Beta Hunters: Tortos and others, tameable?

MoP brought us several animal bosses, currently too high level to tame. There's Oondasta and Thok the Bloodthirsty as Devilsaurs. There's Horridon the Direhorn.

And there's my favourite all-time desired beast: Tortos!

I would love it if there are any brave hunters in the Beta that can find out if these glorious beasts are becoming tameable! With special interest in Tortos, the most awesome of turtles!

(I know people want Megaera as Hydra, but his model is just heads, so not really suitable beyond imagination, cool as he would be.)

Edit: We have official word on this issue now. Blizzard tends to wait more than one expansion, before raid bosses are tameable.
    Source: @Muffinus Twitter.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2014-07-10 at 04:19 PM.

I'm not sure if I want to go back into ToT right yet without a raid group, but that's a great idea to check out! Megaera doubt-ably will be tameable as you said, I don't think she had a model body but I'll go check it out sometime this weekend.

Megaera's model(s) are just heads and necks. No body. I doubt Blizz will allow us to tame it, lol.

I already checked Tortos on the beta, he isn't flagged as tameable (yet). Already put in a suggestion to make it so!

Last edited by BendakWoW; 2014-07-04 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tortos, Thok, Garalon, and i think that's it for Beast raid bosses this expansion, would love to be able to challenge tame Thok in his different colors!

Thanks for checking and such everyone. Not for now then, but let's keep our fingers crossed for changes !

Has anyone checked to see if Oondasta is tamable?

But there boss mobs Which means they cant be tamed? I only think Chromaggus Is the expection from the rule but that was because fans demanded it, and it was before they put the rare spawn Chromehound in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    But there boss mobs Which means they cant be tamed? I only think Chromaggus Is the expection from the rule but that was because fans demanded it, and it was before they put the rare spawn Chromehound in the game.
    Most beast bosses ARE tameable, so its more exception than rule at this point.

Also, we forgot Horridon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I kind of hope that Oondasta isn't flagged as tameable because then any random Hunter can show up and tame it and start the several hours long respawn timer -- which is going to be a massive problem for folks going back to try to kill him over the mount drop.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I kind of hope that Oondasta isn't flagged as tameable because then any random Hunter can show up and tame it and start the several hours long respawn timer -- which is going to be a massive problem for folks going back to try to kill him over the mount drop.
    The respawn on Oondasta is low, and I feel like once the expansion drops, you won't find many people going after the mount and will rather focus on other content. Cross realming to do things also well, solves things D:

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    The respawn on Oondasta is low, and I feel like once the expansion drops, you won't find many people going after the mount and will rather focus on other content. Cross realming to do things also well, solves things D:
    Time Lost or the one in Deepholm, they're still heavily camped and TLPD was Wrath. I completely expect people to circle back.

I have received an official word on this from @Muffinus:

"Usually we wait a few expacs before raid bosses are fair game "

So, we won't have the MoP raid bosses to look forward to as pets just yet. But at least now we know .

Quote Originally Posted by CookielessMan View Post
    Has anyone checked to see if Oondasta is tamable?
    not happening, could you imagine the trolls taming Oondasta while someone or some people are trying to kill it?

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Time Lost or the one in Deepholm, they're still heavily camped and TLPD was Wrath. I completely expect people to circle back.
    Very different cases. Oondasra reappers seberal times per day, shares tagging, has personal loot for each attacker, only gives loot once per week and doesn't exist for only a short time. A lot less competition for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    not happening, could you imagine the trolls taming Oondasta while someone or some people are trying to kill it?
    Except the taming is interrupted if you do not have aggro on it, so tanks just taunt or pull back aggro with rotation.

Well, as I said, Blizzard isn't allowing taming of the animal bosses of MoP in WoD yet, so it won't be an issue until whatever expansion comes after WoD. Then, they may decide to make Oondasta tameable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

"Usually we wait a few expacs before raid bosses are fair game "
    I wonder if that applies to mobs as well. Neither the corehounds, nor the hellhounds (which are labelled as corehounds) in Firelands are currently tamable.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get to tame Chimaeron thats plenty enough.