UE + FlS or UE + LB+ FlS

so I just would like clarification I am ele and I thought I read some place that if you did UE then lava burst then Flame shock that the flameshock would benefit from the UE effect? Cuz even if I spam flame shock as soon as I cast lava burst the damage from my flame shock is the same as doing it with no UE effect. but if I do UE then flame shock for my my flameshocks are hiting for almost twice as much so wouldn't it be more benefital if I casted UE then flame shock then lava burst? would the dps be more that way?

this is pretty much just for opening

Thanks sorry if post seems jumbled up

I think because LB snapshots whatever you have up on yourself and on the target when it leaves your hands, the flameshock even though it hits the mob first will not benefit.
    Are you playing with UF? I am not sure if it is beneficial to recast FS whenever you cast UF with buffs up or not. I don't do the maths and my shaman is an alt. I only ever reapply flameshock with the leg gem haste buff for quicker ticks, if that even happens :P

this is mostly for the opener as it can be alittle harder with Earth shock with the stacks and what not to work in the rotation later but if my flameshock is about to come down and UE is up I do UE then flameshock again but only when I am about to apply flame shock again and UE is ready as the same time.

Im just wondering if over time the tick would be more than the damage directly from lava burst.

Oh on the opener, what I do is, drop ele, precast lightning bolt, UF+FS, ascendance+LvB spam.
    But yeah, if its available when FS is dropping off, I would use it.

This all being said if you dont use UF, UE is not used.
    Last edited by SilkDath; 2014-07-04 at 06:17 AM.

That's what I do too for everything just trying to actually also increase my damage/dps on garrosh. I am only 567 and our more geared are 573 dps being shadow priest and lock and dk and Mage and the last garrosh fight I was pulling 265k and above them on dps and damage. But I want to do more and I didn't know if it would help me maybe get at least 5-10k more dps

That warlock at 573 should be at absolute minimum 300k. Do you have logs?

The lock wasn't on last garrosh kill but before they i still beat him too. I don't have any logs I will Monday night tho.

- - - Updated - - -

I even failed too last garrosh kill only kept flame shock up about 75% of the time and I normally keep it up about 96% of the time

Garrosh is not a kind fight to DoT uptimes with MCs and intermission phases that require a lot of downtime/running/target switching.

Yeah well normally I keep my dot up 97% of the time. We was trying a new strat this week and I was more worried about doing the strat right.

Here is logs from tonite http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yA2r6jL9JtNFz3hH and last week I didn't pull 265l I had my meter set wrong I did 235k ish and this week I improved to 250k but still second on dps. Every other dps in raid besides me(Stormlie) and khaotic is 572+ There is no way I should be second

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that you really want to save UF buff for LvBs unless you really need FS applied and UF is off CD.

So that being said, on opener, it would be FS, then UE, then LvB? I really didn't think using UF buff for FS to be more beneficial because it doesn't increase every ticks' damage, does it?
    Last edited by Eggwolls; 2014-07-08 at 04:38 PM.

I think it is all off the cast now. I know in wrath and cata you could LvB then FS and if you timed it right your FS would effect that previous LvB damage's hit.

Up until the all LvB's crit thing in 5.2 (or somewhere around there) that didn't work anymore as I would always try to pull that way while leveling (otherwise the mob would start charging you when you FS'd them)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggwolls View Post
    I was under the impression that you really want to save UF buff for LvBs unless you really need FS applied and UF is off CD.

So that being said, on opener, it would be FS, then UE, then LvB? I really didn't think using UF buff for FS to be more beneficial because it doesn't increase every ticks' damage, does it?
    When I was practicing in target dumby without UE my FS would tick for like 9kish but with UE ticks for ~ 16-17k