create a massive post of all the things I have done for people in some 8 years of playing this game. I say that I have done everything from leveling characters, giving gold, dungeon grind lower level characters, to leveling someone profession for them or giving them all the mats to do so or just simply making gear for them to level or end-game or pieces to get in to the next dungeon or whatever content, in none of these cases have I asked anything in return.

I did or do everything that I can to do my part to make this a better game and experience for those that seem to be ignored in the various chats around Azeroth. I simply go out of my way to help people, even if and when others won't. I had most of these things done for me when I stated to play the game and had absolutely no clue what or where to go to get certain items and things.

I am a person that believes in playing this game as an extension of how I live in real life. For an example of one of the last people I helped. They were looking for some items to level their cooking to get Master of the Way title from the Tillers. I trade in a few ironpaw tokens to get them the item they were directly asking for in general chat. I proceeded from there to ask if they needed any items and I also asked them to link their cooking, so I could better assist them.

In all, I completely leveled all 6 branches of cooking from 525, so they could get the title. I did this because I had not done some like this in a few months and I had tons of mats even after leveling cooking on my 11 characters (two of which I deleted and rerolled and level all the pros on them again).

I have not done near as much as in this expansion as I have done in the past. In BC and Wrath, I helped out people in all the guilds I resided in whether or not I raided or pvp with them. I would simple make whatever or farm whatever the guild needed. I never asked for anything in return from anyone of them or any individual in those guilds. Just simply trying to do the right thing for others, that was all.

I rarely toot my own horn, frankly it something a try very hard not to do, but I thought since you bothered to make the thread I would respond to it. This game has been as passion for me and an outlet to overcome the physical disabilities that prevent me from what I can't do in real life. For a small portion of my day I can assist others and make a few friends along the way. I have probably helped a few long the way that come to these forums, many I have helped long since left the game. I will simply stop here because I have said more than I planned too.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-07-07 at 06:18 PM.

Had people help me get conquest capped with a newly 90 for free.
    I've had a lot of people do nice things for me over the years. I don't generally ask for help, usually never do unless it's like help with an old raid that I can't solo a boss :P

Oh, had someone during Classic help my group out in ZF because we couldn't find anyone. He was a level 60 High Warlord ranked Warrior. He ran us threw asmany times as he wanted. Thought it was really nice and neat of him.

Back in vanilla I used to sit at the starting zone and hand out free bags + 30g for new players, back when 30g was a lot for a new toon haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I've encountered tons of nice people over the years, from giving me gear or materials or gold, to helping me out with something I was struggling to find or solo or complete. There are lots of great people out there, I think they just keep to themselves because the loud minority of assholes just drown them out. Or they're jaded by now.

For stuff I've done? Back when 99% of characters in the starting zones weren't alts, I'd go up there and hand out bags to new players. Nowadays I don't really do anything special. I don't charge for crafting materials and don't take tips on portals, lockboxes, etc. But that's not very exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Back in vanilla I used to sit at the starting zone and hand out free bags + 30g for new players, back when 30g was a lot for a new toon haha
    By the time I rerolled a character on the same server/faction, my (now) spouse's main was already level 50. I saw the cat lady house north of Goldshire and wanted a cat pet badly, but I was certain that I'd never have an entire 40silver in order to buy one. My spouse bought me one, though, and I was about as shocked as I might be now if someone just walked up and handed me 100k gold. It seemed like an insurmountable amount of money then... and that was half a gold.

30 gold in classic is enormous, even at the level cap, but certainly more than a newbie would ever use (well, until their level 40 mount became available for purchase ).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |